Tab control/selected tab page problem

First thing, we are using PB 6.0.  When using tab controls, we cannot cause
any tab page other than the one in index position 1 to be selected when
opening a window.  We have tried posting events that will perform the code
after the window is visible, to no avail.  I even tried using the movetab()
function as a last resort.  That worked, almost.  It brings the tab page I
want selected to the first position (the other tab pages are disabled, by
the way).  Then, when the user clicks a radio button, certain other tab
pages are enabled.  When they are enable, though, they get moved before the
tab page I moved to the first position.  HELP!  I cannot figure out how to
gracefully cause any tab page other than the first to be selected and that
is unacceptable to the end user.

TIA,

Tim

0
Tim

Hi Tim:
circumvent this by introducing a small delay inthe following way:
tab controls, we cannot cause
when
the code
the movetab()
the tab page I
by
other tab
before the
figure out how to
that

0
Biju
4/9/1999 3:17:17 PM
In the designer, set the SelectedTab property of your tab control to an
invalid number (like 99). Then in the open event of your window, you can set
the tab page you desire with tab_1.selectedtab = #.

Bret

Tim Wallace wrote in message ...
>First thing, we are using PB 6.0.  When using tab controls, we cannot cause
>any tab page other than the one in index position 1 to be selected when
>opening a window.  We have tried posting events that will perform the code
>after the window is visible, to no avail.  I even tried using the movetab()
>function as a last resort.  That worked, almost.  It brings the tab page I
>want selected to the first position (the other tab pages are disabled, by
>the way).  Then, when the user clicks a radio button, certain other tab
>pages are enabled.  When they are enable, though, they get moved before the
>tab page I moved to the first position.  HELP!  I cannot figure out how to
>gracefully cause any tab page other than the first to be selected and that
>is unacceptable to the end user.
>
>TIA,
>
>Tim

0
Bret

Tab Controls/tab pages/controls within tab pages
I give up! I have a tab control user object - inherited from u_tab - and some tab pages. Initially only one page is enabled which has a datawindow. When a valid data is entered in the DW, I need to enable rest of the tabs - Now - it is giving me a NULL object reference error during execution for the following statement in an event of the DW - tabcontrol.tabpage.enabled=TRUE getparent( ) also giving errors - HELP! How can I do this? Thanks! Ragni rpanjala@nsf.gov Ragni -- If you have CreateOnDemand set for the tab, then the tab pages are not valid until the user accesses them. ...

Tab Control
I have searched the forum and I cant seem to find the answer to my question, although I have tried some of the hints I have found with no luck....Can someone show me a working sample (with source code) of a page with a TabContainer and several tabs, with each tab having a user control, but the controls are not added/initialized/shown until the appropriate tab is shown/clicked?Something like this forum's "Write a New Post" page, where the tabs load after I click on them, and an animated picture displays to show that its loading.The solution needs to add user controls to the page...

Selecting a tabbed page / Default Tabbed page
I couldn't find anything in the documentation about 1) Selecting a tabbed page via Visual Basic -- for example: "Panel1.focus "2) Creating a default tabbed page. Will this involve any Java script? I have the following set of tabs within a page.  Some pages will have this set of 3 tabs.  Others will not.Sometimes a certain tab should be selected based on the selection from another control.Sometimes a certain tab should already be selected - for example, when the website starts, the 3rd tab should already be selected.    <div>...

Keep selected tab after page refresh for Tookit Tab control
 How would you keep the currently selected tab from changing on page reload.  Right now, I have nested tabs and when I refresh, it goes back to the first tab every time and does not maintain state (selected tab).I hope there is a much more practical/easier way to maintain state for the tabs both client-side or server-side than this:http://www.codeproject.com/KB/ajax/maintaining-active-tab.aspx When is Microsoft going to get rid of VB.NET!  I'm starting to think the Tab control is a complete pain in the ass.  Can anyone answer this question easily?  I can't ...

TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS.
Name: Danny Email: danheidiatrogersdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: TABS, TABS, AND MORE TABS. Comments: Hi Why is it that EVERYTIME I get a new upgrade whether on Firefox or Thunderbird, I get TABS? I now have an upgrade on Thunderbird and guess what, I have an 'Inbox' TAB that i don't know how to get rid of. Any ideas? Another issue is. Why doesn't Firefox display something telling me it is working/looking for the site I want. I click on a site and stare at Firefox and don't know if it is doing anything. The previous versions were mu...

Tab control Tab problem
I have created a tab control with four tabpages each with a dw and dwo. I have a dddw for one of the columns which has a keydown event that when the tab key is pressed the focus is coded to setcolumn/setfocus to the next column on the dwo. The focus ends up on the tabpage where the dwo is located instead of the column programmed for. Any clues? TIA Frank ...

Tab Controls
Hello - I'm using PB 6.5. I can't get the selectedtab property to work in any event. I want a different tabselected to show based on what menu item is selected. I have put tab1.selectedtab=X in several events and none of them will cause ANY tab to be selected and have focus. Not until one of the tabs is clicked, does this work. There seems to be something going on in the opensheet command. Anyone have any ideas? THANKS ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Have you tried SelectTab()? Let us know, Terry...

Deleting pages of tab control inside tab control
It's about Power Builder 5.0. I have one tab control and inside this other tab control with few pages. How can i delete these pages and how to get a popup menu for these tabpages ( right click shows only menu of older tab control ). I know how to perform it from older tab control and tab page but i am unable to do it when i am positioned on child tab pages. Answer me here or at marina@servomihalj.co.yu ...

Tab Control: How to show new page in same tab when hyperlink clicked on the same tab
I have a hyperlink in my TabPanel's user control (.ascx).  When clicked it tries to go to an entirely new page outside the tab control (which of course causes an error because a browser cannot load just an .ascx alone) instead of just refreshing and showing the new page in the same tab.  So when I click the hyperlink I get this error:This type of page is not served.BODY { FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 0.7em; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } P { MARGIN-TOP: -5px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: "Verdana" } B { MARGIN-TOP: -5p...

Tab or Page control with static tabs
Does anyone know of a tab or page control where some of the leftmost tabs can be set as static so that they don't scroll? Roy Lambert ...

Tab Order on Tab Page...problems!!!
I have a tab page and on it various sle's and check boxes etc... I have set the tab order but when running the application it fails to understand these, i.e. it does not tab when the tab button is pressed!!!!! Is this a bug in PB6.5???????? Thanks Ken, Does the tab page have tab order? In my PB6.5, I can only set the tab order on the tabpage. The tab order red boxes don't even appear for controls located on the tabpage. If you're seeing tab order boxes for these objects, that may not actually be on the tabpage. In any case, as long as I have a tab order ...

Disable tab pages if one tabs progress bar is loaded / flush events of tab control
Hello, I have a tabcontrol which contains tabpages. Each tab page take a while to load data for which i show a progress bar. [b] My issue here is while the progressbar is loaded user can click other tab and after completion of progress the control goes back to new tab selected. So i want to disable tabs till the progress bar is completed. I am using C# .net as code of my language. I tried with options: => tabenabled = false - but it doesnot worked!! Looking for a early positive reply.  ashish...

To add extra tab's to the master page and to add selective tabs to a page.
Hi,    I tried adding one more tab to the already existing 4 tabs in the template. But as soon as i modify the web.sitemap file, and refresh the datasource, i get a single tab "PARENT NODE" .. how to I add another tab without losing the existing ones?Also what is the procedure to add selective extra tab's to a few pages hiding those that are present in the master page..Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks a million in advance.Neo. You have to add them to the 'web.sitemap'......

Dynamically creation of tab pages in tab control
Hi, iam using PB 8.0 . please let me know how to create tab pages dynamically in tab control and how to set the properties like Name, tab page text,.. to dynamically created tabpage. Thanks in advance On Jul 9, 8:18=A0pm, shk <krishnahar...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > iam using PB 8.0 . > please let me know how to create tab pages dynamically =A0in tab control > and how to set the properties like Name, =A0tab page text,.. to > dynamically created tabpage. > > Thanks in advance You need the opentab function which allows you to create any pre...

Web resources about - Tab control/selected tab page problem - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Portal:Law/Nominate/Selected article - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Add the article in to a subpage of this portal, such as Portal:Law/Selected article/# , replacing the "#" with the number above the current highest. ...

F8: Facebook’s FbStart Initiative Will Give Selected Developers A $30K Kick-Start
... successful applications is likely a whole lot easier with $30,000 in free tools and services to start off with, and that’s exactly what selected ...

LEGO Shop - The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner... - Facebook
The LEGO Technic team has selected the winner of the Co-Creation Challenge! LEGO will be producing a limited run of 20,000 of this stunning set.... ...

baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get baby365- Grand Doctor Ma Selected Students on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Selected Cheney Vice Presidential Photographs
... for photos found within these albums are Paul Morse, Karen Ballard, Kimberlee Hewitt, Shealah Craighead, and Chris Greenberg. These selected ...

[iOS Advice] How To Clarify Your Email Replies By Quoting Selected Text - YouTube
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/macmixing RATE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :-) ...

Local farmers to sell their fresh dates at selected supermarkets
Fresh dates will be on sale this summer under the label of Local Harvest at selected supermarkets and Spinney's.

Animal of the Day: Lucius Has Been Selected as the U.K.’s ‘Happiest Cat’
He’s got one blue eye, one green eye and a heart of gold. British mobile phone company O2 recently held some “cat auditions” to find “the UK’s ...

Michael Sam becomes first openly gay player selected in an NFL Draft
Defensive end Michael Sam of the University of Missouri became the first openly gay player to be selected in a National Football League Draft ...

Artist facing child pornography charges selected for MCA exhibition
An artist facing child pornography charges has been selected to show work in a prestigious exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia. ...