SQLAnywhere connection

In the open event of my application, I read the parameters for SQLCA
from an ini file.  The parameters are .DBMS, .Database, .UserID, .DBPass
and .DBParm.  I am currently testing the connection to a SQLAnywhere
database in my local drive.  If I supply the correct parameters, the
application runs ok.  I created a trap which displays the error message
when the contents of the ini file are invalid.  When I change the the
userid to an invalid one, a login window (Connect to SQLAnywhere)
automatically appears.  I have to either press ok or cancel before the
messagebox I created pops out.  How do I suppress the display of the
login window?

Thanks in advance
0
howl

You need to look at the topics "ConnectOption DBParm parameter" and "DBParm
parameters listed by Powersoft database interface" in the online help.
Basically what you need is this

sqlca.dbparm="CONNECTSTRING='DSN=xxx;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx';CONNECTOPTION='SQL_DRI
VER_CONNECT, SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT'"

I've seen the syntax ( semi-colons, single quotes, commas) listed a couple
different ways so you may have to play with it to get it to work.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com

howl <howlim@pacific.net.ph> wrote in article
<36142C82.3912@pacific.net.ph>...
> In the open event of my application, I read the parameters for SQLCA
> from an ini file.  The parameters are .DBMS, .Database, .UserID, .DBPass
> and .DBParm.  I am currently testing the connection to a SQLAnywhere
> database in my local drive.  If I supply the correct parameters, the
> application runs ok.  I created a trap which displays the error message
> when the contents of the ini file are invalid.  When I change the the
> userid to an invalid one, a login window (Connect to SQLAnywhere)
> automatically appears.  I have to either press ok or cancel before the
> messagebox I created pops out.  How do I suppress the display of the
> login window?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Jim

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Memory leak on CONNECT/DISCONNECT with PowerBuilder and SQLAnywhere 5
I have an application that I recently moved to PowerBuilder 5.0.3 running against Sybase SQL Anywhere v5 running under Windows NT 4.0. I have recently discovered that each time I do a CONNECT/DISCONNECT I get a 60 to 70K memory leak (based on NT task manager). There is no evidence of a leak when I test the CONNECT/DISCONNECT against a Sybase 4.9 or Microsoft Access database. The leak is apparent whether the database is run client/server style, standalone or if it is shutdown between queries. As the whole application has been coded using matched CONNECT/SetTransObject/DISCONNECT cod...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

not connected when I am connected

Connect to SQLanywhere
In application when it starts, she prompt for user_id and password, and then pass them to sqlca.dbparm. If user type a wrong uid/pwd then Sqlanywhere driver popup a window "Connect to SQL Anywhere", to be enter a correct connection parameters. So, when a user type in this window a correct uid/pwd then the value returned in sqlca.sqlcode=-1, sqlca.sqldbcode=999, sqlca.sqlerrtext="An error occurred, yet no message was returned by the database driver.", but seeing SqlServer's connection screen, the user is connected. My question is how to disable this window or ...

sqlanywhere and powerbuilder
hello!! when i try to connect to database sqlanywhere using ODBC, i get an error message: "Catalog tables could not be create and are not available for use" i put all rights to user dba. what i do? i wanna see all tables all data thanks... -- Cornelio Royer Gerente General WIN SOFT CORP., S.A. telefono: 317-0134 celular: 674-1218 When you connect for the first time, you need to connect with user id of SYS or SYSTEM, well I don't remember exactly which one. Anyway, it's a db default id that allows the PB catalog tables to be created and th...

Powerbuilder connection
Guys need some help with this. We have a powerbuilder app which runs against 8.1.7 database on win. nt 4.0. Power builder is 7.0.3 version. Every other day I see either hungup apllication or ora-03113 end of file on communication channel oracle message. Any help from any body. There are lots of things that can cause ORA-03113 errors, many not having to do with PB at all. It's difficult to tell what the problem might be without more information though. For example, Oracle technote 1003596.6 indicates that: What does ORA-03113 "end-of-file on communication channel&quo...

Connecting to SQLAnywhere
I am using PowerBuilder 5.0 and when I try to connect to the database that has already been created it gives me an error: SQLSTATE=08004 [Sybase][ODBE Driver] Watcom SQL rejected connection:database's page size too big Does anyone know how to get rid of this error. Brenda Sounds like you already have a database engine started with a connection to a database. Then you are trying to switch to a different database that has a page size that is larger than the one the engine was started with. You'll need to either get both databases with the same page size or start th...

Connecting to SQLAnyWhere
My application attempts to dynamically connect to the database name passed to it. On the first try, it fails with a message that the database could not be started (08001), but it DOES start the database, so the second attempt to connect is successful. I've written the connection function to compensate (attached) but it's kludgy to do it this way. Can anyone suggest where I went wrong in the registry entries? Thanks in advance. begin 666 f_connect.txt M+R\B0V]N;F5C='-T<FEN9STG1%-./7-H;W=M92<L0V]N;F5C=$]P=&EO;CTG M4U%,7T12259%4E]#3TY.14-4+%-13%]$4D...

Connections in powerbuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes It depends on the database. Some (e.g., Oracle) don't have a problem with that. Others (e.g., SQL Server) don't allow a select on a connection that already has a result set pending. In the latter case, you have to create a second connection for the second cursor. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:52:32 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes...

Connections in PowerBuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes I answered this in another section. Please don't cross-post. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:51:47 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes@sem@con.se> wrote: >Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time >against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or >more) connections? >...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Web resources about - SQLAnywhere connection - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere