Sort in DW

Hi Everybody,

I built a DW who contents a column with a code of product.
But i display a Designation of product via a Drop
Datawindow.
How can i sort the result on the designation of the product.
Not on the code. I do this to avoid a jointure.

Thanks for your help.

Allo.
0
Allo

Check out LookupDisplay() in the help

Mike

<Allo> wrote in message news:410fd453.29e0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I built a DW who contents a column with a code of product.
> But i display a Designation of product via a Drop
> Datawindow.
> How can i sort the result on the designation of the product.
> Not on the code. I do this to avoid a jointure.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Allo.

0
Michael

dw sort and sort
PB 10.2 When you create a datawindow you can choose "rows", "sort". In the SQL there is also a tab page "sort". Probably the tab-page sort in SQL is only when retrieving the data. The tabpage sort is used you call the dw_sort() function. Is this correct? Is the "rows", "sort" called automatically after the data is retrieved? Thanks Eric On 18 Aug 2006 03:24:30 -0700, ontsnapt <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: >PB 10.2 > >When you create a datawindow you can choose "rows", "sort". In the ...

Sorted DW vs. Sorted records
I've been handed a project from another programmer, and the first thing they've asked me to do is to fix some functionality concerning a "detail" DW (I say "detail" because the original programmer didn't build it that way, even though that's what it is - he's not what you would call a "top shelf" programmer [I don't even think he knows a shelf exists, much less sees it...]) Anyway, the issue they've given me is that when they add records to the detail section, they can be out of order, since the user has to highlight a row to ...

Difference between dw sort & group sort.
Dear all, Does anyone know the differences between the datawindow sorting & the group sorting inside it?? Best Regards, Andy Cheung They conflict with eachother. You can actually setup a DW sort which is different than your groupings and your groups will come out all messed up. Basically, the grouping still works but the it groups based on how the records are sorted so you could have the same group multiple times at different places in the list. Its best to set your DW sort to be the same as your grouping order. Regards, John Olson Team Sybase Andy Cheung wro...

How do you get a dw's sort string before changing the sort ?
Hi, This seems to be something very basic, but for the life of me I can't find any documentation on this..... I would like to capture the sort string of my datawindow before I change it. How can I capture the sort?? Thanks in advance. Andy dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Table.Sort OR dw_1.Describe("DataWindow.Table.Sort") Andrew Joos wrote: > Hi, > > This seems to be something very basic, but for the life of me I can't find > any documentation on this..... > > I would like to capture the sort string of my datawindow bef...

DW Sort Order differs from SQL Server Sort Order
We have a table with a column sku_cd defined as char(20) not null. Three of the sku_cd values are: 50-SN16LG-AL 50-SN16LG-ALNL 50-SN16LG2 Three rows are returned by the following query (you can add an ORDER BY sku_cd): select * from sku where sku_cd between '50-SN16LG-AL' and '50-SN16LG2' No rows are returned by the following query: select * from sku where sku_cd between '50-SN16LG2' and '50-SN16LG-AL' So, this establishes the SQL Server sort/collation order, wherein the '-' precedes the '2'. (We are using Code Page 1252). ...

dw sorting
Hi , I want to sort the dw( with a charecter column in it) with numeric sorting(considering the numeric part of the values in the charecter column)...I have address in the charecter column like 1a,1b,20 etc., Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Han it might be a bit clunky but you could create a computed field which uses a complex if statement using isnumber datawindow function and basically create computed fields which represents the number portion and the letter portion(this wouldn't be too difficult, considering the field length is probably only 10 or...

What generals generally do

how about bubble sort in PowerBuilder?
Hi to all PB programmers. say I have these arrays of string needed to sort in ascending order, what must be the correct algorithm for this? thanks. given arrays are the ff: s_sample[1] = 1215 s_sample[2] = 1201 s_sample[3] = 1211 s_sample[4] = 1213 s_sample[5] = 1206 these must be the output: s_sample[2] = 1201 s_sample[5] = 1206 s_sample[3] = 1211 s_sample[4] = 1213 s_sample[1] = 1215 any form of reply will be appreciated. thanks. > say I have these arrays of string needed to sort in > ascending order, what must be the correct algorithm for > this? tha...

sort in graph dw
hello all! I encountered a sort problem with graph dw.Now i have a table like this: id count name 2 20 E 3 31 S 1 19 Y (the sequence above is what i saw when i using select * from table). I built a dw with the sql "select * from table sort by id".category axis based on name and value axis on count. Now is the problem: i can't get the correcy sequence of values on the category axis. it should be Y,E,S. but i always got E,S,Y or Y,S,E. I have tried to set the sort property of category axis and tried to inc...

DW Paging and Sorting
Visual Web Developer Express/DW.NET 2.0 Eval I really like the paging in DW.NET, especially using the CallBack paging method. It makes paging a piece of cake. However, I want my users to be able to sort by clicking on the column header but I'm getting unpredictable results. In JavaScript, I evaluate the object clicked and if it ends in a "_t", I do a postback. The code removes the "_t" and set and sorts the DW on the column specified. Everything looks fine at first but when you page, it appears the original DW sort is remembered and rows begin appe...

Sorting By Month in a DW
I'm having a problem with sorting a Crosstabular DW down the left side by month. I pull in the month fine, and I string() it to make it display the name of the month. But when I sort it, it sorts it alphabetically. I can take the string() out and make it sort it correctly, but that's not what I want. I've tried sorting it on both the client and the server side, but to no avail... Is there a way to do this, or am I out of luck? :-) Thanks, Jamie Simms What I do is drag down the date (not formated) and drag down the date again formated. It will sort by the fir...

Sorting a crosstab DW
Hi all. I have a crosstab DW with an SQL statement that is ordered by EmpName. I also specified a sort expression in the DW using the same column, which is the leftmost DW column. When I run the DW the data is not ordered by that column. Rows are shown in groups that are ordered by EmpName, each group corresponding to each one of the other columns of the DW. Is this normal? Is there a way to force the sort order I want. I have tried SetSort() and Sort() with no effect. TIA -- Diego Marrero Vega Tecnolog�as www.vegati.com 922-825052 667-515-517 ...

HTML DW and Sort
Hi All, I've a multi page HTML DW report. I've put two buttons for Next Page and Previous Page. I made the column headers as links to Sort the DW. Everything works fine except in one case. First I sort the DW, the page gets reloaded with new sort order. Now I click the Next Page button, the page gets reloaded with the Next Page but the sort is NOT applied. Is this the way it's supposed to work?? Is there any workaround? TIA Mahesh Yes that is the way the HTMLGenerator component works. You can make it a stateful component, but then it hangs around in memory. -...

Sorting at groups of DW
Hello, PB 7, Desktop edition, Build 8011, Windows environment. I encounter the following behaviour. In a dw, I have 4 groups. The rows are sort at data source, and datawindow (general) according to grouping fields. I sort the rows at each group according to grouping fields as well. At the group sort, if I check ASCENDING, it sorts descending. If I uncheck ASCENDING, it sorts ascending. It is just the opposite of check mark! But this behaviour is not shown at all datawindows, either. What might be wrong? Thanks in advance, -Mehmet Bayraktar ...

Web resources about - Sort in DW - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Sort (typesetting) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Diagram of a cast metal sort . a face, b body or shank, c point size, 1 shoulder, 2 nick, 3 groove, 4 foot. In typesetting by hand compositing, ...

Calendo Sorts Through Facebook Events, Recommends The Best
... poetry readings, and the random “I have a new phone and need your numbers” request. Calendo , an iPhone app that launched Wednesday, sorts through ...

Facebook allows page admins to sort comments chronologically or by activity
... given page managers the chance to choose if they want to see comments to their posts in the order they were posted, or by a Reddit-style sorting ...

People are trying to sort out the "old days" of the web vs today. Here's my two cents.
And some people like to cook for themselves. And sometimes people who cook for themselves like to eat out, and vice versa. So I use Flickr ...

Sort It! Animals for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch ...
Get Sort It! Animals on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Luna, fetching (sort of, not really) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore queuemark's photos on Flickr. queuemark has uploaded 53 photos to Flickr.

How to sort Facebook's News Feed chronologically on mobile - YouTube
Facebook can be great for getting updates on your friends, but sometimes the same posts just don't want to move from the top of your feed. In ...

Val Kilmer sort of signs up for Top Gun 2
He was over-excited - that's what actor Val Kilmer&#160;is telling us after a&#160;hasty Facebook post concerning&#160;his possible&#160;role ...

Cluttered social life? Sort acquaintances from troll-fighting true friends
Decluttering of excessive items is empowering, I'm told. Applying a triage system to one's own friends, though: That's quite the challenge.

StatsCans job numbers a puzzle to sort out
Alberta's jobs numbers this year don't seem to add up. One of Statistics Canada’s main job surveys suggests virtually no net job losses, but ...