Socket programming in powerbuilder

Hi

is there a way to open a socket in powerbuilder and send and recieve
messages via sockets .

thanx

0
wissam

http://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/67/1139/winsock32.pbl

> is there a way to open a socket in powerbuilder and send
> and recieve messages via sockets .
>
> thanx

0
Philip
4/19/2004 4:27:11 PM
And this:

http://powerbuilder.codexchange.sybase.com/files/documents/67/755/socketwrenchpbl.zip
0
Philip

Need sample code to do socket programming in powerbuilder
Hi, (1) I need to make a powerbuilder app. to act as a server which can listen to client messages on a known port number and (2) than once the message comes in , it needs to send back the acknowledgement to the same client. I have tried using socketwrench activex control, but without the sample PB Code , I'm lost. I'm very new to Socket programming , so any help is appreciated. Note: There is a time pressure on this project, so quicker responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chirag Vora ...

Announcing the PowerBuilder 10 Public Beta Program!Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team!
Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team! PowerBuilder is getting ready for the 10.0 release and would like to invite you to join the Beta Team! The exciting new developments you will have early access to as a member of the Beta Team include: Unicode support DataWindow.NET Object Oriented Modeling with PowerDesigner plug-in UDDI search ADO.NET support NETXML Web Datawindow Your participation in the beta test cycle is an opportunity to provide valuable feedback to engineering regarding the quality and capabilities of this release. As a member of the team, you will learn from the e...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

PowerBuilder and sockets
I am having trouble to establish a connection from a PowerBuilder Application to a Unix-demon-process via Berkley Sockets.. Using an Unix-Client everything works fine, but trying to do the same coding in a Power-Script the client can't reach the demon-process. To use the socket-related functions (like socket(), connect(), etc.) i declared them as local external functions. This is my Code: <External Function Declarations>: Function uint socket(int af, int typ, int protocol) Library "wsock32.dll" Function int connect(uint sfd, REF s_sockaddr_in sockaddr, int ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder Socket.
hi! is there a way to create a program in Powerbuilder 7.0 that utilizes sockets. In that way I could create a simple Instant Messaging programming using client and server sockets... would that be possible? If there is, could you guys show me some code or may point me to a site that offers informations regarding to my query... thank you jun Joe, asked the same question yesterday. Take a look at the answers on his post HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be "Jun" <jmartinph@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Xns931894889929jmartinphyahoocom@199.93.177.7...

Can PowerBuilder 5.0 make a socket call to a remote program
Is it possible to add some coding in a Powerbuilder 5.0 program in order to make a socket call to a remote java program ? How to code it ? Thanks in advance. Martin; Have a look at the "SocketWrench" software: http://www.catalyst.com/products/socketwrench/index.html There is also an example of a PB application using that feature on Sybase's CodeXchange web site. However, I am surprised that you are on such an old version of PB! -- Regards ... Chris Pollach Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com ISUG: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com/isug_membersh...

powerbuilder program in citrix environment
We have a program written in powerbuilder deployed using citrix. Users connect to our program through citrix log on. The program runs in citrix server and user sees the seamless screen. From this program we need to execute a client program such as excel, acrobat reader or Internet explorer . 1) Used run command in powerbuilder but excel or iexplore runs in server side and screen transmit to user. 2) Tried using ole and show the files but same thing. can anyone help with this? Thank you in advance If not "seamless" does it work? (ie - log into a Citrix deskto...

Powerbuilder Socket Library
Can anyone point me towards a reliable powerbuilder library for direct socket programming? Thanks Hi ! There is an FTP example in PB6.5 Luck ! "MissionSoft Inc." wrote: > Can anyone point me towards a reliable powerbuilder library for direct socket programming? Thanks -- Sincerelly, Vladimir M. Bogak, ------------------ ICQ : 26391985 Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lab/5889/ Phones : +380-62-334-1489, 335-0476 (work), +380-62-335-1305 (home) Try PowerTCP from DART Communications - Excellent collection of Actice-X controls that work...

PowerBuilder
Hi, Please change the name of PowerBuilder to something that is more publicly enticing. For instance, NetBuilder Pro, NetBuilder Deluxe, NetBuilder Gold, or something of the sort. Thanks, Ryan Hi Ryan, How about writing to "s.p.powerbuilder.futures_discussions" forum ? By the way, i think that they are about to call it "4GL plus". <Ryan Putnam> a �crit dans le message de news:4012a716.368.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi, > > Please change the name of PowerBuilder to something that is > more publicly enticing. For instance, NetBuilder P...

WinSock Programming in Powerbuilder
Hi, I have a application server developed in PowerBuilder 5.0 on Windows NT, we have around 400 clients. Clients sends/recieve message to server using Mailslot (UDP) protcol for further processing to other system. It is a two way message communication between client and server. Since message through mail slot communication layer is not supported in higher version (windows 2000). We want to change communication layer to winsock - TCP. We are trying to do this, using third party OCX control using OLE. Can any one help to find reliable third party tool which can be impemented in PB 5....

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...