Running PB 6.0 and PB 5.0 on Same Machine

I would like to start reviewing PB 6.0.  Will there be problems if I load
on the machine I used for PB 5.0 development? Any tricks or warnings I
should know about?

0
HccKenSch

>I would like to start reviewing PB 6.0.  Will there be problems if I load
>on the machine I used for PB 5.0 development? Any tricks or warnings I
>should know about?

I haven't seen any problems.  The files are all named differently, so
there should be no problem.

Larry Cermak [Team Powersoft] | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.database
Branick Consulting,Inc.       | Moderator forums.powersoft.com.powerscript
lcermak@branick-inc.com       | www.branick-inc.com (PowerBuilder tips & techniques)
0
lcermak
1/16/1998 7:16:52 AM
It works for me.  I have both on my machine and support Production Systems on
both releases.  As soon as time allows I will migrate my remaining PB5 Systems
to PB6, but other priorities dominate at this time.

HccKenSch wrote in message <01bd222d$3d350700$6cc9ae98@z>...
>I would like to start reviewing PB 6.0.  Will there be problems if I load
>on the machine I used for PB 5.0 development? Any tricks or warnings I
>should know about?

0
Craig

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Running PB 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on same PC
I am attempting to run PowerBuilder 3, 4, 5 (both 16 and 32 bit), and 6 on the same PC. I know that sounds crazy but all of those releases are still in use at my company. The only problem I am having is I can't get 6.0 to use its own pb.ini file. I am running NT 4.0 and have made the following entries in my WIN.INI in the [Powerbuilder] section: INITPATH=c:\...... statement for PB3, INITPATH040 for PB4, INITPATH050 for PB5, and INITPATH060 for PB6. This method works for PB3, 4, and 5 but not 6. PB6 seems to be using the INITPATH statement but ignores the INITPATH060 statement. M...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Bugfixes for PB 6.0? Back from 6.0 to 5.0?
Hi there, since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? Is there a way to migrate back from PB 6.0 to PB 5.0.0x? Regards, * gerald * You sound pretty upset - if you don't mind me asking what are these troubles you are having? Gerald Znidaric wrote in message <34C86F5A.778A0197@mgm-edv.de>... >Hi there, > >since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there >are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? ...

where is the fix for PB 5.0.3 or where is PB 6.0
I'm startingt to see messages about PB 6.0. I'm still waiting to a fix to PB 5.0.3 ( match(column) and column is null you get a GPF) I'm stuck on 4.0.6 because of this problem. is there a fix for 5.0.3 ( it's not on the http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/files/ ) TIA Tim - OMG There may be workaround for your problem with the Match function. Are you using the PowerScript or datawindow version of the function? If you are using the datawindow version, have you tried performing the Match on a computed database column, that converts null...

PB 6.5 and PB 7.0 on same machine
Can PowerBuilder 6.5 and PowerBuilder 7.0 be installed on the same machine without any conflicts ? Yes. They have different directories, and different DLL names. I'm running both without problem. Regards, Dave Fish [Team Sybase] On Fri, 21 May 1999 10:30:45 -0400, "Joseph Ippolito" <jippolito@killam.com> wrote: >Can PowerBuilder 6.5 and PowerBuilder 7.0 be installed on the same machine >without any conflicts ? > > In article <zZT7oV5o#GA.302@forums.sybase.com>, jippolito@killam.com says... > Can PowerBuilder 6.5 and PowerBui...

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

why pb 6.0 without ftp/winsock that in pb 5.0
You can still use the code example that shipped with 5.0 -- it should migrate just fine to 6.0. If you want another approach (PFC-based), check out http://rkiesler.home.mindspring.com/win32api/wininet.htm. Last but not least, http://www.coolstf.com has a free OCX control called EZFtp you can use. They also have a demo PBL that goes with it, contributed by Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] at http://www.coolstf.com/ax/ezftp_demo.zip. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "he rongyu" <herongyu@371.net> wrote in message...

Running PB 4.0.06 and PB 5.0.03
We are running Sql Server 6.5. I have been doing maintenance on older apps using PB 4.0.06 and (finally) have a chance to do some new development. PB 4 and PB 5 were running smoothly on the same machine. We were using Named Pipes as our dll. Last week , after I re-installed MS SQL Enterprise Manager and changing to TCP/IP, PB 5 is running smoothly and can connect to both our old and new databases. PB 4 cannot see anything and is giving the following error message - "Db-library network communication layer not loaded." Duh ??? All the dll's are in my search p...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Web resources about - Running PB 6.0 and PB 5.0 on Same Machine - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Jarryd Hayne in frame after injury to San Francisco 49ers running back Shaun Draughn
&#8203;The San Francisco 49ers' running back injury curse has struck again and it could elevate Jarryd Hayne back into the beleaguered NFL team's ...

Coping with losing a child – running from grief to health
When&nbsp;Melbourne mum Sally&nbsp;Heppleston&nbsp;heard about &quot;Heartbreak Hill&quot;&nbsp;&ndash; a two-kilometre steep ascent on Sydney's ...

Meet the 17-Year-Old Running a Profitable Agency out of His Prep-School Dorm Room
Marketing exec Max Baron has a jam-packed day. Today, he's reaching out to five clients, facilitating a mailing giveaway, planning his firm's ...

HILLARY AND THE U.N.: Your 2016 Democrat Running Mates
By Anne Bayefsky Islamic activists say 9/11 and San Bernardino were terrible — because of their effects on Muslims. O ver at the United Nations, ...

Running back LeSean McCoy the lone Pro Bowl selection for Bills
LeSean McCoy's first season with the Buffalo Bills will end with a trip to the Pro Bowl. Maybe. The running back was the lone member of the team ...

This guy turned his running routine into awesome 'Star Wars' drawings
Portland's Gene Lu has been using the Nike+ app to turn his running routine into an outlet for his love for "Star Wars." The app lets you trace ...

Poll: Trump running away from GOP field
GOP candidate Donald Trump appears to end 2015 as the dominant force in the race for 2016's Republican nomination for president, a new CNN/ORC ...

Williams-Sonoma Wasn’t Really Running A ‘Buy One Knife, Get 99 Free’ Sale
Some of our readers experience a modern moral dilemma: they order an item online, and multiple duplicates of that item appear on their doorstep. ...

How tough has abundance of hurt running backs been for 49ers?
... Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch How tough has abundance of hurt running ...