Rich Text edit control - Sharing Data with Datawindow

Hi,

When sharing data between a Datawindow and a Rich Text Edit Control, data is
shared between columns (datawindow) and insertfields (Richtext) having same
names.  But this is not the case for computed fields in the datawindow.

Has this been solved for further versions than 5.0?

Thanks

Gerhard Schmitz

0
Gerhard

You'll never be able to get computed *fields* to sharedata, they don't exist
in the result set (which is actually what is being shared).  In order to get
computed values to share, you would need to make them computed *columns*.

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:00:07 +0200,
Gerhard Schmitz <jsag@euregio.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>When sharing data between a Datawindow and a Rich Text Edit Control, data is
>shared between columns (datawindow) and insertfields (Richtext) having same
>names.  But this is not the case for computed fields in the datawindow.
>
>Has this been solved for further versions than 5.0?
>
>Thanks
>
>Gerhard Schmitz

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

adding signature text
Is there a way to add signature text to some emails rather than to always have it appear? Thank you, Jo-Anne On 12/29/2014 12:10 PM, Jo-Anne wrote: &gt; Is there a way to add signature text to some emails rather than to &gt; always have it appear? &gt; &gt; Thank you, &gt; &gt; Jo-Anne While there may be other solutions, mine was to download the Extension Clippings https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/clippings/?src=search This give you the ability to place text in any email that you are writing. It is accessed by a right click, select Clipping, and y...

Creating a custom label control for repeat text
Hello, I am trying to write a custom label control that will allow me to display the same, configurable, text MULTIPLE times on the same page. I am tired of doing things like this on pages: &quot;Welcome to the site. , how would you like to check out what we have? It&#39;s now possible .&quot; and then doing this in the codefile: lblname_1 = &#39;Josh&#39; lblname_2 = &#39;Josh&#39; lblname_3 = &#39;Josh&#39; etc etc. I would prefer to be able to do something like this: &quot;Welcome to the site. , how would you like to check out what we have? It&#39;s now possi...

Dynamic databinding in FormView edit mode
I have a FormView whose Datasource I set in the PageLoad handler.&nbsp; This works fine.In the EditItemTemplate I have several dropdownlists, which I want to populate from a different datasource using a batch query instead of making several trips to the database, which is what would happen if I used a datasource control for each dropdownlist.In the aspx, one of the DropDownList controls is:&lt;asp:DropDownList ID=&quot;ddlAttending&quot; runat=&quot;server&quot; /&gt;When the user clicks the Edit button, I need to get a reference to ddlAttending, get the data from a datareader and bind to th...

Conversion of a Phyisical Data Model from Powerdesigner 9 to 6
Dear all, I am using PowerDesigner 9 and I am trying to plot a data model with a printing service. Unfortunately, they only have version 6 on their computers and they may not read the .pdm-File. Is there a way to &quot;downgrade&quot;/convert my file to a Version 6 File? Thank you and best regards Danny Danny, I&#39;m pretty sure there is no way to convert the model back to version 6, but more regular newsgroup members can correct me if I&#39;m wrong about that. But just find some graphics software common to both you and the printing service and you should be in good ...

Getting a custom control to show up in the Toolbox
I'm building a custom control (composite) and would like to test it.&nbsp; So I've added a dummy web project to my overall solution.&nbsp; When I attempt to add my DLL to the ToolBox in VS 2005, VS 2005 cannot find any controls in my DLL.&nbsp; I'm guessing this is because I have the control object itself in a folder (and namespace) of the DLL.&nbsp; My structure looks like this:Company.Project.dll&nbsp; - Data (Company.Project.Data namespace)&nbsp; - Common (Company.Project.Common namespace)&nbsp; - Controls (Company.Project.Controls namespace)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Designer (Company.Project....

how to use textbox1.text value for textbox2&#39;s required validator in html
Hello,There a form having two text box, having a required field validator on second textbox, If it's empty i want to display message like, "&lt;field1Name&gt; can't be blank". Where &lt;field1Name&gt; is the value of first textbox on the form (i.e.fldszField1Value.Text)How can i do that in &lt;html&gt; &lt;/html&gt; section of .aspx file using &lt;% %&gt; ? is it possible to do so ? or will i have to put my code in .aspx.vb file ?&nbsp;This is a pseudo code of a situation, i do have. &lt;tr&gt; &lt;td&gt; &lt;asp:TextBox ID="fldszField...

editing appointment
I have a user that has posted appointments for every Monday, he schedules the time etc. Then later he will go back under the appointment and add the body of the appointment.......once complete he tries to post it but gets debug error. We have re-installed GW, even swapped out his pc thinking it was something there but still same problem. Any advice? -- michealmyers 6.5.7? &quot;michealmyers&quot; &lt;michealmyers.2qxzaz@no-mx.nds_engineer.com&gt; wrote in message news:michealmyers.2qxzaz@no-mx.nds_engineer.com... &gt; &gt; I have a user that has posted appointments fo...

Datawindows does not UPLOAD Capabilities
Someone tell me what=b4s my problem? Datawindows does not UPLOAD Capabilities Thanks! Could you provide a bit more information? You say upload so I presume you are working with a web app using the web datawindow and EAServer. What are you trying to upload and how would you like to see it done versus what you are currently working with? Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation &lt;Isaac&gt; wrote in message news:4333104a.6aba.1681692777@sybase.com... Someone tell me what�s my problem? Datawindows does not UPLOAD Capabilities Thanks! I&#39;m pretty sure the message re...

Change text size dynamically
Hi all,I see that on the dell website http://www.dell.com they have the option to change text size dynamically right on the webpage, do anyone know the code to do this?Thanks There are probably a few ways to do this, depending on your tolerance...if you don't mind a post back to the server, then....1) Create two CSS files, with the same class names in each file, just different attributes.2) On your ASPX page, create a Literal Control in the HTML Head3) In your code behind, depending on the logic you want (i.e., QueryString Info) you could populate the Literal Contol with info like:"&lt;lin...

Upgraded express to developer edition is not as easy as advertised; error when adding a database to website
In trying to upgrade my sql express install from express to developer edition, I ended up having to delete all things express from my computer and do a clean install of developer edition (as i installed developer edition initially over sql express but this didnt seem to work;&nbsp; express edition still appeared in add remove programs etc). &nbsp;Anyway so i blew away the install and have a clean install of developer edition.&nbsp; Now when I create a new website in Visual Studio 2005 and try to add a database to the project, it gives me an error stating that i need to have sql server expres...

multiple records in rich text
I need to have the records row by row in a rich text control. If I copy the rows from a rich text datawindow all the previous pasted rows change to the current row&#39;s content. I have to use the pasteRTF() function in order to copy all the formattings of the rich text datawindow. Help needed ! ! ! kreuzsaler.steinbruch@diabas.at ...

Deleted Text at End of Reply

Individual dbgrid column un-editable
Do you think anyway to make individual column(s) editable or un-editable in dbgrid? TColumn has a ReadOnly property &gt; TColumn has a ReadOnly property Does the table edit mode will override this ReadOnly property? If I set DM.tblEmployee.Edit; will this column also editable? &gt; Does the table edit mode will override this ReadOnly property? No. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX, ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data ...

RICH TEXT
Hi ! I�m working with Powerbuilder 5.03, and I have serious problems with Datawindows and Rich Text. 1 - I have various fields in my database wich can contain Rich Text. Entering data in rtf is not a problem. The problem occurs when I want to show that field into a datawindow, because it shows formats (characters,colour, ...). A solution I have, is having in the same painter, a RTE control, and taking the data of the datawindow, copiing into the RTE , marking all of them, and copiing them (without format) to a column, created in the select of the datawindow SELECT ...

Beating a dead horse: WEP edition
We all know that WEP is highly unsecure. The &quot;bad guys&quot; found a way to harvest the WEP key even faster... so they could spend more time with their beers. &quot;Our attack We were able to extend Klein&#39;s attack and optimize it for usage against WEP. Using our version, it is possible to recover a 104 bit WEP key with probability 50% using just 40,000 captured packets. For 60,000 available data packets, the success probability is about 80% and for 85,000 data packets about 95%. Using active techniques like deauth and ARP re- injection, 40,000 packets can be capture...

Web resources about Rich Text edit control - Sharing Data with Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 12:49:37 AM