Rich Text Edit Control Limit

Is there anyway to limit the number of characters in a Rich
Text Edit control?  I know there's a limit property on a
multi line edit, but there doesn't appear to be anything on
the rich text edit.  What I'm trying to do is have a
datawindow with multiple rows at the top of the screen and
when a rowfocuschanged occurs to populate the rich text edit
control with data from one of the fields.  From there they
can edit it and the editchanged user event copies it back to
the datawindow so that it can be updated.  Everything works
great except that the field is only 4000 characters and I
can't seem to limit the rich text edit to that.
0
Kenneth

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Hello, We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if ther...

Rich Text Edit Control
1. I am using RTF control in a window Can i get rtf data in the format like: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1251\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1049\b\f0\fs24 RichText control is installed!!!\par } from this control.... I know i can use UPDATEBLOB and SELECTBLOB but that would be blob data. i want to get data like above because i have to display the contents of richtextedit control on a webpage as well. 2. Can I put RichText Edit control on a datawindow? 1) You can store and retrieve up to 32k without needing to use SELECTBLOB and UPDATEBLOB. You c...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

Rich Text Edit Control
HI All: I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25 What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is expanded to the edges of the paper. When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to: L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20 I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1 etc.. )and printed with the same result. I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to...

Rich Text Edit Control
Who's successfully using a - easy to use, cheap or free - rich text editor control in a VWD project?  What's the name of it?What's the name of the rich text edit control I'm typing into right now for this forum post?Thanks.Frank Free Text Box or FCKEditor.  The fact it's a VWD project isn't relevant.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.     I use FreeTextBox as well (though not in Studio, not that it matters much).&nbs...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

Rich Text Edit Control #2
Hi, Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size through one of the controls functions? Markus http://www.teamsybase.net/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip On 19 Aug 2004 06:19:13 -0700, "Markus Zurbuchen Consulting \(mzc.ch\)" <mz@mzc.ch> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size >through one of the controls functions? > >Markus > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Vote fo...

MAPI and rich text edit control.
I can email the contents of a multiline edit control (mle_message) by doing the following: mMsg.notetext = mle_message.text But how can I substitute a rich text edit control (rte_message) instead? // the following doesn't make sense !! mMsg.notetext = rte_message.text So, how do I store the contents of a rich text edit control to mMsg.notetext? Also, I know I could solve this by emailing a file attachment but I don't want to do that. Thanks, Andy ...

Problem of rich text edit control
Is it possible to prevent a user set the margin of rte control to a negative value? ...

Rich text edit control formatting
Hi, I have inserted a document into a rich text edit control .The problem is that I am losing all the formatting ie. font size etc. when I am inserting it using insertdocument() function of rte. Could anyone tell me how I can have the formatting in it. Thanks, Namita Hey, What version of RTF is the document you're inserting? PowerBuilder supports version 1.2 of the RTF standard. Any unsupported formatting is ignored. Davy "namita goel" <namitag@affinitygs.com> wrote in message news:iKbZniehCHA.248@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I ha...

Web resources about - Rich Text Edit Control Limit - sybase.powerbuilder.general

The US needs gun control to protect children like my grandson, killed at Sandy Hook
Motives do not matter to the dead. They don't matter much to survivors, either.

The little box that controls half your home’s energy use
(credit: Nest Labs) A thermostat can be such a simple device—so dumb a device if we’re feeling 21 st Century snobby—that a strip of metal coiled ...

How to perform Jedi mind control tricks using neuroscience
... looking for..." With those words, Obi Wan Kenobi inspired a generation of nerdy young men to try their hands at performing Jedi mind control ...

Sandy Hook parents assess victories, defeats in gun control mission
CBS News Sandy Hook parents assess victories, defeats in gun control mission CBS News NEWTOWN, Conn. Three years ago on Monday, a gunman opened ...

How to use iOS or Apple Watch as remote controls with Apple TV
... new feature for Apple TV owners using Apple Watch, iPad or iPhones last week – the capacity to use your iOS device as a remote control for your ...

Hilarious: ‘Burglars For Gun Control’ Sums Up The Left’s Entire Argument
'As long as law abiding citizens have guns, it's that much harder for burglars like me to do my job.'

Bart & Fleming: Don’t Come To Year-End Movies To Get Laid; Time For Movies About Gun Control Debate?
Peter Bart and Mike Fleming Jr. worked together for two decades at Daily Variety . In this weekly Sunday column, two old friends get together ...

Halo 5 is getting advanced control options
... is a good day. There's more to next week's update for Halo 5: Guardians than Forge mode, maps, and REQs. The game is also expanding its control ...

Microsoft Band 2 gets new music controls and activity reminders
... has revealed a few fresh features for the device, designed to make it smarter and more functional. For starters, there are new music controls, ...