Rich text edit control formatting

Hi,

I have inserted a document into a rich text edit control .The problem is
that I am losing all the formatting ie. font size  etc. when I am inserting
it using insertdocument() function of rte.
Could anyone tell me how I can have the formatting in it.

Thanks,
Namita

0
namita

Hey,

What version of RTF is the document you're inserting? PowerBuilder supports
version 1.2 of the RTF standard. Any unsupported formatting is ignored.

Davy

"namita goel" <namitag@affinitygs.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have inserted a document into a rich text edit control .The problem is
> that I am losing all the formatting ie. font size  etc. when I am
inserting
> it using insertdocument() function of rte.
> Could anyone tell me how I can have the formatting in it.
>
> Thanks,
> Namita

0
De

Rich Text Edit Control problem with formatting
I have a problem with a rich text edit control. This problem exists both in Powerbuilder 5.0.0.4 and Powerbuilder 6.5.1. The problem is that I build up the document for the RTE from a RTF file. The RTF file contains placeholders, formatted text,etc. WHen I view the RTF in Word the formatting is correct but when I run the program to view the data in the RTE, the formatting is gone. When I click in the area where the formatting should be it seems that the RTE control does recognize that the text should be Bold, Underline or Italic but it does not apply that formatting. This happen...

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Rich Text Formatting / Text Formatting Toolbar
Is there a default control in ASP.NET or in VS .NET in general that I can use to help edit textboxes and have a formatting toolbar at the top similar to the microsoft word formatting toolbar (lets you make fonts bold, select font size, font type, etc. -- basic formatting stuff and maybe insert pictures/attach files to the text box). If you reply to this message, you'll see what i'm talking about at the top of the reply box. There isn't a default one in asp.net. The one used here is called FreeTextBox. It's a free custom control that you can download. I don't think it comes with emotico...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich Text Edit Control
1. I am using RTF control in a window Can i get rtf data in the format like: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1251\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1049\b\f0\fs24 RichText control is installed!!!\par } from this control.... I know i can use UPDATEBLOB and SELECTBLOB but that would be blob data. i want to get data like above because i have to display the contents of richtextedit control on a webpage as well. 2. Can I put RichText Edit control on a datawindow? 1) You can store and retrieve up to 32k without needing to use SELECTBLOB and UPDATEBLOB. You c...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

Rich Text editor conponent to format rich text
Hi we want to format rich text in a memo with the bold , underline , fonts ect. with basic functions like wordpad. A VCL component for now but later something that will work with firemonkey to format text. There are a few component out there but they cost more than half the price of Delphi. Is there a basic component out there that can do that and not hundreds of other things as well that we have to pay for that we don't need. WE got XE4 and want to start all new developments with that and fire monkey where posible, but for now we still use VCL because there still need to develop com...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

Rich Text Edit Control
HI All: I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25 What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is expanded to the edges of the paper. When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to: L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20 I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1 etc.. )and printed with the same result. I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Hello, We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if ther...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Rich Text Edit Control
Who's successfully using a - easy to use, cheap or free - rich text editor control in a VWD project?  What's the name of it?What's the name of the rich text edit control I'm typing into right now for this forum post?Thanks.Frank Free Text Box or FCKEditor.  The fact it's a VWD project isn't relevant.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.     I use FreeTextBox as well (though not in Studio, not that it matters much).&nbs...

MAPI and rich text edit control.
I can email the contents of a multiline edit control (mle_message) by doing the following: mMsg.notetext = mle_message.text But how can I substitute a rich text edit control (rte_message) instead? // the following doesn't make sense !! mMsg.notetext = rte_message.text So, how do I store the contents of a rich text edit control to mMsg.notetext? Also, I know I could solve this by emailing a file attachment but I don't want to do that. Thanks, Andy ...

Web resources about - Rich text edit control formatting - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Text formatting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The most common use of boldface is to highlight the article title, and often synonyms, in the lead section (first paragraph). This is done for ...

Formatting « Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on Law Firms, Lawyers ...
Above the Law: A Legal Web Site – News, Commentary, and Opinions on Law Firms, Lawyers, Law School, Law Suits, Judges and Courts

Android Studio 1.2 Reaches Beta, Adds Built-In Decompiler, Inline Debugger Variables, Smarter Formatting ...
When Android Studio v1.1 entered the Stable channel, about 6 weeks ago, the Dev Tools team gave word that v1.2 was already well underway and ...

TextExpander 2.0 Brings Rich Text Formatting, Fill-In Snippets And More
TextExpander has finally received its big 2.0 update.

WordEver HD - Text Editor with Redesigned Keyboard and MarkDown syntax & formatting highlight
Holen Sie sich „WordEver HD - Text Editor with Redesigned Keyboard and MarkDown syntax & formatting highlight“ im App Store. Sehen Sie sich Screenshots, ...

Macs are vulnerable to Thunderstrike 2 firmware malware that survives formatting
... Thursday, researchers will demonstrate that not only can Macs be remotely infected with malware, but that this malware can survive a user formatting ...

16 Tips on Blog Writing and Formatting
... again. My point is that you ought to take advice with a grain of salt. And that applies to this post as well. Writing blog posts and formatting ...

Select Text With Similar Formatting in Google Docs
Google Docs added a cool new feature that lets you select all the text with similar formatting, so you can quickly make some changes. It's like ...