Rich Text Edit Control #2

Hi,

Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size
through one of the controls functions?

Markus

0
Markus

http://www.teamsybase.net/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip

On 19 Aug 2004 06:19:13 -0700, "Markus Zurbuchen Consulting
\(mzc.ch\)" <mz@mzc.ch> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size
>through one of the controls functions?
>
>Markus

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awards
http://www.mobilevillage.com/awards.htm

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce

Help needed with Rich Text Edit Control #2
I am relatively new to PowerBuilder. I am having a problem using the Rich Text Edit Control. I have a Rich Text data window that retrieves data behind the scenes. I am interfacing to it with a Datastore. I do not like the default behavior of the Rich Text Edit Control which is to have text which is updateable within a "field" and also allows you to enter text that is outside that field. The problem with this is that if the user types something and it happens to be outside the field in question, then when they go to save the data, what they typed outside the field will no...

[...]

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

rich text edit #2
where can i learn to use rich text edit? i need some sample. thanks..... In addition to the other helpful comments, check out the online books "Application Techniques" volume. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] Cornelio Royer wrote in message ... > >where can i learn to use rich text edit? > >i need some sample. > > >thanks..... > > > > > > > ...

Rich Text Edit Control
1. I am using RTF control in a window Can i get rtf data in the format like: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1251\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1049\b\f0\fs24 RichText control is installed!!!\par } from this control.... I know i can use UPDATEBLOB and SELECTBLOB but that would be blob data. i want to get data like above because i have to display the contents of richtextedit control on a webpage as well. 2. Can I put RichText Edit control on a datawindow? 1) You can store and retrieve up to 32k without needing to use SELECTBLOB and UPDATEBLOB. You c...

Rich Text Control #2
Does anyone have a good recommendation for an end user friendly rich text control?  The objective is to have the page creation experience much like creating a document in Word with a very simple implementation of inserting images and documents (from the local disk) and formatting text.Jack I would recommend using a control from http://freetextbox.com. -d2...

Rich Text Edit Control
HI All: I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25 What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is expanded to the edges of the paper. When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to: L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20 I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1 etc.. )and printed with the same result. I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to...

Rich Text Edit Control
Who's successfully using a - easy to use, cheap or free - rich text editor control in a VWD project?  What's the name of it?What's the name of the rich text edit control I'm typing into right now for this forum post?Thanks.Frank Free Text Box or FCKEditor.  The fact it's a VWD project isn't relevant.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.     I use FreeTextBox as well (though not in Studio, not that it matters much).&nbs...

Web resources about - Rich Text Edit Control #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Atlassian battles Slack for control of the modern workplace
Atlassian went public only a week ago, and already a new front has opened up in its battle with a key competitor.

Firefighters battle out of control bushfire in Bullsbrook
Around 70 firefighters are battling an out of control bush-fire in Bullsbrook.

Victoria bushfires: Out-of-control blazes in Victoria as heatwave continues across southern Australia ...
Victoria's Country Fire Authority says houses are likely to be impacted by a 3,000-hectare bushfire west of Melbourne.

Stringify your life by taking control and automating tasks
... Adobe Post or If you can think it, you can create it in Scribblenauts Unlimited . Stringify IF by IFTTT Stringify your life by taking control ...

How to engage Tesla's Launch Control mode
Filed under: Green , Videos , Tesla , Electric Short video shows Model S keeping it straight on a rain-slicked road.

Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games
Breitbart News Tencent Holdings Takes Full Control of 'League of Legends' Developer Riot Games Breitbart News Riot Games, the creators of ...

China's Xi on cyberspace control
Chinese President Xi Jinping defended his country's right to censor Internet content, signaling confidence in the strategy.

San Bernardino Gun Control Poll
Would Tougher Gun Control Laws Prevent Mass Shootings In California? [question q=”1″] [email][submit] *Completing this poll entitles you to Daily ...