Report object within the datawindow

Hi

How can i get the content of the report object within the datawindow
object?

Thanks a lot

Godfield
0
Godfield

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:06:32 -0500, Godfield wrote:

>Hi
>
>How can i get the content of the report object within the datawindow
>object?

I may not be fully awake yet, but what do you mean by a report object?
An Infomaker report?  Another datawindow object?  A .psr file?

Since the last one is the easiest I'll answer that one now..

dw_control.dataobject = "c:\path\filename.psr"
--

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Close to NJ? Join the NJ Sybase Tools User Group
  http://www.njpbug.org/njpbug/join/join.asp
0
Boris
1/28/2002 3:25:17 PM
dw_1.dataobject = "myreport.psr"

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:06:32 -0500, Godfield wrote:

>Hi
>
>How can i get the content of the report object within the datawindow
>object?
>
>Thanks a lot
>
>Godfield

Regards,
Dave Fish [TeamSybase]

0
dfish

Report object in the DataWindow Object
Hello all...We have PB9.03 and I am trying to create a Report Object within my DataWindow Object. My question is whether there is any way that a Report Object can have a Horizontal and Vertical Scrollbar? I've tried everything and don't seem to be able to produce one. > Hello all...We have PB9.03 and I am trying to create a > Report Object within my DataWindow Object. My question is > whether there is any way that a Report Object can have a > Horizontal and Vertical Scrollbar? Nope, there isn't any way ...

Modify(ing) a report contained within a DataWindow object
I have a datawindow object dw_1 that contains a report "r_report_1" that contains a bitmap that I need to modify. dw_1.report_1.modify(p_1.filename=foo.gif") is the spirit of what I am trying to do.... is there a particular syntax that I can use? Can someone provide an example of how to do this? Thanks for any help you can offer. Chris dw_1.DataObject = "r_report_1" report_1 contains a reference to a dw_1 control that references a report named "r_report_2" that contains the bitmap I am trying to modify. "Chris Kersey&qu...

NDS General Object Reports, Security Reports, Users and Groups Reports
--____WNUBBRTGWLGTREETXZYN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, What snapins do I need in ConsoleOne and where do I get them to = view/use the following objects: NDS General Object Reports NDS User Security Reports NDS Users and Groups Reports Thanks. --____WNUBBRTGWLGTREETXZYN____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____VUQESAZLRJFXXVSYDDUU____" --____VUQESAZLRJFXXVSYDDUU____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HE...

Describe("DataWindow.Objects") Functionality for Report DataWindow object Doesn't Work
Hello there. I want to change the nested report object(s) attributes. I had used Describe() function to get objects -("DataWindow.Objects"). After removing the tab spaces I was able to get the object name within that DW. By checking the Attributes -(ls_obj + ".Attributes") I came to know by finding "nested_argument" that the current object is (nested) report. Now if I assigned this object to the DDDWChild/Any variable it gives error either at compilation or at run time. If I created a datastore locally & assigned the dataobject of the current ...

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

PB 8.0.3 and Report Objects within a datawindow
Hello All, I am experiencing a weird occurrence with PB 8.0.3 on Windows 2000 and report objects within a datawindow . We are also using Oracle 9i. The weirdness is as follows.... We take a datawindow that has two report objects on it and because we need to change the name of the table in the report objects we have created a PBL that the system will get the syntax for the report objects datawindows and then save the syntax as different datawindows but with the table name changed (This worked great under PB 8.0.2). After the datawindow has been created we then set the dataobjec...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Datawindow with report object! How to get a doubleClick in report
PB 9.0 I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow with detail information ) How is it possible to determine the rownumber, when the user makes a doubleclick in the report object ?? Thanks for any help Peter GetObjectAtPointer()? -- This is a FAQ, read Help, then search www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message news:3fcafbcd$1@forums-1-dub... > PB 9.0 > > I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow wi...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

NDS General Object Reports & NDS User Security Reports
--____UVEWLAXZSYAOCXXRXQID____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, What snapins do I need in ConsoleOne and where do I get them to = view/use the following objects: NDS General Object Reports NDS User Security Reports NDS Users and Groups Reports Thanks. --____UVEWLAXZSYAOCXXRXQID____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____GWFFMOKGKATKRFFTBGVZ____" --____GWFFMOKGKATKRFFTBGVZ____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HE...

Report within a datawindow
Is it possible to delete rows from a report in a datawindow dynamically ? In fact, I'd like to know how to manipulate in scripts rows of my report such as filtering them and so on... Because these syntaxes are not allowed : dw_main.Object.rp_report[1].DeleteRow(n) dw_main.Object.rp_report[1].Filter() You can do this by declaring the report as a datawindowchild using the GetChild() function. dw_main.GetChild("rp_report", ldwc_report) Then you can manipulate the report by using the DataWindowChild variable you declared. ldwc_report.DeleteRow(n) ldwc_report....

Datawindow report object
Hi! I have placed a report control/object inside a datawindow. This report control's dataobject is an external datawindow. I need to access this internal report control and add rows to it, set values in columns etc? Is this possible? I have tried the following syntax dw.object.dw_internal.insertrow(0) This causes an error? Is it possible have to use setfullstate/getfullstate on this control? Jan Erik Use GetChild( ) to get the child datawindow handle and use that to interact with the nested dw. /ck "Jan Erik Hermansen" <jeh@susoft.no>...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Web resources about - Report object within the datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo