PVCS VM 6.6 and PB 6.5.1 ?

What are the things to do to migrate from VM 6.0 to VM 6.6 when using from
PB 6.5.1 or PB7. What are the advantages of the new version ? Is there a
specific document on that ?

Philip

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

upgrading from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6
I ran the patch upgrade for gw 6.5 to get us to sp6. Ran the update and rebooted. all seem to upgrade except the gwia component. It was soft abending the server. I tried re installing the gwia from the new SDD directory and it still did not work. Is there any problems with going from 6.5.1 to 6.5.6 directly? gw 6.5.1 (poa, mta, gwia, webaccess on same server). One post office. novell 6 sp 5. Normally not, but try deleting sccfilt.bin, if it exists. <rmburt@nationalindemnity.com> wrote in message news:_Z7Qh.2389$mb6.563@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >I r...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

How do I connect PB 6.5 to Oracle 8.1.6 using Net8.1.6?
I am using PB6.5 (build 444) and I've Installed Oracle client (Net8) v8.1.6 to connect to Oracle Server 8.1.6. I can connect via SQL*Plus; however, When i try to connect thru Powerbuilder i get the following message: "Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154" Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. Which driver are you trying to use? The 7.x drivers require the '@' prefix, the 8.x drivers don't (and will generate such an error message if you provide it). On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:40:13 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerb...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1, Connect to Oracle 8.1.6.3 with PBO7360.DLL (v6.5.1.620)
Hey, I've got a developer that I can't get to connect to Oracle from within the PB dev environment (PB 6.5.1). tnsping is fine, all the other Oracle utilities as well, as non-Oracle programs can connect just fine, but just not PB. If you try to configure the database connection under Oracle7, @tns:sun3500 the returned error code is ORA-01019, and then ORA-12514 (if you try again). He has the Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 SQL-net client installed. I have the same SQL-Net on my machine, and it works fine. We've tried SQL-Net 8... as well no difference, and we've re-installed PB...

PB 6.5.1 against Oracle 8.1.6
We are planning to upgrade our Powerbuilder 6.5.1 app running against Oracle 7.3.4.4 to run against Oracle 8.1.6. It seems that a lot of people are doing the same thing. However, people keep referring to obtaining a later build number of Powerbuilder. Am I understanding this correctly that that versions of Powerbuilder have multiple builds. For instance, Powerbuilder 6.5.1 has multiple builds ? How do you determine the current build number you are running ? Help..About does not work. Where can I get the latest build ? I do not plan to use the new features of Oracle 8.1.6 so...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

Web resources about - PVCS VM 6.6 and PB 6.5.1 ? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

PVCS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
8.4.6 / November 30, 2012 ; 2 years ago ( 2012-11-30 ) PVCS Version Manager (originally named Polytron Version Control System ) is a software ...

PVC road kill 2 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

YouTube - How To Make A PVC Pump!
Veröffentlicht am 03.08.2013 In this project you'll learn how to make a customizable PVC hand pump that will create vacuum suction, pump water, ...

Big red PVC boots to fill (04:51)
Henry Cavill recalls his journey from a childhood pretending to be Superman to ultimately starring as his hero in Man Of Steel .

Nigeria: CSOs, Others Ask Govt, States to Declare Work-Free Day for Voters to Collect PVCs
... on the federal and state governments to declare at least one work-free day to enable Nigerians collect their Permanent Voters' Cards (PVCs). ...

DIY stop motion animation: Birth of a PVC Man
Birth of a PVC man I've been fascinated with stop-motion animation from childhood. Still, growing up in the 1980s, the cost and knowledge barrier ...

Ellsworth, MDI win PVC large-school titles; Orono sweeps small-school competition
ELLSWORTH, Maine — Neither Dan Curts nor Aleta Looker was at 100 percent physically Saturday, but it wasn’t enough to prevent the two Ellsworth ...

PVC Pipe Princess Dress Rack
... the kids dress up. If only there was a way to keep the clothes tidy, yet easily accessible for a 4 year old. Enter Simple Simon and some PVC ...

This guy built his own air conditioner with a cooler and PVC pipe for less than $50
... desertsun02 shows viewers how to make a home-made AC Air Cooling unit that can get the air as cold as 42 degrees Fahrenheit using only a PVC ...

PVCs- Not Just for Plumbing
Recently, I visited one of my favorite people, Kate. She had broken her hip and was recouping at home, so I played the italian friend and brought ...