Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow

I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows.  At run time, I want to
modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report.  I am
using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the
report.  Here's the code I am using.  dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow
on dw_composite.
li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1)  //get reference
ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync')
li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1)
The Modify returns an empty string, so it doens't crap out.  ShareData returns
-1.  The dataobject of the nested datawindow is not being set, so ShareData is
not working.
What am I doing wrong??
Yannick
10/10/2000 6:00:00 PM