Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow

I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows.  At run time, I want to
modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report.  I am
using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the
report.  Here's the code I am using.  dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow
on dw_composite.

li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1)  //get reference
ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync')
li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1)

The Modify returns an empty string, so it doens't crap out.  ShareData returns
-1.  The dataobject of the nested datawindow is not being set, so ShareData is
not working.

What am I doing wrong??
Yannick

I found the problem.  Thanks.
Yannick

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow?
I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in it. I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title, values.label and or so. the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data. I do it like this: datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child) dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' It failed! then I use this datastore ds_1 ds_1 = create datastore ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph' ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('grap...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow)
Would you help me to create datawindow layout for the report of composite datawindow from DWsyntax at runtime? ...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow
Hi All I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I do not have columns for get child. I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server. Thanks. Sincerely Saleem > Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we > access its properties. ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Treeview datawindow as part of composite datawindow
Hi I have a question about a Treeview datawindow in a composite datawindow. I created a treeview datawindow with 2 levels, but I have set my default expand level = 1. Running this datawindow on it's own, the user can expand the treeview to level 2. However, as soon as this datawindow becomes part of a composite datawindow, I cannot interact with it at all to expand my levels. Is this normal behaviour in a composite datawindow, or is there a way to expand the levels. I am developing in Powerbuilder 12.Net Thank you in advance, Annelize Composite datawindows are ...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

PageCount() with Nested Datawindow in Composite Datawindow
Hi Everyone, I use PB 11.5.1 Build 4740 (last build). I have a problem when I am trying to print out a composite datawindow. I have a composite datawindow with 3 nested datawindow, when I try dw_composite.Retrieve() it works fine, but when I put dw_composite.Print(), I faced a problem with the second nested datawindow: the number of pages. For example, I have two pages and the print is "Page 2 of 2" to the first page and "Page 2 of 2" to the second one. I am using the function "page()". This just occurs to print option, when I am using retrieve op...

Web resources about - Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Properties of water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the physical and chemical properties of pure water. For general discussion and its distribution and importance in life, ...

Facebook Surpasses All Google Properties In Brazil
Facebook overtook Orkut to became Brazil’s top social network in January, but has only overtaken all of Google’s properties in that nation just ...

Extended Profile Properties - Facebook-Entwickler
These Permissions cannot be revoked in the Login Dialog during the login flow, meaning they are non-optional for Users when logging into your ...

PortPerry Properties (@brian14mckinlay) on Twitter

Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store on iTunes
Get Hawaii Real Estate Properties on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Australian Federal Police raid properties in new CFMEU-linked investigation
Federal Police have raided properties as part of an investigation into a CFMEU organiser suspected by authorities of being bribed.

Nobody's home: Housing boom leaves swathe of empty properties
The nation's three-year property boom is leaving its biggest cities awash with empty homes, a report shows.

WA fires: Blaze damage grows to 162 properties in South West
... the deadly bushfires in Western Australia's South West region have climbed to 162 homes. The updated assessment is an increase of 34 properties ...

Digital detox: Australians seek out nature properties to overcome technology burnout
Holiday home rental companies say they have seen a spike in the number of customers seeking digital detoxes, allowing savvy homeowners to offer ...

These are the 9 Airbnb properties where everybody dreams of staying
Airbnb has become popular partly because people can open up their exquisite (or strange) properties around the world. When Airbnb looked at ...