Problem with Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5034

If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a window,
the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action appears to
take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have checked source to
verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly.

-Rich

0
Rich

Here is an example of the new PowerBuilder V10.5 build 5034.

ftp://www.pbsoftware.com/pbs/jimo_bug01.zip

If you try to change the values of the inherited values of ....
String is_stringvar1
Long il_longvar2

in the properties panel of w_start.  You cannot save the changes in the BPL
file.

"Rich" <iornman1983@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a
> window, the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action
> appears to take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have checked
> source to verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly.
>
> -Rich

0
Bob
5/2/2006 4:32:26 PM
Sorry wrong url...

ftp://ftp.pbsoftware.com/pbs/jimo_bug01.zip

"Bob Piskac" <bob@no-spam-pbsoftware.com> wrote in message
> Here is an example of the new PowerBuilder V10.5 build 5034.
>
> ftp://www.pbsoftware.com/pbs/jimo_bug01.zip
>
> If you try to change the values of the inherited values of ....
> String is_stringvar1
> Long il_longvar2
>
> in the properties panel of w_start.  You cannot save the changes in the
> BPL file.
>
> "Rich" <iornman1983@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a
>> window, the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action
>> appears to take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have
>> checked source to verify this. In previous versions this worked
>> correctly.
>>
>> -Rich

0
Bob
5/2/2006 5:12:51 PM
I *think* we have an 'accepttext' problem.  If you change a property
and tab off of it, does it save correctly?

On 2 May 2006 08:33:12 -0700, "Rich" <iornman1983@hotmail.com> wrote:

>If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a window,
>the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action appears to
>take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have checked source to
>verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly.
>
>-Rich

0
Jim
5/2/2006 6:19:33 PM
No, I can tab off, or hit enter and it still acts the same way

-Rich

"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_@_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>I *think* we have an 'accepttext' problem.  If you change a property
> and tab off of it, does it save correctly?
>
> On 2 May 2006 08:33:12 -0700, "Rich" <iornman1983@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a
>>window,
>>the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action appears to
>>take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have checked source to
>>verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly.
>>
>>-Rich

0
Rich
5/2/2006 6:34:49 PM
Ok, then I would pursue via a tech support issue.
On 2 May 2006 11:34:49 -0700, "Rich" <iornman1983@hotmail.com> wrote:

>No, I can tab off, or hit enter and it still acts the same way
>
>-Rich
>
>"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_@_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>>I *think* we have an 'accepttext' problem.  If you change a property
>> and tab off of it, does it save correctly?
>>
>> On 2 May 2006 08:33:12 -0700, "Rich" <iornman1983@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a
>>>window,
>>>the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action appears to
>>>take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have checked source to
>>>verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly.
>>>
>>>-Rich

0
Jim
5/2/2006 9:45:46 PM
Thanks for your help Jim.  It's the attention to the customer, we get from
Sybase, that keeps us here.

> Ok, then I would pursue via a tech support issue.
> On 2 May 2006 11:34:49 -0700, "Rich" <iornman1983@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>No, I can tab off, or hit enter and it still acts the same way
>>
>>-Rich
>>
>>"Jim O'Neil [Sybase]" <joneil_@_sybase_dot_com> wrote in message
>>>I *think* we have an 'accepttext' problem.  If you change a property
>>> and tab off of it, does it save correctly?

0
Bob
5/3/2006 6:03:55 PM
Fixed in PowerBuilder EBF 105_5048.zip

> If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a
> window, the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action
> appears to take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have checked
> source to verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly.
>
> -Rich

0
Bob
6/6/2006 5:56:57 PM
 Anyone here about a scheduled maintenance release for PB 10.5 ?

> Fixed in PowerBuilder EBF 105_5048.zip
>
> "Rich" <iornman1983@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a
> > window, the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action
> > appears to take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have
checked
> > source to verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly.
> >
> > -Rich

0
Chris

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

like operator problem in PowerBuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) !
I'm using Powerbuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) with MS SQL Server 2005. I create a datawindow object as select * from M_PRODUCT where product_id like 'AB%' In the PB's database ISQL session or MS SQL Server 2005 console, the SQL statement can return all products which are starting with 'AB' (e.g. : 'ABC', 'ABD', 'ABCD', 'ABDE' ..) But the result in the datawindow object are different. The product like 'ABC', 'ABD' can be returned. It seems that % is represent one character only, not the string. Is it new in...

Rich Text Printing Problem in Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

PB 10.5 Build 5034 to EAS 5.3 Connection Problem
I am trying to connect from a PB app to an EAS 5.3 server but repeatedly get a failure on the Connection objects connectToServer( ) call. It is returning a return value of 57 - Connection object not connected to server. Nothing gets logged into the server logs. The strange parts are the PB 9 version of the app connects fine on this box, and the PB 10.5 version connects fine on boxes that also have the PB 10.5 IDE installed. This makes me think it is some kind of deployment dll problem. Here are the deployment dll's we are shipping over: atl71.dll gdiplus.dll libjcc.dll libj...

Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP
Hello! Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components I'm having quite some problems with my character sets... Here is how our system is set up Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 EAServer codeset utf8 Connection cache: utf-8 JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252" %> I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all utf-...

Powerbuilder 10.5 Livescroll Problems
A datawindow in my applcation has the Livescroll set to FALSE, yet it still allows me to Livescrool. Same issue occurs in PB 10.5 and 10.2 with the same application. I've verified that this property is not set to TRUE elsewhere in the application. Is there any kind of known problem with the livescroll property not behaving based on the value set? ...

PowerBuilder 10.5 Build 4523
Hello, We are using PB 10.5. To use the Web services do we need to have EA server or can i get around without using EA server? We are planning to use SOAP. Hi Ram; You do not need EAS to use (consume) web services. You would only need EAS if you are planning to build PB Components that you wish to Expose to other developers as a WS. If you move to PB 11.0 or higher, you can now deploy the PB Component(s) as .NET based WS's - thus negating the need for EAS. HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com "Ram Sr...

Powerbuilder 10.5 - SQLServer2000
I have a problem with a datastore timing out after 17.1 minutes when trying to do a retrieve from the database. If I set the CommandTimeout parameter to 10 seconds then PB will timeout at 10 seconds but if I set it to an hour then PB will still timeout around 17.1 minutes. The datastore has a stored procedure datasource, I'm connecting to Microsoft SQLServer 2000. If I call a stored procedure from within powerscript it doesn't timeout at the 17.1 min mark so it seems to be related to the datastore somehow. ...

How do I revert to a prior build of PowerBuilder 10.5.2
We downloaded and installed the 15278 Build for PB 10.5.2 (7564) and discovered that we were having problems with misbehaviors in dropdowndatwindows. We tried toroll back to 10.5.2 (7016) with by executing the 15012 EBF - but this does not seem to actually revert us to the prior build - and it still shows the PB build as 7564 with the newer dlls from november. How do we get back to build 7016? Uninstall. Install 10.5. Install 10.5.2. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten Glenn Barber wrote: > We downloaded and installed the 15278 Build for PB 1...

Print as a single job problem in PowerBuilder 10.5
Problem: When you try to print two rich text datawindows in one print job, it still creates two separate print jobs or if you send it to fax printer it creates two separate fax jobs. Here is the sample code: long Job Job = PrintOpen( ) PrintDatawindow(Job, dw_1) PrintDatawindow(Job, dw_2) PrintClose(Job) This code works *fine* in PB 8.0 and PB 10.2.1. Please let me know if this is a known issue with an existing case, otherwise I would like to open a case. ...

Web resources about - Problem with Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5034 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles