Problem with Power Builder 11.5

Hi.

Since the version 7.0 of Power Builder I am using an user object that
contains definite functions in a dynamic library defined as local
external function in the user object, this library is built in Visual
Basic Version 6.

This object continued functioning in the version 9.3, stop I have just
received the Version 11.5 and when tries to make use of one of the
functions the program is aborted, whether compiled or in way of
development.

On the other hand, they delivered me a new version of the library
developed in Visual C# of Visual Studio 2003 and in none of the two
versions (9.3 and 11.5) works, in the first one sends error upon
calling to the function and in the second remains without doing any
action.

I expect they be able to help me and thanks by their time.

0
NOT

 You have to remember that in PB 9 you are an ANSI application and in PB 10
and higher your are an Unicode application. So any character (string)
parameters that you pass to an external DLL have be using the right
encoding.

  BTW: What is the error that you are receiving?

"NOT" <nolmedo1@banamex.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> Since the version 7.0 of Power Builder I am using an user object that
> contains definite functions in a dynamic library defined as local
> external function in the user object, this library is built in Visual
> Basic Version 6.
>
> This object continued functioning in the version 9.3, stop I have just
> received the Version 11.5 and when tries to make use of one of the
> functions the program is aborted, whether compiled or in way of
> development.
>
> On the other hand, they delivered me a new version of the library
> developed in Visual C# of Visual Studio 2003 and in none of the two
> versions (9.3 and 11.5) works, in the first one sends error upon
> calling to the function and in the second remains without doing any
> action.
>
> I expect they be able to help me and thanks by their time.

0
Chris
12/8/2008 6:38:06 PM
Hi Chris

When run the aplication in 11.5 version I don't recieve any message
only abort and close Power Builder (when is in development).

This is the original declaration for my Local External Function :

Function long Solicitar_Password( String Operacion, String
Maq_Destino, &
	String Usuario_Destino, String Tipo_Destino, String Apl_Destino, &
	String Apl_Origen, String Atributo, String TimeOut ) Library "C:\APPS
\SAPUFEnlace\SAPUFEnlace.dll" alias for "Solicitar_Password;Ansi"

Function long Recuperar_msg( ref String respuesta, ref String
Error_Code, &
	ref String SubError_Code ) Library "C:\APPS\SAPUFEnlace
\SAPUFEnlace.dll" alias for "Recuperar_msg;Ansi"

When recieve your message I change the declaration for this form,
because in the Help of the Function only refers to the Ansi case.

Function long Solicitar_Password( String Operacion, String
Maq_Destino, &
	String Usuario_Destino, String Tipo_Destino, String Apl_Destino, &
	String Apl_Origen, String Atributo, String TimeOut ) Library "C:\APPS
\SAPUFEnlace\SAPUFEnlace.dll"

Function long Recuperar_msg( ref String respuesta, ref String
Error_Code, &
	ref String SubError_Code ) Library "C:\APPS\SAPUFEnlace
\SAPUFEnlace.dll"

The result in both cases is the same.

In this case I am testing with the library created with Visual Basic
6.0, in Power Builder 9.3 don't have problem with none of the two
definitions of the function but in the 11.5 version I have problem
whit both.

Itself not if this is to what you refer with the information of the
definition of the parameters.

Other problem is when use the same Libary but created whit Visual C#,
I believe that this would be better to treat it for separated since
they behave of different way.

Regards.
0
NOT
12/8/2008 8:30:40 PM
If your DLLs are expecting ANSI strings (which is a good bet if they
were working with PB9), then you definitely want the ";ANSI" qualifier
in for any external functions that pass in or return strings.

If it were me, I'd start trying to troubleshoot from the VB side.
Check the values of the parameters that are being passed in. Maybe you
can work back from that point to identify the problem in PB.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:30:40 -0800 (PST), NOT <nolmedo1@banamex.com>
wrote:

>Hi Chris
>
>When run the aplication in 11.5 version I don't recieve any message
>only abort and close Power Builder (when is in development).
>
>This is the original declaration for my Local External Function :
>
>Function long Solicitar_Password( String Operacion, String
>Maq_Destino, &
>	String Usuario_Destino, String Tipo_Destino, String Apl_Destino, &
>	String Apl_Origen, String Atributo, String TimeOut ) Library "C:\APPS
>\SAPUFEnlace\SAPUFEnlace.dll" alias for "Solicitar_Password;Ansi"
>
>Function long Recuperar_msg( ref String respuesta, ref String
>Error_Code, &
>	ref String SubError_Code ) Library "C:\APPS\SAPUFEnlace
>\SAPUFEnlace.dll" alias for "Recuperar_msg;Ansi"
>
>When recieve your message I change the declaration for this form,
>because in the Help of the Function only refers to the Ansi case.
>
>Function long Solicitar_Password( String Operacion, String
>Maq_Destino, &
>	String Usuario_Destino, String Tipo_Destino, String Apl_Destino, &
>	String Apl_Origen, String Atributo, String TimeOut ) Library "C:\APPS
>\SAPUFEnlace\SAPUFEnlace.dll"
>
>Function long Recuperar_msg( ref String respuesta, ref String
>Error_Code, &
>	ref String SubError_Code ) Library "C:\APPS\SAPUFEnlace
>\SAPUFEnlace.dll"
>
>The result in both cases is the same.
>
>In this case I am testing with the library created with Visual Basic
>6.0, in Power Builder 9.3 don't have problem with none of the two
>definitions of the function but in the 11.5 version I have problem
>whit both.
>
>Itself not if this is to what you refer with the information of the
>definition of the parameters.
>
>Other problem is when use the same Libary but created whit Visual C#,
>I believe that this would be better to treat it for separated since
>they behave of different way.
>
>Regards.

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated June 25/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
12/9/2008 1:55:54 PM
Thanks Terry.

I believe that I lack something of experience to understand the use of
ANSI and UNICODE applications.

What I want to understand is, if I should modify my DLL of VB that
comes functioning in PB 9 since 2 years ago and when I migrate my
application to PB 11.5 no longer functions or I should modify the some
call in this last version, in the previous message I show as I define
my "Local External Function" with and without =93;ANSI" and does not
function of none of the two forms.

Another problem is that the development of the DLL is not mine and
=BF would have that to be modified exclusively to be used with PB 11,5?,
do not I believe the logical.
0
NOT
12/9/2008 2:33:51 PM
 Just go with the ";ANSI" over-rode IMHO.

Thanks Terry.

I believe that I lack something of experience to understand the use of
ANSI and UNICODE applications.

What I want to understand is, if I should modify my DLL of VB that
comes functioning in PB 9 since 2 years ago and when I migrate my
application to PB 11.5 no longer functions or I should modify the some
call in this last version, in the previous message I show as I define
my "Local External Function" with and without �;ANSI" and does not
function of none of the two forms.

Another problem is that the development of the DLL is not mine and
� would have that to be modified exclusively to be used with PB 11,5?,
do not I believe the logical.

0
Chris
12/9/2008 6:26:52 PM
You shouldn't need to rewrite the DLLs; the ";ANSI" qualifier should
make your calls from 11.5 compatible. However, you've said you have
crashes and seemed to be blaming the DLL calls. If that's true (and
I'd confirm with a PBDEBUG trace to be certain), and if I had access
to the DLL code, the first debugging step *I'd* take is to try to see
if the values being passed to the DLL are what is expected. There are
lots of other steps possible. See the Troubleshooting Guide on my site
(see below) for more ideas.

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated June 25/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

How to call crystal report 11.5 from Power Builder 11.5?
Hi All, I am setting up new application to call crystal report from pb 11.5. I am using the steps specified in following link but getting "Error#36: Name not found accessing external object property" at g_ole_crx_connection_info = g_ole_crx_application.database.tables[1].ConnectionProperties line. http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00d5e891-cb1d-2b10-93a1-d6cf33e01edf?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true Please let me know how to fix this error or better alternate to call crystal report from pb. Thanks Indra Here are some code f...

Powerbuilder Stored Procs problem against 11.5.1 (and 11.9.2?)
When you want to use Powerbuilder development IDE against a database, you need to load some stored procedures and tables into the database so Powerbuilder can display primary keys, allow you to edit rows in a table, etc. The names are something like pbcatcol, pbcattbl, etc. They're in a SQL script on the Powerbuilder CD. These PB5.0 scripts compile fine against our ASE 11.0.2.2 server, but get syntax errors trying to compile against 11.5.1 (and I assume 11.9.2). The PB6.0 scripts compile fine against 11.5.1, but we use PB5.0 in-house as well. I was able to make them compile (...

EA Server 5.5 & Power Builder 9.0 Build 5507 Connectivity Problem!
Hi, I have the application in Power builder 9.0 with Build 5507. I want to connect Exe with EA Server without installtion of SQL Client and Power builder but when i connected i received MS SQL Connectivity Error. I copied all Dlls from Sybase/Shared/Powerbuilder folder from Power builder installed folder on another PC and added in Path variable as well. But on a screen I receive Power Builder Fqatal Error while on other version with EA Server 5.2 or 5.3 there is no error. kindly help. thanks shamraiz. Cannot understand why ...

Problem with RS 11.5.1 and ASE 11.5.1
I'm having several problems with RS. The Replication System has 2 ASE (one 11.9.2 and one 11.5.1) and one RS 11.5.1. This should be a bidirectional system. But when I try to replicate from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 with text fields it gives me the following error: ERROR #5150 DSI EXEC(104(1) PORTAL_GF.portal) - /dsiexec.c(2626) Function 'rs_get_textptr' for 'HUMANED_GF' returned multiple rows. I can't understand this because I have a primary key. I also have the following problem when the RS starts: ERROR #28049 DSI(104 PORTAL_GF.portal) - sub_rsts.c(445) ...

Problem with upgrade from 11.5.1 to 12.5.2
I am upgrading an 11.5.1 server to 12.5.2. I ran the sqlupgrade utility in non-upgrade mode and fixed up the issues it threw up. There is one remaining issue which I cannot fix. The sqlupgrade utility say that I must set the "esp execution stacksize" server parameter value to a min of 50000. However when I attempt to change this on my 11.5.1 server I get the following error message. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1> sp_configure "esp execution stacksize", 50000 2> go Msg 5846, Level 16, State 1: S...

Power Builder 11.5 via RDP
We have a user who works remotely for our company and accesses his workstation via RDP. When he checks the license status in the About PowerBuilder window it says 'Grace Mode' and the license mode is 'Standalone License File'. When I check this locally logged into the machine it does not say it is in 'Grace Mode'. Has anyone had this issue? If so, will it stop working after the grace mode or is there a fix? If you're using Remote Desktop, you can create a served license and serve it locally and it won't go into grace mode when Remote Desktop is being u...

Power builder 5 big printing problem
Hi , i've a problem printing a datastore who contains a nested report on a HP 1200 Laserjet.When the user print the datastore , the printer print it on 2 papers.Other users print the same datastore on the same printer normally.The printer is shared and is connected to the user who has problem. Excuse me for the language. I hope someone helps me . Please if you can help me email me at alfei.g@tiscali.it Best guesses would be that it is likely something to do with either a difference in the fonts or in the printer driver. Be warned that PB5 is pretty old. This means that Sy...

Oracle Express Vs. Power Builder 11.5
Tengo una aplicaci=f3n con Bd Oracle 10G fuenciona bien... monte en otra maquina oracle express y no funciona todos los DW retornan -1 en ejcuci=f3n... Alguien sabe que debo hacer??????????? GRacias.. ...

Powerbuilder 11.5 EBF 17123 Installation Problem
I'm having a problem on the installation of the latest EBF, my setup terminates and no error appear. It terminates after the third screen after hitting the Next button and then nothing. What could be the problem. I've already update my installshield engine and still the same problem. ...

CIS connect from ASE 11.5 to SQL ANY 5.5 Problem
Hi, i have added remote to ASE 11.5 which is a SQL Anywhere 5.5 db. The connection runs over OPN Server Gateway. Here my ASE configuration. exec sp_addserver OMI, sql_server, POSYSTEST exec sp_serveroption OMI, "timeouts", false exec sp_serveroption OMI, "net password encryption", false exec sp_serveroption OMI, "readonly", false exec sp_serveroption OMI, "rpc security model A", true exec sp_addremotelogin OMI, sa exec sp_addremotelogin OMI, sa, sa exec sp_remoteoption OMI, sa, sa, trusted, true exec sp_addexternlogin OMI, sa, sa, pas...

Windows XP SP2 Compliance for Power Builder 6.5 & Power Builder 7.0
I would like to check if Power Builder 6.5 & Power Builder 7.0 Developer Version can run on Windows XP with SP2 patches ? Please reply. In article <416a5311.5cd2.1681692777@sybase.com>, chaihoon.lim@mesa.panasonic.com.sg says... > I would like to check if Power Builder 6.5 & Power Builder > 7.0 Developer Version can run on Windows XP with SP2 patches > ? > > Please reply. > go ahead.. check Those versions are not supported on XP at all, much less SP2. On 11 Oct 2004 02:32:01 -0700, chaihoon.lim@mesa.panasonic.com.sg wrote: >I would ...

Powerbuilder 11.5 decimal rounding problem in EBFs 17123 and 17328
In a datawindow prior to EBFs 17123 and 17328, the decimal values were not being rounded. Starting with these two EBFs, the decimal positions are rounded. Nothing has changed in the datawindow. We can't go back to prior EBFs because we needed the Unicode fixes that were included in 17123. Using the old DLLs fixes the issue but leaves us with the Unicode error. We are using PB11.5 3127 connecting to an Oracle 10g database using the PB Oracle drivers. The datawindow is doing a to_number on a varchar2 field and it is being incorrectly rounded to a whole number. The column t...

Powerbuilder 11.5, PNG pictures and Terminal server 2008 (or Vista) problem
Hello Here's a correct view of a toolbar (PNG files) on a Vista PC (display settings are set to 16 bits colors) Here's the same menu when opening a remote connexion with TS client 6.1 from a XP PC to the Vista PC (display settings on the RDP files are also set to 16 bits colors and with all additionnal properties on the Advanced folder checked) Looks bad, no ? Strangely, the menu icons (the same PNG files) looks well Thank you for help begin 666 clip_image001.jpg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_VP!#``H'!P@'!@H(" @+&...

Web resources about - Problem with Power Builder 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Audi says fixing diesel emission problem is simple
... Green , Audi , Porsche , Volkswagen , Emissions , Diesel , Luxury Audi believes a simple fix might be enough to solve the emissions problem ...

"I say, folks, you know, I’m sorry I did this to you, but you’ve got to get used to it. It’s one of those ...
"I’m going to win. ... You know, I’m not one of these other guys that goes down. I don’t go down. I go up." Donald Trump says get used to it ...

Trump: If GOP Does Not Stick to Our Deal ‘They’re Going to Have Problems’
Trump: If GOP Does Not Stick to Our Deal 'They're Going to Have Problems'

Microsoft has an emoji problem
Microsoft increasingly has an emoji problem as the company's Windows 10 operating system lacks the latest set of characters. Emoji are, essentially, ...

The junk problem is bigger than oil
Some have written off the high-yield concerns as a mere effect of crude oil's slide. But that analysis appears to be badly off base.

Communication is a problem that can’t be fixed
... will best take advantage of the year ahead. Whether you have or not, I invite you to take a few seconds right now to think about what problems ...

Guilty verdict for Oklahoma ex-cop in serial rape trial: A national problem
Christian Science Monitor Guilty verdict for Oklahoma ex-cop in serial rape trial: A national problem Christian Science Monitor A former Oklahoma ...

3 and Out: Three big picture problems for the Patriots
... form Search 51° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN 3 and Out: Three big picture problems ...

In Ghana, the global problem of e-waste has local consequences
Consumers have a nasty habit of throwing out their electronics as soon as newer, shinier models become available, and they rarely ever do so ...