Problem with PB 7.0 And MS SQL Server 7.0 ODBC

I am having some problem using PowerBuilder 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 and
ODBC. Arguments to datawindows and nested SQL doesn't seem the work
properly.
The following is some lines from the ODBC trace-file:

SELECT report.reportkey,
         report.reporttype,
         report.reportname
FROM report
WHERE
    exists (SELECT reportparam.reportkey FROM reportparam
                WHERE ( reportparam.reportkey = report.reportkey ) AND
 reportparam.paramtype = ? ))
ORDER BY report.reportname
VCHAR Length=4 ID=:as_paramtype *test* (10 MilliSeconds)
 Error 999 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE = 37000
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Syntax error or access violation

It works well with Access97 and it also works if i declare the
retrieval-argument as "String array" instead of "String", but I have this
type of query in a lot of places.

The versions I use is:
PowerBuilder: 7.0 Build 6012
ODBC-driver: 3.70.06.23

I would really appreciate some help!

TIA

Peter

0
Peter

PB 7.0 and MS-SQL Server 7.0 login problem
I am having a problem connecting my app to the MS SQL-Server database. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing. From my computer, it connects just finewith no login box. When I try to connect from a different computer, a login window pops up with "Admin" as the log in name. The database should be using a trusted connection from a computer within the domain. The user on the computer is successfully logged into the (NT 4) domain. Any ideas what I am failing to do? Hi, You must provide a valid login id on the other PC you specified and this login must ...

PROBLEM with PB 7.0.3 AND SQL SERVER 7.0 USING SQL CURSOR
I am having a problem running a sql command with a cursor with Native drivers for MS sql Server 7.0.If i use ODBC or take out the order by clause in the statement it works fine By the way I am running powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009 The error code is : (Error 10008 (DB-Library) DB-Library Severity Level 9 Message Text ad token from SQL Server: Datastream processing out of synchronization) here a sample of the code DECLARE cur_Sec1 CURSOR FOR SELECT DISTINCT COL1,COL2 FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1 = ??? ORDER BY COL1 ASC ; <<<<<<<<<<< ...

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

PB 7.0.2 and MS SQL Server 7.0
Hello everyone, I am running PB 7.0.2 (Build 8046) and I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server 7.0 database. I can connect to the database via ODBC with no problems, but when I attempt to use the MS SQL Client Software 7.0, I get an error "Could not connect to database." Is SQL Client Software v7.0 even supported with PB 7x or do I have to go to 6.0 of SQL Client? -- Thanks, Daryl L. Avery Development Technologies Consultant Software Spectrum, Inc. E-mail: Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com Website: SoftwareSpectrum.com Voice: (972) 864-5114 Fax: (972) 864-3292 ...

PB 7.0 Client Cursor and MS SQL Server 7.0
We are in the process of migrating from MS SQL 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 and are running with PB 7.0 build 5031. Our PB application uses a cursor which works fine with MS SQL 6.5 but we are getting the following error with MS SQL 7.0 when we open the cursor: SQLCODE = -1 SQLDBCODE = 999 SQLERRTEXT= "34000[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid cursor name" Is there a different database connection setting, different way to set up transaction object, different setting on ODBC connection, or something else that we should be doing or looking at when we go...

PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored procedure. I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no difficulties. This app has datawindows that are running off of stored procs. But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power other datawindows) I get the following message: Cannot create DataWindow 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow' If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help. BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Serv...

PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures
I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored procedure. I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no difficulties. This app has datawindows that are running off of stored procs. But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power other datawindows) I get the following message: Cannot create DataWindow 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow' If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help. BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Ser...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PB 7.0 MS SQL 7.0 Uniqueidentifier
Hello I have a problem with with uniqueidentifier column. I have table with one uniqueidentifier columne when I try to run select like this within database painter: select * from table_name; I have an error about using embeded SQL. The same SQL runned within aplication dosn't raise an errror but value from uniqueidentifier column is truncated. Help. (PB 7.0, MS SQL 7.0, OLE DB - SQLOLEDB) ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

[...]

Web resources about - Problem with PB 7.0 And MS SQL Server 7.0 ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Serious fox problem near Yass Gorge
Residents seek help, saying fox epidemic is threatening the native biodiversity. &nbsp;

STEM Crisis: NSW Education Minister Adrian Piccoli to focus on STEM's image problem
They are seen as domains for &quot;geniuses&quot;, &quot;geeks&quot;, &quot;nerds&quot; and &quot;not for girls&quot;. And it's holding the nation ...

Recharge Wrap-up: Formula E battery award, Tesla NOx problem
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Motorsports , Plants/Manufacturing , Tesla , Emissions , Fuel Efficiency , Technology , Electric Williams ...

"Old-timers, guys that are 60-plus, have no problem with a gang shower and whatever."
"The Gen X-ers are a little bit more sensitive to what they’re spending and what they’re expecting. And the millennials, these are the special ...

Apple's App Store has a copyright problem
... then made more apps — all of which are paid-for — and Raub says Apple is unwilling to help this time. 9to5Mac points out that this problem ...

Rahm Emanuel op-ed: I own the problem of police brutality, and I'll fix it
Chicago is facing a defining moment on the issues of crime and policing and the even larger issues of truth and justice. To meet this moment, ...

Out-Of-Town Trip In The Nissan LEAF — No Problem
... driving to St. Petersburg, to Tampa, or south to Venice or Englewood is gone. The [&hellip Out-Of-Town Trip In The Nissan LEAF — No Problem ...

Michigan GOPer Blames School Problems On Black Children
Michigan state Senator Marty Knollenberg decided he'd be a wise guy and blame failing school districts on African-American kids during a debate. ...

Responsible Gun Owners Are Part Of The Problem
A Responsible Gun Owner took offense to my use of the hashtag #GunsAreTheEnemy on Facebook and wrote defending his ri...