Problem with MS Access in Database Painter

Ok... having a problem and have no idea what the deal is.

I've got an access database that I've connected to in development.  Using
PB 6.5 and access 97.  Powerbuilder is connecting to the database
fine.  However, it is doubling the length of all access TEXT defined
fields.  As well... I'm not able to manipulate the table structure (i.e.
change a datatype definition of a column) from the database painter.

The database doesn't have any restrictions set on it as far as privledges
etc.

Do I have an outdated driver ?? Anyone have any ideas?

William_Shiers

Problem with MS Access in Database Painter #2
Ok... having a problem and have no idea what the deal is. I've got an access database that I've connected to in development. Using PB 6.5 and access 97. Powerbuilder is connecting to the database fine. However, it is doubling the length of all access TEXT defined fields. As well... I'm not able to manipulate the table structure (i.e. change a datatype definition of a column) from the database painter. The database doesn't have any restrictions set on it as far as privledges etc. Do I have an outdated driver ?? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Ms Access Database Problem
 Hello Friendsi am using ms-acess database in my asp.net with c# application. It is working fine locally. but after upload published website to url. it has some problemMy application fetch data from database. but when i do insert or update opration to database its give error.is there any setting i have to do? or can any body give me solutionThanks in Advaace  You need to grant write access to the folder that the database in for the user account that IIS runs under when executing the asp code, typically IUSR_MACHINE.Remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post if it helped you. ...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Update problem with MS Access database
I am using Formview for inserting and updating database.  I can insert data but I couldn't update.  Can somebody help? <asp:FormView ID="FormView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="myDs"  DefaultMode="Edit" DataKeyNames="EventID"> <EditItemTemplate> <asp:labeL runat="server" ID="l1" CssClass="calLabel" Width="100px">Title:</asp:labeL> <asp:TextBox ID="Event" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Title") %>'></a...

Problems with comments in the PowerBuilder database painter
I am having a problem with the database painter in PowerBuilder 7.03. When I use eithe the // or the /* */ comments in the database painter, it seems to ignore the comments and run the commented text. This used to work fine and ignore the commented text but all of a sudden it started ignoring the comment. For instance, if I commented out the line //select * from {table_name} it would return the results as if there was no comment there. Did I change a setting somewhere or is there something else that could have caused this? Many thanks in advance!!! Todd Nirenstein Todd....

Problems with comments in the PowerBuilder database painter
I am having a problem with the database painter in PowerBuilder 7.03. When I use eithe the // or the /* */ comments in the database painter, it seems to ignore the comments and run the commented text. This used to work fine and ignore the commented text but all of a sudden it started ignoring the comment. For instance, if I commented out the line //select * from {table_name} it would return the results as if there was no comment there. Did I change a setting somewhere or is there something else that could have caused this? Many thanks in advance!!! Todd Nirenstein ...

Problem using MS Access as database
I encountered several problems when I use MS Access as my database:- (1) all decimals are missing when I use pipeline to update the tables, (2) datawindow is incorrectly responsed - e.g. I have modified only one field in my datawindow, PB generated a SQL statement that update all fields in the datawindow, causing relationship error (I have some integrity check built between tables). Would anyone tell me how to cater this ? I am using PB 7.0.3 and connect MS Access 97 database via the newest ODBC driver from Microsoft. Thanks a lot. Thanks a lot. Which subject? -- Simon C...

Problems accessing access database
Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. When several users access the access database the second user tries to open you will receive a message that says there is a table that is exclusivly open by another user, so we can not open the document. How to make it work with databases. Is it possible that you are using an 4.90SP1 client? If yes, you should use 4.90SP1a instead -- Marcel (using XanaNews 1.16.1.6) I can resist everything but temptation >Running netware 6.1 with SP1A. Actually 6.5 I suspect. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://sup...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Problem in accessing access database
Hi  I am establishing connection with MS access. MS Access Database is placed in the same directory as the project.Connection string is " "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=testdb.mdb"   But I am getting the error  the file "testdb.mdb" not found   Can anyone please tell me what is wrong with the connection string Regards KaranRegardsKaran GuptaFor .net,Javascript and Sql server articles and interview question visithttp://guptakaran21.googlepages.com/main Try putting the DB in the APP_Data folder or changing 'testdb.mdb&#...

ipieline into ms access 97 database problem
I have created an application (machine code based exe) that does pipeline some data into a MS access Jet database that I have created using my Nt workstation on the network. the application runs fine on mchine regardless of running the exe or va PB. However the same aplication exe on a diffrent machine gives me start error of 17 . which I often associate with exclusive lock. The applicaton can read /drop the Access table concerned but can not pipeline to that table! What did I do wrong? If it were user ID problem with reqgard to sqlca.userid, the same exe on my mchine would hav...

import database from oracle to ms access through powerbuilder..!!
Hi everybody, environment: Powerbuilder8.0 Oracle8i MS Access XP I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through powerbuilder. Can somebody tell me how i can do this.. Thanks, Noaman Mughal Pipeline object. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 4 Sep 2003 19:00:40 -0700, "noaman mughal" <noaman_mughal@msn.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >environment: >Powerbuilder8.0 >Oracle8i >MS Access XP > >I want to import data and tables from Oracle to MS Access through >powerbuilder....

Web resources about - Problem with MS Access in Database Painter - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner'
Boston Herald Ben Carson calls for a database on 'every foreigner' Boston Herald Republican presidential candidate, Dr, Ben Carson, center, ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Donald Trump is Under Media Assault for Suggesting ‘Muslim Database,’ But Here’s What He Says About It ...
"Donald Trump's plan for a Muslim database draws comparison to Nazi Germany"...