Problem with Datawindow Stored Procedure Closing in Oracle

  Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a
stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle
is reporting that the cursor does not close (even if this
window and datawindow are destroyed?).  Is there a manual
way to close the cursor (opened in a datawindow)?

Thanks
- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
0
Joe

What version of PB?

--
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19, 2004 - Minneapolis, MN
http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Got code samples?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce
3/8/2004 8:52:47 PM
PB8 on Oracle 9I

This is a strange problem where oracle is identifying a long
runnign process as a stored procedure which is only used as
a source for a datawindow.  Running the stored procedure
alone shows no problem.  The datawindow does not use
retrieve as needed etc, just a vanilia datawindow.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com

> What version of PB?
>
> Joe, Slawsky wrote:
> >
> >   Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a
> > stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but
> > Oracle is reporting that the cursor does not close (even
> > if this window and datawindow are destroyed?).  Is there
> > a manual way to close the cursor (opened in a
> > datawindow)?
> > Thanks
> > - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
> > www.planetdx.com
>
> --
> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19, 2004 -
> Minneapolis, MN
> http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Got code samples?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -
> Francis of Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org
0
Joe

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Oracle stored procedure problems with datawindows
Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a datawindow. when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised. The stored proc has two in variables and an inout. Has any one had this problem and found a solution. I had this problem. But I was necessary execute a stored procedure from the script. When I checked my connect string to Oracle database in the connect script and my connect string in the database profile I found a solution this problem. For example: My con...

problem with Oracle Stored procedure datawindow
Hi : I have a datawindow with a PL/SQL stored procedure that uses REF cursors. There is one block in the PL/SQL script that has its own exception handling code to essentially ignore the no_data_found condition. When this code is included the datawindow causes a GPF. IF I don't include the code the datawindow does not GPF, but the procedure ends without really completing the process and hence no data is retrieved . I am using Oracle 8i database and Powerbuilder 7.0.1 Any tips/work arounds are greatly appreciated Thanks Medha Pai Can you show some code? -- ...

Problem in creating stored procedure datawindow in oracle
Hi Everybody, I am using OBDC driver to connect to ORACLE( 10g Release 2 ) for my Power Builder( PB8 ) application. I have created following package and stored procedure CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE a_demo IS TYPE my_result_set IS REF CURSOR RETURN work_orders%ROWTYPE; END a_demo; CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE proc_demo (out_result IN OUT a_demo.my_result_set) AS BEGIN OPEN out_result FOR SELECT * FROM work_orders; END proc_demo; But when iam creating datawindow through this stored procedure, it is giving error like Cannot Create Datawindow 'SQLSTATE = 37000 ...

PowerBuilder 8 and Oracle 8 Stored Procedure Datawindow
I worked many years with Sql Server and it was easy to do, but I don't know how to do in Oracle: How a Oracle 8 Stored Procedure can return to PowerBuilder 8 the result of a query or a recordset (in Sql Server is as easy as put a select sentence at the end of the procedure). I don't want to use temporary tables for a concurrence issue. Can anyone give me a help? Thanks in advance, Ra�l La Torre You need a REF CURSOR. See enclosed datawindow examples. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product ...

Oracle Stored Procedure Problem
I have this procedure in ORACLE 7.3: PROCEDURE TEST_1 (ID in number, EmpCV in out Test.EmpCursor) is begin open EmpCV for select * from Employee where Emp_ID <= ID order by Emp_ID; end;; Is there any way to call this procedure through PB DB Administrator Painter? I tried execute TEST_1 (0); but normally it ends with 'Select error: This cursor based stored procedure has no columns' However, if you create DW from this procedure and immediately after that call the procedure through PB DB Administrator Painter like above it works! Evidently PB does some prepari...

Oracle store procedure problem
Hello: I'm working in PowerBuilder6 against Oracle8 and I have a store procedure in the database that this presenting some problems. I want to know if some tool exists that allows me to debug it and if it exists, as is its name? where I can obtain it? Please help me ! Diego Alvarez dlalvarez@epm.net.co Both Platinum and Compuware have products that help with sp debugging. Thanks Doug ! Doug Stone escribi� en mensaje <5MtA$fr99GA.150@forums.powersoft.com>... >Both Platinum and Compuware have products that help with sp debugging. > > >...

Datawindow with Stored Procedure Problem
I get the message "Select error: Requested result set number 1 not found" from a datawindow when my Stored Procedure does not get a result set. It works fine when there is data returned. Normally, when no data is returned I just get zero rows returned without an error message. The Stored Procedure works fine when no data is returned outside of PB. I am using PB 7.0.2 C3 with Sybase 11. Any one have any thoughts on this one? TIA Ted Jones If you are using a datawindow, you HAVE to have a result set. That result set could contain 0 rows. If your stored procedure has a...

Problem with stored procedure datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have converted a datawindow that had a SQL Select to a Stored = Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML generator. Now the = datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the = datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have = even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does = not return any rows. The SQL Select dat...

Stored Procedure
Hi, I created a datawindow by using stored proc as datasource in PB 6.0. Db is sqlany 5.5.04. On one machine, when I tried to retrieve same datawindow from same database, it is retrieving. But on another machine, it's giving me the error column list do not match. Is it related to pbodb60.ini file? Or with Powerbuilder profile( dbparm )? I tried to change static bind = 0 to 1, but result is same. Has anyone seen before? What is the problem? TIA -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id ...

problem with a stored procedure datawindow
I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never had any problem except with one. This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes invalid. The error is : ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601] ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored| which seems to be an internal error... I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and re-start it but the problem is still the same. Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed. Can the problem be ...

Datawindow against Stored Procedure problem
Has anyone had problems creating a datawindow against a database stored procedure? I have a simple stored procedure that returns a result set. When I try to create a tabular datawindow against the stored procedure, I click 'finish' and PocketBuilder simply disappears (without even the standard 'do you want to send the report to Microsoft' dialog box!). Thanks! Michael Frank ASA9 version 9.0.2 build 3044 PocketBuilder 2.0.1 build 688 I have no problems with this (I am running ASA 9.0.2.3124 in my tests). "Michael Frank" <mfrank.removeme...

Oracle stored procedure problems
I'm using this article as reference: http://www.code101.com/Code101/DisplayArticle.aspx?cid=22 Here's what I got: Stored Procedure: -------- CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE ALLBASE.GetOrgOnlyData(OrgCur  IN Out ALLBASE.PKG_ORGANIZATIONS.cORG) AS BEGIN  Open OrgCur For Select * FROM ALLBASE.V_ORG; END; Error: -------- ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'SP_GETALLORG' ORA-06550: line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored aspx page: -------- <script language="C#"  Debug=...

Problem with Oracle Stored Procedure
Hi, I am using PB 9 Build 5507 and Oracle 9i. I have a SP source attached below, it accepts 6 input parameters including a REF CURSOR. I am dynamically building a select statement where i am including the input parameters and a column from a table. I am having problem with the string parameters when i am trying to run the DataWindow. I get the error message "Invalid Identifier" If i include only the numeric values it runs ok. Can u please, please help. CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE sp_psy_anal_imports_maint (ai_from_year IN NUMBER DEFAULT NULL, ai_to_year IN NUMBER D...

Web resources about - Problem with Datawindow Stored Procedure Closing in Oracle - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo