Problem with datawindow & large fields

I have an SQL table that contains a TEXT field (in mySQL).  This field
should be able to hold ALOT of characters, but my datawindow gives me this
error if there are more than 255 characters in the field:

    Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (476)

    No changes made to database.

    UPDATE article SET article_text = ? WHERE article_id = ? AND
article_name = ? AND
     article_author = ? AND article_date = ? AND article_url IS NULL

I have the limit set to 2000 in the Limit section (under the Edit tab), so
this should work.
I am pretty sure that the problem is with PowerBuilder because I can insert
a large field in this table using other SQL clients.  How do I solve this
problem?

Chris Tilden

0
Chris

Chris,

Try adding "disablebind=1" to your dbparm.

--
Regards,
Millard[Team Sybase]

Chris Tilden wrote in message ...
>I have an SQL table that contains a TEXT field (in mySQL).  This field
>should be able to hold ALOT of characters, but my datawindow gives me this
>error if there are more than 255 characters in the field:
>
>    Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (476)
>
>    No changes made to database.
>
>    UPDATE article SET article_text = ? WHERE article_id = ? AND
>article_name = ? AND
>     article_author = ? AND article_date = ? AND article_url IS NULL
>
>I have the limit set to 2000 in the Limit section (under the Edit tab), so
>this should work.
>I am pretty sure that the problem is with PowerBuilder because I can insert
>a large field in this table using other SQL clients.  How do I solve this
>problem?
>
>Chris Tilden

0
Millard
12/28/1999 3:50:57 AM
it worked!  thanks

Chris Tilden

Millard F. Brown III [TeamSybase] <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:$#tSyXOU$GA.172@forums.sybase.com...
> Chris,
>
> Try adding "disablebind=1" to your dbparm.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Millard[Team Sybase]
> Power3 - Custom Enterprise Training
>

> Chris Tilden wrote in message ...
> >I have an SQL table that contains a TEXT field (in mySQL).  This field
> >should be able to hold ALOT of characters, but my datawindow gives me
this
> >error if there are more than 255 characters in the field:
> >
> >    Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (476)
> >
> >    No changes made to database.
> >
> >    UPDATE article SET article_text = ? WHERE article_id = ? AND
> >article_name = ? AND
> >     article_author = ? AND article_date = ? AND article_url IS NULL
> >
> >I have the limit set to 2000 in the Limit section (under the Edit tab),
so
> >this should work.
> >I am pretty sure that the problem is with PowerBuilder because I can
insert
> >a large field in this table using other SQL clients.  How do I solve this
> >problem?
> >
> >Chris Tilden

0
Chris

Printing Problems for Datawindow contain large fields
I am using PB4.0.7 with SQL Anywhere 5.5. I have two problems in report printing that contain large data fields (like 100 lines with 65 char each) 1. When the large data field is printed across 2 page, the last line in the first page is splitted into two halves (i.e. upper half in the first page and lower half in the second page). 2. When using autosize height for data field, it seems it will trim the preceeding spaces automaically. For example: The data reads as this in the multiline box if no autosize height set. This is line one. This is line two with some space at the b...

Powerbuilder Nested datawindow Page Number & Overlap problem
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 Oracle 8 If one of the nested datawindow is carried over to next page, the page number is supposed to be incremented. But it comes up with previous page number. The page number shown on the report is page 1, 2, 2, 4. Is there any way I can get around in version 6.0.00. I tried this in PB version 6.5. It works correctly. If I migrate my project to version 6.5, is there any known migration problem?? (The reason is I tried to migrate a project from PB 4.0 to PB 5.0.4. The match function is not working the same as PB 4 or PB 6. I got a GPF error wh...

Problem in datawindows fields
Yesterday I tried to explain my problem in English but It wasn't=20 understood, so I repeat my question in French if you understand it :=20 Dans une data window, j'ai 4 colonnes de commentaires saisissables par=20 l'utilisateur. Je souhaiterais que lorsque l'utilisateur arrive =E0 la fin = du=20 premiers commentaires, sa saisie se poursuive dans le 2=B0, puis dans le 3= =B0,=20 etc... Je sais faire une reprise saisie sur le champ suivant mais mon pb=20 est que je ne sais pas comment d=E9tecter que l'utilisateur est =E0 la fin = de=20 sa zone. La zone est bien d=E9...

^%$@&#&#%#
I am just about ready to pitch this piece-of-shit machine in the river. I am running in diagnostic mode as I type. How can anyone operate in 640x480??? ;) I am running Windows 98, Celeron 533, 256ram, 20gig HDD; the HDD is partitioned using Partition Magic (primary contains OS and working apps; logical is storage - only cross over is X-News and e-mail archive). I had problems last week I could not recover from, so I reformated and reloaded the c: drive. Everything seemed OK. I should also mention that I have checked the HDD and all seems find, though Norton did fi...

EAS & datawindow problem
Hi everyone, I'm working with EAS 3.5 on Sun Solaris using ORACLE ( JDBC). One of my object has function of_getfullstate who looks like this: datastore l_ds SQLCA.DBMS = 'JDS' SQLCA...... l_ds.dataobject = as_dataobject l_ds.Retrieve() When dataobject containt autosizeheight to TRUE (On detail band), EAS server seem to freeeze. Anyone knows if is EAS bug or i have to do something more in my code ? Thank you in advanced AFAIK autosizing does not work in the browser environment so just turn it off. Francois wrote: > Hi everyone, > ...

Problem Font in datawindow field
I hv a problem that user need to input some symbol eg. ? to an edit field but i found it can't work. How i can solve it !? Many Thanks, JJ What type is the column? If it's numeric, you can only type 0-9, comma, decimal, plus, minus. JJ wrote in message ... >I hv a problem that user need to input some symbol eg. ? to an edit field >but i found it can't work. How i can solve it !? > >Many Thanks, >JJ > > > It is a character field ... "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:A19rNnahCHA...

Problem with Oracle & Datawindow
Hi Everyone, I have a datawindow accessing an Oracle stored procedure that resides in an Oracle package. The package/procedure header within the datawindow is declared as follows... execute cmn_pkgWhatsNew.CSDGETWHATSNEW;0 I_APP = :I_APP The procedure in the Oracle package is declared as follows... PROCEDURE CSDGetWhatsNew (i_app IN cmn_tapp_whats_new_version.app_cd%TYPE, io_resultset IN OUT resultset_cur); When I run the datawindow from the datawindow painter it works fine. But when I run it from an application I get the following error... PLS-00306: wrong number...

problem with field entry in datawindow
hi ! i hv a question as below :- i hv a field with char(200) and i want to fix the entry with 4 row x 50 chars. How can i do it !? many thanks JJ Break up the real column in the SQL into four computed columns. Re-assemble them into the real column (not shown on the datawindow) before you Update(). JJ wrote in message ... >hi ! > >i hv a question as below :- >i hv a field with char(200) and i want to fix the entry with 4 row x 50 >chars. How can i do it !? > >many thanks >JJ > > ...

Datawindow print large field
im using powerbuilder 11.5 i got a datawindow with a edit field rich text style, sometimes this field can be a bit large and when i retrieve the datawindow it show great on screen, when i got to printpreview the page break are all change. it happens when the field its to large to fit in the current page and goes to the next page where it can it the whole field there, i want to be able to split it between the two pages. Its there a way that i can force to keep the page break shown on the datawindow before printpreview. i've tried with nested reports too btw. thank you On...

TextBox.Text Problem, & is encoded to &amp;
Hi, All:  I have to write an big5 page. My Code is Me.TextBox1.Text = "&#12398;" and I hope in Browser I can Have <input name="TextBox1" type="text" value="&#12398;" id="TextBox1" />. But I have <input name="TextBox1" type="text" value="&amp;#12398;" id="TextBox1" /> Is there anyway to prevent TextBox to encode & to &amp; ? Thanks for help. Bike     Use Me.TextBox1.Text = Server.HtmlEncode("&#12398;")  This should solve your problem. howdy, You can use TextBox1.Text = Server.UrlDecode("&#12398;") to enforce t...

Problem with displaying fields in RTF Datawindow
Hi, i have a datawindow in RTF presentation style and external source. I have to print a letter and in this letter, I have to enter some data which is located in a Textfile. I put the fields where this data has to come between the text in my datawindow. Now, I imported this file with Importfile but when I print my DW, the fields (where the data should be) contains nothing but "??". The rest of the text is printed as it should be. However, when I extract a field with getitemxxx, it's filled correctly after the Importfile. They just don't seem to map on the window. ...

problems with general understanding of datawindow and graph
Hi, I am sorry for all this bsic questions about the same problem. I try to explain it as detailed as I can. what I want to do: I want to find out how many (different) rows are in my table 'elements'. my table looks like: id desc date 1 text1 1.1.99 2 text2 1.1.99 3 text3 1.1.99 4 text1 1.1.99 5 text1 1.1.99 what should a user see : he is interested in how many elements have been ordered . he needs a list similar to that. top10 product_name orders 1 text1 3 2 text2 ...

Problem with ShareData( ) & Inherited DataWindow
Has anyone tried using the ShareData( ) method on a user control (that inherits from DataWindow)? I'm fairly new to OOP, but assume my user control should support the IDataWindowBase Interface as it inherits from a DataWindow control... am I correct? I get the error (Additional information: ShareData specified an invalid argument.) when using the following: // x and y are my user controls that inherit from the DataWindow control: x.CreateDataWindow("parts.sql") x.SetTransaction(sqlca) x.ShareData(y) Thanks, Dave what is your problem? //Detail to DW...

Datawindow & resultset conversion Problem
Hey, I am using PB 7.0 Build 7024. I am having a problem when I retrieve from the database with a datawindow, then convert it to a resultset and finally convert it back to a datawindow. I am converting it to a resultset so I can pass the information between components. I am creating the resultset with the 'generateresultset' method and re-establishing the datawindow with the 'createfrom' method. THE PROBLEM: All of my conversions are working correctly, but when I try to retrieve a value (with dot notation or Getitemstring) that is NULL from the new datawindow, ...

Web resources about - Problem with datawindow & large fields - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo