Problem with Datawindow control in PB 8.0

Hello,

  Waht the hell wrong with PB8.0 datawindow control????????????.Recently we
migrated from 6.5 to 8.0 and some datawindow control have vertical
scrolling.When we tab out of each fieldthe dw control used to scroll
automatically ..this is fien and working in pb 6.5...but after migration this
doen not work!!!!!!..we can't see field when we tab out...we have to manually
pull the scroll bar......HELP US>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DAN
Dan

Which build of PB8 do you have?  Can you replicate this on every scrollable
datawindow?

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

"Dan" <dhan_vg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
>   Waht the hell wrong with PB8.0 datawindow control????????????.Recently
we
> migrated from 6.5 to 8.0 and some datawindow control have vertical
> scrolling.When we tab out of each fieldthe dw control used to scroll
> automatically ..this is fien and working in pb 6.5...but after migration
this
> doen not work!!!!!!..we can't see field when we tab out...we have to
manually
> pull the scroll bar......HELP US>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>

> DAN

Paul
3/26/2003 2:17:00 PM
Its pb8.0 build 6028 and its happening in all scrollable datawindows....

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:17:00 -0500,
Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote:
>Which build of PB8 do you have?  Can you replicate this on every scrollable
>datawindow?
>
>--
>Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>VCI   Springfield, MA
>www.vcisolutions.com
>

>"Dan" <dhan_vg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>>   Waht the hell wrong with PB8.0 datawindow control????????????.Recently
>we
>> migrated from 6.5 to 8.0 and some datawindow control have vertical
>> scrolling.When we tab out of each fieldthe dw control used to scroll
>> automatically ..this is fien and working in pb 6.5...but after migration
>this
>> doen not work!!!!!!..we can't see field when we tab out...we have to
>manually
>> pull the scroll bar......HELP US>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>

>> DAN
>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Dan
3/26/2003 2:28:18 PM
The first thing I can recommend is an upgrade to the latest EBF - 8.0.3
It's available from downloads.sybase.com.

--

> Its pb8.0 build 6028 and its happening in all scrollable datawindows....
>
> On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:17:00 -0500,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote:
> >Which build of PB8 do you have?  Can you replicate this on every
scrollable
> >datawindow?
> >
> >--
> >Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
> >VCI   Springfield, MA
> >www.vcisolutions.com
> >

> >"Dan" <dhan_vg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >>   Waht the hell wrong with PB8.0 datawindow
control????????????.Recently
> >we
> >> migrated from 6.5 to 8.0 and some datawindow control have vertical
> >> scrolling.When we tab out of each fieldthe dw control used to scroll
> >> automatically ..this is fien and working in pb 6.5...but after
migration
> >this
> >> doen not work!!!!!!..we can't see field when we tab out...we have to
> >manually
> >> pull the scroll bar......HELP US>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>

> >> DAN
> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Paul
3/26/2003 2:33:37 PM
Known issue... as Paul said... upgrade and you won't have those issues with
scrolling.
0
William_Shiers

Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1?
Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1? You might want to repost this over in the powerbuilder.general section and be a little more specific about the type of printing issues that you are looking for the fix for. On Fri, 24 May 2002 17:55:42 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion John <John> wrote: >Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

PB 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 problem
We upgraded PB 8.0.1 build 9056 to PB 8.0.2 build 9506. Since this upgrade, our tab pages and buttons do not work anymore. We click on them and nothing happen. This is only since we upgraded. Did anyone have the same problem or something simular? Is there any documentation? help!! Did u Full Rebuild your application after upgrade?if not do a full rebuild HTH Ashok On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:19:26 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Michel Gingras <michelgingras@videotron.ca> wrote: >We upgraded PB 8.0.1 build 9056 to PB 8.0.2 build 9506. Since this upgra...

PB 8.0 Datawindow Problem
Hello All, I have problem in Datawindow's in PB 8.0. First we had migrated the database of our appliation from Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.3 to Syabase Adaptive Enterprise 12.0. The connection was successfully established from PB 8.0 database painter and I could run all the SQL's. But when I open a datawindow and click SQL, it opens in graphical mode. When I select convert to Syntax, the Sql appears in syntax mode. Then for the second time when I open the datawindow and click SQL, Powerbuilder 8.0 hangs. This is happening only for datawindows with more than one table. ...

Updating from PB 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 Problem
After upgrading to PB 8.0.2 (9506) our application crashes in the SQLPREVIEW event. The problem occurs when we set the databoject (This.DataObject = ls_SearchDw) end then return. In PB 8.0.1 (9056) everything works fine. Do not use 8.02 it had many bugs. Download 8.0.3 and try that. regards ... Chris "M. Schr�der" <M._Schr0xL194zder> wrote in message news:4460D68A59111DCE0031CCC085256C5A.0031CCEA85256C5A@webforums... > After upgrading to PB 8.0.2 (9506) our application crashes in the > SQLPREVIEW event. > The problem occurs when we set the d...

ScrollToRow() problem after migrating from PB 5.0 to PB 8.0
I have migrated an application from PB 5.0 to PB 8.0.Have couple of master/detail screens so use scrolltorow for manipulation.That worked fine in PB 5.0 does not work properly after migration. Is that a PB 8.0 bug ,is there anything that I can do as I need the scrolltorow functionality. Thanks Ann Can you define "does not work properly" a little more precisely? Does it not scroll? Does it not scroll to the right row? Does it blow up? It "works" for me in several apps, so you're probably going to have to be more specific than that. There has been a k...

Problem Graph Datawindow in PB 8.0
On the bar graph datawindow when entreing same amount for different columns, the graph is displayed with only one column. It merges the columns into one. Could anyone please help on this. ...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

PB 8.0.3 datawindow scroll problem
I am wondering why the datawindow fix for the vertical scrollbar on report datawindows was removed in Powerbuilder 8.0.3. I noticed that the 8.0.3 fixes readme says it is fixed in this version but it isn't. I am referring to the problem where clicking on the down arrow doesn't work for report datawindows where the detail band height is zero. I have many reports where the detail band height is zero. Is there going to be a patch for this problem like there was for PB 8.0.2 or is there a workaround?? Thanks in advance, Bill You have to Open the Datawindow change somethin...

Problem with Datawindow SaveAs HTML in PB 8.0.3
We are having a problem doing a DW SaveAs in the HTML format in PB 8.0.3, in that it messes up the column positions when we try to use the Datawindow SaveAs HTML functionality. We never had this problem with the 7.x and earlier versions. Would like to know if any of you faced a similar problem? It sure looks like an 8.0.x issue but just need some confirmation before we call Sybase Helpline. Thanks Somu Chandran ...

PB 8.0.1 PBNative Source Control Problem
I use PBNative Source Control in PB Enterprise 8.0.1; all *.PBLs are on my local disc, , *.sr* files are located on network disc. I had problems with disc, so I had to overwrite my PBL-s on the local disc. I expected that "Get Latest Version" option will synchronise object versions in my PBL using *.sr* from the network disc. But PB has problem with recognition: which object has been changed, which not. When I use "Get Latest Version" for a single object that, I'm sure, was changed, the CheckBox is not checked; but when I check it then PowerBuilder gets the lates...

PB 7.0 & Oracle 8 datawindow creation problem
Hello, I am using PB 7.0 Enterprise with Oracle 8.0. While creating reports using datawindow painter with options Group -> SQL Select, datawindow gets created successfully but if I try to change the height of Header/footer band, PB immediately gets crashed with a message that 'Your application has performed an illegal operaion and will be shut down' details button shows 'Invalid page fault'. Now, I am at such a stage of development that I cannot change my development tool. Please help me urgently. Tushar bhatttushar@hotmail.com bhatttushar@yahoo.com ...

PB 8.0.2 9506 DataWindow Vertical Scrolling Problem
Has anyone experienced a problem with scrolling datawindows? We have an application in PB 8.0.2 Build 9506 that periodically (and reproducably) if you click and hold down the scroll down arrow on the vertical scroll bar will cause the datawindow to continuously scroll; going to the bottom and automatically restarting at the top, and then repeating over and over again? Phil Yandel Business Systems Consultant Household - technologies and services - Software Architecture (v) 630-521-6160 (f) 630-521-6127 (e) Philip.C.Yandel@Household.com I used to have that problem with pre-Build 95...

PB 8.0.2 vs. PB 8.0.4
We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB 8.0.4. Any recommendations? Have you looked at the fixes list associated with 8.0.3 and 8.0.4? Without knowing what your app does on a detailed level, it'd be hard for anyone to make a recommendation. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 19 Nov 2003 11:22:10 -0800, Brian Haake wrote: >We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB >8.0.4. Any recommendations? Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's T...

Web DataWindow, PB 8.0.2 (9506), edit mask problems
I'm testing the PowerBuilder 8.0.2 build 9506 web datawindow to see if we can upgrade from PB 7.0.3. The main problems I am seeing are with string columns that have edit masks on them. I have a Social Security column with an edit mask of '###-##-####'. I used to be able to enter '123456789' in that column and when I tabbed off it formatted the column to '123-45-6789'. With PB 8.0.2, I can't get it to accept the input no matter how I type it. The same is true with my phone number columns. Does anyone know of a work around for this? I would love t...

Web resources about - Problem with Datawindow control in PB 8.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo