problem setting focus to datawindow-column

I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these
dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to
the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen
correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw
on the screen!

When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well
as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of
all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the
focus is back on the screen. I know that I should put some
'dw_x.setcolumn(column)'-code when I want to set the focus, but I just don't
know when!

Who can help me?

please send replies to this NG as well as rjm_van_raaij@hotmail.com.

H@nk,

Are you changing column focus in any getfocus or losefocus events? You can
get stuck in a loop that way.

If your code to check the dw's is in a losefocus, post a function or event
call to the checking routines from the losefocus event.

If I'm misunderstanding your code, please post an example.

--
Regards,
Millard[Team Sybase]

H@nK wrote in message ...
>I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these
>dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to
>the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen
>correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first
dw
>on the screen!
>
>When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well
>as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events
of
>all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the
>focus is back on the screen. I know that I should put some
>'dw_x.setcolumn(column)'-code when I want to set the focus, but I just
don't
>know when!
>
>Who can help me?
>
>please send replies to this NG as well as rjm_van_raaij@hotmail.com.

0
Millard

Web resources about - problem setting focus to datawindow-column - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Java JNI - Real's HowTo