Problem Calling PowerBuilder COM objects in MTS from Java

We've created a COM object using Powerbuilder 6.5.  The object, called
"simple" does nothing more than return the integer 123 when we call a method
on it.

We've registered the object using regsvr32, and used JActiveX to create a
Java wrapper for this object.  Finally we created a little Java console app
which calls the object.  This all works fine.

No comes the problem...  When we register the object with MTS, we are no
longer able to call it.  We get a big JView program crash and Dr. Watson
comes up.

However, using Powerbuilder, we have no problem calling the object,
regardless of whether it's registered with MTS or not.

Has anybody tried calling COM objects registered on MTS via Java?  Do we
need to change something when we register it with MTS or when we compile it
with PB?  Any ideas on what we might be missing?

-Bill Chosiad
Acadia Software

0
Bill

Problem in creating powerbuilder 6.5 COM object hosted by MTS
Dear All, I am using Powerbuilder 6.5. We have COM object generated by PB (version 6.5) They all works fine... when these COM object is hosted by MTS then client can not create instance of the object(even from powerbuilder). Any special tips for using PB COM OBJECT in MTS? For your kind information. client of these objects are VB and IIS Thanks for you time Desai Well, I forgot to mention about O/S I m working with windows 2000 and trying to create object registered in component services. I also look at case id - 41049186. It has following four step and couldn?t un...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

PowerBuilder calling MTS GetObjectContext Problems
I am using PowerBuilder 6.0 to build NVO�s which I am deploying as components in Microsoft Transaction Server. I am able to deploy basic components, but I am having some trouble calling the �global� GetObjectContext() function out of mtxas.dll. This call is obviously necessary as the first step to being able to take advantage of the major features of MTS transactions. I have also tried calling the GetObjectContext() from mtxex.dll (where it seems to be an exposed interface) with no luck. Here�s what I AM doing which I know is not right, but gets me some limited functionality w...

Problems Building a PowerBuilder COM/MTS
Hi, I created a very simple PowerBuilder COM server (PB 8.0.3) that has an add function which takes two numbers, adds them, and returns the results. It also has 2 instance variables. After generating the COM object, I registered it on my own machine. I went into the object browser to look at my programmable objects, and saw my object. It was identified with a ProgID = 'PB080.Add.1.0'. However, none of the functions or instance variables were exposed. And, when I tried to access it from Powerbuilder using a ConnectToNewObject( 'PB080.Add.1.0' ), I get a -2, or &...

Calling Functions in a C++ COM object from Powerbuilder
This is a question posed by Pepsi any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob Baker Powersoft Custom Support We have a COM object coded in C++ which supports some common functions among the Pepsi applications, such as security, single signon and exception handling. Because the number of funcitons we have to support in this object, it is partitioned to support mutiple interfaces. In the object, only the primary interface supports the IDispatch interface because of the current COM limitation, and all the rest of the interfaces only support the IUnknown interface. We now have...

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Problem calling C# Assembly in Powerbuilder 10.5 via COM Interop
I've written a simple C# assembly that will authenticate against our Active Directory via LDAP using the DirectoryServices classes. I mocked up a C# WinForm app and it's able to use my assembly and authenticate via LDAP. No problems there. I created a Release build with ComVisible = True. Then I mocked up a PB app which will connect to the C# assembly using OleObject...the usual stuff as below. OleObject ole String lszDomain Boolean lbRet ole = create OleObject li_ret = ole.ConnectToNewObject("ldapwrapper.ldap") if li_ret <> 0 then destroy o...

Can we call Powerbuilder objects from "C" or "C++" or Java
Hi, We are moving our application to Web. We are using Java and Java beans. Our current application is running on Powerbuilder 6.5. We have very good reports generated in Powerbuilder. We want to call these reports from other middleware and also We want to call powerbuilder objects(business layers written in Userobjects) from C or Java. Please can you suggest me. Can you tell me how can call powerbuilder objects will be usefull in web development. Thanks If you put the NVO's into CORBA components in a Jaguar transaction server, any CORBA complient client can g...

COM+ problems with powerbuilder
I've got 2 applications. The one is a web page(not creatd in powerbuilder) that connects to a COM object. The COM object resides in my main Powerbuilder Application. I want to enter a parameter in the Wep Page that I want to send to my main powerbuilder application. I can connect to the COM object from the web page, but I can't access any windows or global variables in my main Powerbuilder application. In other words I can just bring up a MessageBox once I connect to the COM object, but when I try to access anything outside the COM nothing happens. The COM object resides in a...

powerbuilder com problem
im trying to build a pb com ( with pb 7.0.3 ) with function that has argument is ado recordset then call this function from asp passing ado recordset to it by i get error when calling this function it's return only error 'ffffdf2d' thanks ...

Calling Java from PowerBuilder???
We are planning to redesign our PowerBuilder application to a pure Java solution. Both applications, the PowerBuilder application and Java application, will be running concurrently during the redesign but we plan on disabling functionality from a modular level in the PowerBuilder application as it is redesigned and deployed in the Java solution. As the modules are redesigned can the new Java modules be called from PowerBuilder? This way the transition will be seamless to the user and we our maintenance gradly shifted to the Java solution. Thanks in advance -- Peace, Mic...

Powerbuilder COM object
Hi All, I am using powrbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following code in VB to call function from that DLL. Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg Dim ret As Integer ->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message End Sub Error message : Run Time Error 429 ActiveX component cant create object. Here is PB DLL detail: PB COM Server File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl PB COM Server Type: In Process Server Object :uo_msg COM ClassName:CoMsg Program ID:PB60CO...

Web resources about - Problem Calling PowerBuilder COM objects in MTS from Java - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles