PowerSoft Report and nested sub-report

I have an application including pre programmed reports. I want my customers
to be able to develop their own. I use Infomaker for that, and save the
report in PSR format.
There is a fonctionality in my aplication where the user can substitute a
standard report with its own report.
It works well, as far as there is no nested report included in the PSR
report.
I have seen in the doc that some 'precautions' should be taken to do that,
but did not realy understood what it means, and what I should do to have it
work.
I would appreciate some help on that.
Thanks in advance.
Claude (c.verstichel@pmigest.be)
0
Claude

I am not entirley sure of the problem you are experiancing, but I am
interested in what version of PB you are performing the PSR operation.
There is a problem with 8.0.1 I believe that causes a GPF when opening
PSRs.  My understanding is that it is fixed in 8.0.2 and 8.0.3.
Please include the version of PB you are using.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com

0
Joe_Slawsky
10/14/2002 3:01:30 PM
Still running under PB 6.5.
0
Claude

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

sub report in sub report
I’m trying to add a sub report to a sub report, I’m thinking this might not be possible So I’ve created a 2nd report with 1 sub report and added that to the first report as an existing report..make sense ? Still the sub report in the 2nd report does not show up Any ideas on this 1 ? You can have only 1 level subreports thats is u cant have a subreport in a subreport Refer this link http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/SSRSandCR_SubreportsFormatting.aspMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)
I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. I tried the following statements: dwobject ldw_report any la_data[] ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1] la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data // this statement fails, if there is no row if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ... How about: DataWindowChild ldwc tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc) IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN ..... Brad Dirk wrote: > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. > > I tried the following statements: > > dwobject ldw_r...

Sub Report in Sub Report (Urgent)
I want to Show Report Something like this Report1    Report2       Report3 Where report1 is linked with Report2, Report3 is linked with Report2 i have inserted Sub Report And when i try to insert Sub Report in This Sub Report it is allow to insert Sub Report Thanks...

Problem with getting syntax from nested reports saved as Powersoft reports.
Hi, I am having following problem. I want to get syntax from nested report saved as Powersoft report (PSR file) and I am getting invalid syntax. It works fine for single (simple) reports. I am not sure what is the problem. Given if I can get syntax of nested report, I suppose that I can share data with each of data window children. Thanks for help. ...

Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()
Hi All, I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . . I have a composite which contains three nested reports dw_letter -> nested_1 nested_2 -> nested_4 nested_3 I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using dot notation ls_user = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user id_col] I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g. To do this I need something like rowcount ll_max_rows = dw_letter....

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I hav...

How to call Sub report from main report with main report parameters
Using SSRS 2008 i have implemented a chart and i have passed parameters to chart properties --> jump report and i implemented a subreport. when ever i am clicking main report chart its redirecting to subreport but its not taking the parameters once again i need to select the subreport parameters then only its working.   Can any one help me how to move to the subreport along with parameters.   Thanks in advance  For further help with SSRS, you could ask at:SQL Server Team http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/ SQL Server Central http://www.sqlservercentral.com/ SQL Server at M...

GetChild returns -1 with nested reports in nested reports
We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 nested reports. When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports, the report with the nested reports returns -1. When we remove the nested reports all works fine. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?? We're using PB5.0.02. -- Greetings, Hans Groeneveld, TSD Automatisering B.V. h_groeneveld@tsd.nl Hans Groeneveld wrote: > > We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 > nested reports. > When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports,...

Nested report does not line op to the previous nested report
Hi everyone, I have a problem with lining up nested report. I created a composite report with 4 nested reports. The fist nested report is a free form report. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th report are grid reports. The 2nd grid report line up directly to data show in the 1st report. But 3rd and 4th report each start on a new page. But I do not want this. I want to line them up like 2nd report to the 1st report.. How can I solve this problem? I checked if the new page property is set for the repport, but this is not the case. They all have property 'autosize heigth' and 'slide dir...

NDS General Object Reports, Security Reports, Users and Groups Reports
--____WNUBBRTGWLGTREETXZYN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, What snapins do I need in ConsoleOne and where do I get them to = view/use the following objects: NDS General Object Reports NDS User Security Reports NDS Users and Groups Reports Thanks. --____WNUBBRTGWLGTREETXZYN____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____VUQESAZLRJFXXVSYDDUU____" --____VUQESAZLRJFXXVSYDDUU____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HE...

N-Up report with sub report
I'm using Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 7016 I created a N-Up report with data on 7 columns (Monday to sunday calendar) I added a subreport but the data is only shown for the first column. ID_1, ID_2, ID_3, ID_4, ID_5, ID_6, ID_7 The subreport is linked with the id_1 field I tried to add another subreport and link it with id_2 or higher but I always get an error (expression is not valid) How can I see the subreport data for each column? thanks Steph Check the column, there must be data mismatch, like you, one ID is number and in retrieval argument it may be different...

Web resources about - PowerSoft Report and nested sub-report - sybase.powerbuilder.general

DailyTech - BlackBerry Reports Sub-$1B Quarterly Revenue for Q4, Brings Back BlackBerry Bold Smartphone ...
This is the first time BlackBerry has had less than $1 billion in quarterly revenue since 2007.

IFPI Digital Music Report 2014: Global Recorded Music Revenues Fall 4%, Streaming and Subs Hit $1 Billion ...
... positive signs of growth from many European and Latin American markets, coupled with an increase in the global uptake of streaming and subs ...

Comcast May Create A Company For 3M Subs It Would Unload After Deal: Report
The cable giant has said that, if it buys Time Warner Cable, it will jettison systems with 3M subs to bring its market share below 30% — once ...

Hulu Reports 2011 Revenue of $420 Million, Hulu Plus Reaches 1.5 Million Subs
... Thursday that it grew its revenue 40 percent in 2011 to approximately $420 million, and Hulu Plus now has more than 1.5 million paying subscribers. ...

Charter Reports 20,000 Gain in Video Subs
Charter Communications CEO Tom Rutledge was expected to work some magic since joining the St....

Report: Apple Eyes Free Tracks to Attract Streaming Music Subs
Don't expect Apple to launch an ad-supported music streaming service, but it might give you some free music tracks to listen to.

Netflix Shares Spike 10% After The Company Reports 3.3M New Subs, Better-Than-Expected Q2 Profit
... financial performance, including revenue of $1.64 billion, earnings per share of $0.06. Netflix picked up 0.9 million new domestic subscribers, ...

Netflix Shares Spike 10% After The Company Reports 3.3M New Subs, Better-Than-Expected Q2 Profit
Alex Wilhelm / TechCrunch : Netflix Shares Spike 10% After The Company Reports 3.3M New Subs, Better-Than-Expected Q2 Profit — Today following ...

NY Times Reports $120M in Q2 Losses, But Online Subs Up
A one-time payoff and declines in print advertising offset gains in online readers and online advertising despite pay wall

Canal Plus Faces French Subs, Profits Decline, Per Report
... pay TV operator, will continue to decline until new investments returns – from content and set-top box investment – kick in, suggests new report ...