Powerdesigner and old datamodells

Hey !

I experience with powerdesigner! To create an physical data modell and
an object mpodell !

I have a connect to a sql anywhere database. Now I try to import the
tables from the a database in my new physical object modell !

It is possible?

But how?
I didn't find the feature to do this ;-(

When it is possible, can I do that with the object modell too?

Greetings
horst

0
mathias

Reverse engineering.

Regards
BMartins

"mathias schnoor" <mathias.schnoor@softarray.de> escreveu na mensagem
> Hey !
>
> I experience with powerdesigner! To create an physical data modell and
> an object mpodell !
>

> I have a connect to a sql anywhere database. Now I try to import the
> tables from the a database in my new physical object modell !
>

> It is possible?
>
> But how?
> I didn't find the feature to do this ;-(
>
> When it is possible, can I do that with the object modell too?
>
> Greetings
> horst

0
BMartins
1/19/2006 2:03:15 PM
In the modell are about 200 tables !

Too much for reverse engineering ;-((

It is possible or not to import ?!?

If true it was great

BMartins schrieb:

> Reverse engineering.
>
> Regards
> BMartins
>
> "mathias schnoor" <mathias.schnoor@softarray.de> escreveu na mensagem
>
>>Hey !
>>
>>I experience with powerdesigner! To create an physical data modell and
>>an object mpodell !
>>

>>I have a connect to a sql anywhere database. Now I try to import the
>>tables from the a database in my new physical object modell !
>>

>>It is possible?
>>
>>But how?
>>I didn't find the feature to do this ;-(
>>
>>When it is possible, can I do that with the object modell too?
>>
>>Greetings
>>horst

0
mathias
1/19/2006 2:23:17 PM
You might get better answers from the PowerDesigner user community.
There is a newsgroup on this forum dedicated to PD.
--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
and small to medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

Chris
1/19/2006 2:25:31 PM
Chris Keating(iAnywhere Solutions) schrieb:

> You might get better answers from the PowerDesigner user community.
> There is a newsgroup on this forum dedicated to PD.
o.k. thanks !
0
mathias
1/19/2006 2:53:17 PM
Or more specifically, the menu File / Reverse Engineering / Database or Object
Language (when starting and wanting to create a new model).

Good luck,

On 19 Jan 2006 06:03:15 -0800,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
BMartins <mbeatrizfranco@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>Reverse engineering.
>
>Regards
>BMartins
>
>"mathias schnoor" <mathias.schnoor@softarray.de> escreveu na mensagem
>> Hey !
>>
>> I experience with powerdesigner! To create an physical data modell and
>> an object mpodell !
>>

>> I have a connect to a sql anywhere database. Now I try to import the
>> tables from the a database in my new physical object modell !
>>

>> It is possible?
>>
>> But how?
>> I didn't find the feature to do this ;-(
>>
>> When it is possible, can I do that with the object modell too?
>>
>> Greetings
>> horst

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
User Manual
===========
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted

PB Futures updated Nov 14/2005
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0