Powerbuilder

Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in
Java?

Jan Erik

0
Jan

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:11:15 +0100, "Jan Erik Hermansen"
<jeh@susoft.no> wrote:

The closest thing there is is the binary tree in the PFC. It's a
little more work than a hashtable, but it works well enough.  In a
nutshell, you create a node and set the value and the key in it, then
add the node to the tree.

HTH,

Larry Molter
Diabetic Supply of USA
>Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in
>Java?
>

>Jan Erik

0
lmolter1
3/14/2002 1:03:28 PM
I guess it depends on what you want to hash. For "simple" data types you
can utilize DW and use Find method.
If you want to hash objects, then you can store you're objects in an
array and use DW to store key/array index pairs.
As for performance, you would have to check for yourself, but I guess it
would be faster (since it's just one call to Find method)
then making you're own implementation in PB.

Maciek.

Jan Erik Hermansen wrote:

>Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in
>Java?
>

>Jan Erik

0
Maciej

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Where is Powerbuilder?
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html Delphi is much less in vogue than PowerBuilder and is listed in Top 10. Not believable. Regards, SNS > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html > > The Next 50 Programming Languages The following list of languages denotes #51 to #100. Since the differences are relatively small, the programming languages are only listed (in alphabetical order). a.. ABC, Algol, Alpha, APL, Applescript, AspectJ, Beta, Boo, Caml, cg, Clean, Csh, cT, Curl, DC, Dylan, Eiffel, Felix, Foc...

Why Powerbuilder ?
Hi, I face a strange problem.... In company I started to work recently someone years ago decided to do any client/server development ( internal use only ) in SQL Windows / Gupta. As a ex-Power user I never bought into this concept and I think there is no need to discuss which product is better.... The problem now is - a big new project is coming up and I'm trying to lobby for PB as toll to to realize it with ( SQL Server 6.5 as back end ). My boss however doesn't take my opinion for granted, wanted me to convince him that it's right way to go. I surfed the web for a fe...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles