PowerBuilder pbcatalog's

For the pbcatalog's, can they be created in a separate
Schema or do they have to reside where the main tables are
located in the database?

Tom
0
Thomas

Yes, they can exist in a different schema (as long as that schema is in the
same physical database).  One of the properties of the connection profile is
the "PB Catalog Owner".  You just specify the account that owns the PB
catalog there.

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

<Thomas Rundo> wrote in message news:44ea2268.3117.1681692777@sybase.com...
> For the pbcatalog's, can they be created in a separate
> Schema or do they have to reside where the main tables are
> located in the database?
>

> Tom

0
Paul

Using PowerBuilder's or Infomaker's Query Painter in my applicatoin
I am at the point in my application where I would like to allow my users to create customized queries, and possibly reports. I have figured out how to use syntaxfromsql to convert sql to the special datawindow code, and this works find for me. But some of my users arn't as gifted in the sql department. So now I wish I had a nice GUI query builder. My question is; Is the query painter, and maybe even the datawindow painter accessable from Powerbuilder script kind of like an activeX? Or an object that I can drop into a window. I think I am to the point that I could recreate th...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

PowerBuilder Books on O'reilly's Safari
I just noticed that the book PowerBuilder9 Internet and Distributed Application Development is available at O'Reilly's Safari Books Online site: http://safari.oreilly.com/0672324997 Looks like you can even buy a PDF version from the informIT.com site too: http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0768663296 Any idea when (or if) the PowerBuilder Advanced Client/Server Development book will make it onto Safari? This is a great book and would be nice to have it preserved and accessible in an online format. Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation Never...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

Powerbuilder EBF's
The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase > Support > Downloads > ... There, Powerbuilder Build 8011 is part of Consolodated EBF #2 for EAStudio. Other builds (8030, 8033) seem to be about. Can anyone tell me what build is considered "official". Also, where can I get these more recent builds and are there risks in applying them. Thanks very much. rpa In article <knrTnbl2$GA.204@forums.sybase.com>, rpa@xmission.com says... > > The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase > ...

Powerbuilder's incompetence
(I hate resorting to insults, but I really need some resolution, or enough evidence to compel my superiors that I must abandon PowerBuilder. My previous two posts on this went unanswered.) I've always believed that PowerBuilder was not an adequate environment for doing anything but simplistic data windows. Now this opinion is supported by the fact that PowerBuilder doesn't provide the correct environment to run ActiveX controls. I suppose all those stories from co-workers about bad experiences with anything resembling *real* *programming* should have warned me. My *first*...

powerbuilder's orientation
Is it true that Sybase orients powerbuilder only to database appliation? but we wish it could provide more tools and functions used to develop more kinds of applications ,such as TCP/TP,multimedia and so on just like VB or Delphi does ,instead of calling winapi complicatedly. PB's strength has always been development of database-oriented business applications. The fact that native Windows functions are not in the box probably stems from PB's multiplatform origin - it used to run on Mac and two or three flavors of Unix. Encapsulating more of the Windows APIs in non-visual o...

Powerbuilder's Future
Hi. I am looking for some insight about Powerbuilder. First of all, does anyone know what share of the market Powerbuilder has compared to it's competitors. It seems to me it has lost a lot of ground the last few years but I don't have any hard facts to back up that statement. The reason I am afraid it has lost ground is because I see less job ads looking for PB programmers and also I know of several companies in my locality that have stopped developing with PB. Secondly, how hard is it to take a client-server application developed in PB and convert it to a web application? S...

General ?'s about DBD's and platforms
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C0C1B3.2FD29310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit PSCI_1I am relatively new to Perl, primary experience through Windows NT with limited knowledge of UNIX. I have been instructed to identify a corporate standard version of Perl and upgrade our desktops and servers. For servers we have NT, HP/UX and SunSolaris. We run Oracle 7 & 8, and DB2 UDB. Is it naive of me to think that I can have one standard build of perl for the corporation? I was thinking of having one, with DBD's for all our data...

PowerBuilder DLL's
Hi: Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DLL from a non-PowerBuilder application, if it's not possible how can i create, in PowerBuilder, something like an API to be a accesed by other applications. Thank in advance. hi! In visual basic can write : Dim a as new object a.createobject("clase") // Excel use Excel.Application now, you can use your object with yours events... in PB use ConnectToNewObject luck., bye Jorge Alberto Ar�valo Ruiz wrote: > Hi: > Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DL...

PowerBuilder On Mac's
I understand that Powersoft has stopped supporting PB on the Mac. Does anyone know where I could find that information directly from Sybase. I have spent quite a bit of time on their site with no results! Thanks -- http://www.genesis-software.com jdouglas@genesis-software.com ******************************************************************** * You want me to remove what to send you mail, forget it! * ******************************************************************** On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:01:02 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jim Douglas" ...

Powerbuilder Can't find Powerbuilder NVO on Server
I have been trying to get through the PB and Jaguar document, and specifically I have been working with a Powerbuilder NVO and trying to load it onto the server, and then access it from Powerbuilder. I have constructed the Powerbuilder NVO from the oleobject. I placed one function, with a return type of (NONE) as instructed, with a string passed by reference. I use the OLE automation tool to compile the .tlb, ..reg files. I have tried this with both .PBD and .DLL with identical results. Before I load the component on the server, I can see all the packages and methods normally. A...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder pbcatalog's - sybase.powerbuilder.general