Powerbuilder ole web browser

Powerbuilder 10.2 / PB 11.1

Open a website with the ole webbrowser work fine.

Except that I can not select from a drop down. Does not matter what
website i open, it simply does not work.

Using <ALT><Arrow down> and <Arrow down> to scroll to the correct field
and pressing <ENTER> works fine.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks
Eric
0
Ontsnapt

This seems to be to do with IE7. There is a discussion here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1070374&SiteID=1

I can't see any easy fix from PB but see for yourself. The article points to
a MS page with a registry tweak that seems to work on XP but I don't really
like that kind of messing about.

"Ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Powerbuilder 10.2 / PB 11.1
>
> Open a website with the ole webbrowser work fine.
>
> Except that I can not select from a drop down. Does not matter what
> website i open, it simply does not work.
>
> Using <ALT><Arrow down> and <Arrow down> to scroll to the correct field
> and pressing <ENTER> works fine.
>
> Is this normal behaviour?
>
> Thanks
> Eric

0
Clive

Using PowerBuilder as an OLE server on the Web
I am using a product from Infospinner called Foresite that is a WEB PageServer that can communicate with PowerBuilder as an OLE server. Foresite has the ability to multithread its page services. Every time Foresite accesses the PB OLE server it instaniates it and then destroys it, so there is no attempt by Foresite to re-enter the PB OLE Server, there is just a possibility of multiple instances running. As long as Foresite remains single threaded all is well, however when it multithreads it crashes. In our OLE server we are accessing a Sybase backend. Somewhere in the process...

Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
Greetings, I have developed an application using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder 6.5. I followed the example from Sybase Technotes at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 I am using the ole_1.object.Navigate( url ) method to get to the desired site, but the site is loaded, I want to get elements off the resulting window or to just get the source of the web page. I can parse out the results I am looking for. I have reviewed the Microsoft Web Browser Control documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/WebBrowser/RefList_VB.asp but have been un...

PowerBuilder PSR formats in a Web Browser
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C0AAE7.CF9241D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We use the Powerbuilder PSR format to distribute reports. We have a very = simple PB app that is installed on our client systems to makes viewing = the PSR file possible. What we'd like to accomplish is making the PSR = files available on the Web and allow for viewing the PSR from within the = Web Browser. Much like the why an Adobe PDF file is viewable from within = a Web Browser. Fir...

Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
Greetings, I have developed an application using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder 6.5. I followed the example from Sybase Technotes at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 I am using the ole_1.object.Navigate( url ) method to get to the desired site, but the site is loaded, I want to get elements off the resulting window or to just get the source of the web page. I can parse out the results I am looking for. I have reviewed the Microsoft Web Browser Control documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/WebBrowser/RefList_VB.asp but have been un...

How to Use the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder?
I can not find the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder panel! The Microsoft web browser is actually an OLE control. On your window, click OLE control. Select Microsoft Web Browser from the Insert Control Tab. - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com But I can not find the MS WebBrowser control in ole dialog. I use pb 7.0.3 build10135,in win2000/IE6. and when I clicked the tab 'insert control', pb crashed because of 'out of memory', it says insufficient memory to continue. Strange. The Insert Control is the place to fin...

Using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
I found the subject tech note on Sybase site. It refers to a sample application BROWSE70.PBL but does not indicate where it can be found. Any ideas? -- John Girt John Girt & Associates (425)562-4205 (206)399-4977 John@Girt.NET Try this link. http://www.sybase.com/content/1001546/content.htm "John Girt" <John@Girt.net> wrote in message news:waz#MAJwBHA.309@forums.sybase.com... > I found the subject tech note on Sybase site. > It refers to a sample application BROWSE70.PBL but does not indicate where > it can be found. > > Any ideas? ...

Using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder #2
http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47945 Technical Doc #47945 refers to a sample application in the Powerbuilder Samples Download Library that covers this topic. This attachment does not exist and the Sybase web master says its not his problem. Does anyone have this attachment, which they said was called browse70.pbl, or another example. Thanks You should forward the webmaster's comments to Sybase; this is yet another indication of their customer support problems. "Russ Fleming" <rfleming@jaredgroup.com> wrote in message news:yB...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder to the web?
Hi, Is it possible to create a web application just using the new "web enabled" facilities in Powerbuilder 7? If so is it very difficult or are other Sybase products such as Powersite needed to accomplish this? Thanks Jason ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It is possible to create web apps with the web-enabled features of PB, and no, PowerSite is not required. What is required is a dynamic page server (like PowerDynamo or ASP) and a component transaction server (like Jaguar). To get a real-world, sca...

The Web and Powerbuilder
Ok, I know this question may have been asked a thousand times but I hope to get some help from all of you who either have done this or perhaps from Sybase. We have PB 6.0 Application built 2-tier of course with an Oracle 7.3 backend. It has over two hundred concurrent users with a possible 1000 users. This is a parts and bill of materials tracking application for engineers. They would like to make this a web (intranet) application. It has to follow a company development standards policy that says it should be platform independent and CORBA compliant. They do not wish to do dcom or co...

Powerbuilder Web
Ok... hoping someone can shed some insight in what their take on this might be: We currently have a PowerBuilder application which is client driven with an Oracle back end (2 tier). Our company wants to move all applications to intranet based (including ours). They currently use Websphere for development. So, given that situation - what would be the best way to proceed? I was thinking, Powerbuilder has a robust gui interface (i.e. datawindows etc.) that, in my opinion, far surpass other development tools. Given this, I thought that maybe, with the release of PowerBuilde...

powerbuilder with web
Hello to all: I would like to ask you about the powerbuilder with the web.. I have a Powerbuilder application and i would like to convert that application using powerbuilder with the web... Can you tell me how i have to start with that and what is the first steps for that. Also my application was developed using pb 6.5 i have to convert on 7 or 8 will be better? Thank you, Olga. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp There are frameworks and resources listed in my previous newsgroup reply: http://webforums.s...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder