PowerBuilder Ole Objects

I am getting the following message in a PB Error Dialog in an "In House"
Application running

on Win2K and WinXP.  The program was written to generate an MS Word Document
and then store said document in an ORACLE Table as a BLOB.

What are some of the conditions I need to look for in troubleshooting this
problem?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The following error was detected at

line 16 of "w_action::wf_generate_letter"

Error calling external object function open

-PowerBuilder ErrNo : 35

You may choose to ignore the error but the

program may fail to oper........ So forth and so on.

0
Darryl

You'll have to go into that function and determine what is happening at line
16.
My guess would be that the program didn't check whether the initial
connection to Word was succesful and happily continued:

OLEObject o1
int  li_rc

o1 = CREATE oleobject
li_rc =  o1.ConnectToNewObject("word.application")   <== My guess is that
this step failed.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Darryl Snow" <Darryl.Snow@deq.state.ok.us> wrote in message
> I am getting the following message in a PB Error Dialog in an "In House"
> Application running
>
> on Win2K and WinXP.  The program was written to generate an MS Word
Document
> and then store said document in an ORACLE Table as a BLOB.
>
> What are some of the conditions I need to look for in troubleshooting this
> problem?
>
> ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>
> The following error was detected at
>
> line 16 of "w_action::wf_generate_letter"
>

> Error calling external object function open
>
> -PowerBuilder ErrNo : 35
>

> You may choose to ignore the error but the
>
> program may fail to oper........ So forth and so on.

0
Terry

Ole object for powerbuilder app
I have developed an project management tool in pb. This app creates *.spp documents. I want to be able to embed this document in a word document in the same way you can embed excel in word. Is this possibe to do in pb? I just recorded a Word macro that inserts an MS project file into the current document. The generated VBA code looks like the following: Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="MSProject.Project.9", _ FileName:="C:\Projects\UPS\UPS Rapid Implementation.mpp", LinkToFile:= _ True, DisplayAsIcon:=False I looks like ...

multi-threaded Powerbuilder OLE objects
Hello, Does anybody knows if Powerbuilder 5.0 OLE objects are truly multi-threaded? Regards, Bruno Morhy. ...

Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder
Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB. Thank you in advance. Take a look at the CreateObject() function. Does that help? Regards Costas Tsaklas[Team Powersoft] Elevated Technologies, Inc. www.elevatedtech.com Bob Whelan wrote in message <3467BB57.599F4519@pin-corp.com>... >Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? >I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do no...

Passing PowerBuilder Objects to Ole Methods
I am attempting to write an Ole object in Python that has a function that takes a pointer to a PowerBuilder object and calls a function on it. The rational behind this is that I want my PowerBuilder code to get notified when something in the Python model is changed. Here is some example code: In PowerBuilder: public subroutine testOle() OleObject pyObject String rc pyObject = create OleObject pyObject.ConnectToNewObject("Python.PowerBuilder.Test") rc = pyObject.test(this, "ue_test") messageBox("testole", rc) end subrout...

problem creating OLE object PowerBuilder.Application
HELP!!! I wrote Delphi source code: P:= CreateOleObject ('PowerBuilder.Application'); P.LibraryList:= 'C:\Temp\some.dll'; // this line cause exception "Library not registered" some.dll - DLL that generated by PB 6.0 what's wrong? ...

multi-threaded Powerbuilder OLE objects #2
Hello, Does anybody knows if Powerbuilder 5.0 OLE objects are truly multi-threaded? Regards, Bruno Morhy. ...

How to create a range object in Powerbuilder (Word97 ole)
Can anybody tell me how to declare a range object (using an ole object communicating with Word'97) in Powerbuilder. Preferably with a code example. Thanks a lot. Robert ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by a 'range object'. can you elaborate further? "Robert Christiaanse" <rwc@hetnet.nl> wrote in message news:RH0LZmGhAHA.309@forums.sybase.com... > Can anybody tell me how to declare a range object (using an ole object > ...

How to i list all objects from Active Directory using OLE in PowerBuilder
How to i list all objects from Active Directory using OLE in PowerBuilder. I have to synchronize Active Directory Users with my own database. ...

Problem creating OLE Object PowerBuilder.Application #3
HELP!!! I wrote Delphi source code: P:= CreateOleObject ('PowerBuilder.Application'); P.LibraryList:= 'C:\Temp\some.dll'; // this line cause exception "Library not registered" some.dll - DLL that generated by PB 6.0 what's wrong? ...

OLE Programmable Objects & Powerbuilder 7.0
All, Is there a way to calll methods from an object categorized as a "Programmable Object (OLP)" with Powerbuilder 7.0? Thank you in advance for your time and effort. Please advise. Sergei. Look into the ConnectToNewObject PowerScript method. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Sergei Batov" <batovs@bnyesi.com> wrote in message news:2$o0mycSAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > All, > > Is there a way to calll methods from an object categorized as a > "Programmable Object (OLP)&qu...

OLE Object converted from MS Access is NOT viewable from PowerBuilder
Am I missing something? I have converted up a table from MS Access to MS SQL Server that contains an OLE Object (word document), this becomes a image column in SQL Server (which is fine). The funny part is when I create a datawindow with a blob column in it (using PB 6.5.1) I am unable to see anything in the document, but when I link to the table from MS Access the word document appears to be fine. Does PB interpret word documents differently than MS Access???? If so how do I convert so that PB can interpret the column properly or is there a third party that has function calls that...

Using SAP R/3 OLE Object in PowerBuilder
Hi All, We have tried to integrate a PB6.5 application with SAP R/3 version 4.0B. We have succeeded in establishing the connection using OleObject. But we are unable to assign value to a cell in an SAP table which is a table parameter in SAP RFC function module. We used the 'CELL' property of the 'TABLE' object for this. We encountered syntax error when we used <<<tableobject.cell(1,2) = "AAA" >>> and an application runtime error when we used <<<tableobject.cell(1,2).value = "AAA">>> We could retrieve...

problem creating OLE Object PowerBuilder.Application #2
HELP!!! I wrote Delphi source code: P:= CreateOleObject ('PowerBuilder.Application'); P.LibraryList:= 'C:\Temp\some.dll'; // this line cause exception "Library not registered" some.dll - DLL that generated by PB 6.0 what's wrong? ...

Using SAP R/3 OLE Object in PowerBuilder
Hi All, We have tried to integrate a PB6.5 application with SAP R/3 version 4.0B. We have succeeded in establishing the connection using OleObject. But we are unable to assign value to a cell in an SAP table which is a table parameter in SAP RFC function module. We used the 'CELL' property of the 'TABLE' object for this. We encountered syntax error when we used <<<tableobject.cell(1,2) = "AAA" >>> and an application runtime error when we used <<<tableobject.cell(1,2).value = "AAA">>> We could retrieve...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Ole Objects - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles