Powerbuilder Library API ?

Hi there....

I have lost my Perl  "documentor", which take a exported userobject and
extracts ancestor info,
function-, events- and variable definition etc. as pretty print.

I now want to reconstruct it. And offcourse it must be bigger and better :-)
So therefore does a public (or near public) "API" exist in the powerbuilder
dll
for extracting the definition of the PB objects ?

Regards Hans Jeppesen
PS I'm currently using PB 8.0.2

0
Hans

There is no 'public' api...

/ck

"Hans Mejdahl Jeppesen" <hajee@wmdata.com.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi there....
>
> I have lost my Perl  "documentor", which take a exported userobject and
> extracts ancestor info,
> function-, events- and variable definition etc. as pretty print.
>
> I now want to reconstruct it. And offcourse it must be bigger and better
:-)
> So therefore does a public (or near public) "API" exist in the
powerbuilder
> dll
> for extracting the definition of the PB objects ?
>
> Regards Hans Jeppesen
> PS I'm currently using PB 8.0.2

0
Chris
7/23/2002 12:17:06 PM
     You can extract the object information by using the LibraryExport
function.  That will give you the definition of the .PBL as you would see
in the .SR? file.  Within that text is the definition of what objects are
contained within the object.  You can cycle down the exported text and
catalog the items in a database table (that's the method I use).  By
creating a table of what objects are used by an object, you also are
building a list of what objects use the object.
     Or, if you want to just avoid the coding altogether, use PBDOC from
www.pbdr.com.  It is a fine product which performs the objects used / used
by list and extracts comments, breaks down functions etc all into a nice
web document.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
0
Joe_Slawsky
7/23/2002 12:27:08 PM
Hans,

Look at these built in functions:

FindClassDefinition
FindFunctionDefinition
FindTypeDefinition

Roland

"Hans Mejdahl Jeppesen" <hajee@wmdata.com.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi there....
>
> I have lost my Perl  "documentor", which take a exported userobject and
> extracts ancestor info,
> function-, events- and variable definition etc. as pretty print.
>
> I now want to reconstruct it. And offcourse it must be bigger and better
:-)
> So therefore does a public (or near public) "API" exist in the
powerbuilder
> dll
> for extracting the definition of the PB objects ?
>
> Regards Hans Jeppesen
> PS I'm currently using PB 8.0.2

0
Roland

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Where is Powerbuilder?
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html Delphi is much less in vogue than PowerBuilder and is listed in Top 10. Not believable. Regards, SNS > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html > > The Next 50 Programming Languages The following list of languages denotes #51 to #100. Since the differences are relatively small, the programming languages are only listed (in alphabetical order). a.. ABC, Algol, Alpha, APL, Applescript, AspectJ, Beta, Boo, Caml, cg, Clean, Csh, cT, Curl, DC, Dylan, Eiffel, Felix, Foc...

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

Powerbuilder
Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in Java? Jan Erik On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:11:15 +0100, "Jan Erik Hermansen" <jeh@susoft.no> wrote: The closest thing there is is the binary tree in the PFC. It's a little more work than a hashtable, but it works well enough. In a nutshell, you create a node and set the value and the key in it, then add the node to the tree. HTH, Larry Molter Diabetic Supply of USA >Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in >Java? > > >Jan Erik >...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder Library API ? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles