PowerBuilder - Java interoperation

Hi.

We are developing a software in Java that has to generate a big amount of
reports. I know of the benefits to use PowerBuilder for such a task.

The question I have is:

Is it possible to call PowerBuilder code from a Java program?
And also on the contrary, is it possible to exectute Java code from
a PowerBuilder application?

If possible, could you please tell me how?

Thank you a lot.
0
Francesc_Sala

If you have a Java aplication server (EAServer or otherwise) he answer is
yes on both counts. If you don't have an app server, or your Java software
is a standalone GUI app, that's more complicated, but not impossible (one
approach is to use the Sun COM bridge).

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

<Francesc_Sala> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> We are developing a software in Java that has to generate a big amount of
> reports. I know of the benefits to use PowerBuilder for such a task.
>
> The question I have is:
>
> Is it possible to call PowerBuilder code from a Java program?
> And also on the contrary, is it possible to exectute Java code from
> a PowerBuilder application?
>
> If possible, could you please tell me how?
>
> Thank you a lot.

0
Roy

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Powerbuilder
I was speaking with a contact at State of Oregon who had a question/issue: They had someone from IBM put a sniffer on their network, and they noticed that their powerbuilder app. would quite often have a few timeouts before connecting to ASE 11.9.2. I believe there is an ASE server parameter that defines the amount of time for the server to wait before sending a message back to disconnect, along with the number of retries, but he was wondering if there is something in powerbuilder? (I'm trying to find the ASE end of it, but having difficulty...it's something that goes...

Where is Powerbuilder?
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html Delphi is much less in vogue than PowerBuilder and is listed in Top 10. Not believable. Regards, SNS > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html > > The Next 50 Programming Languages The following list of languages denotes #51 to #100. Since the differences are relatively small, the programming languages are only listed (in alphabetical order). a.. ABC, Algol, Alpha, APL, Applescript, AspectJ, Beta, Boo, Caml, cg, Clean, Csh, cT, Curl, DC, Dylan, Eiffel, Felix, Foc...

Powerbuilder
Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in Java? Jan Erik On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:11:15 +0100, "Jan Erik Hermansen" <jeh@susoft.no> wrote: The closest thing there is is the binary tree in the PFC. It's a little more work than a hashtable, but it works well enough. In a nutshell, you create a node and set the value and the key in it, then add the node to the tree. HTH, Larry Molter Diabetic Supply of USA >Is there some kind of construct in Powerbuilder 8 like the hashtable in >Java? > > >Jan Erik >...

Why Powerbuilder ?
Hi, I face a strange problem.... In company I started to work recently someone years ago decided to do any client/server development ( internal use only ) in SQL Windows / Gupta. As a ex-Power user I never bought into this concept and I think there is no need to discuss which product is better.... The problem now is - a big new project is coming up and I'm trying to lobby for PB as toll to to realize it with ( SQL Server 6.5 as back end ). My boss however doesn't take my opinion for granted, wanted me to convince him that it's right way to go. I surfed the web for a fe...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder - Java interoperation - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Interoperation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In engineering , interoperation is the setup of ad hoc components and methods to make two or more systems work together as a combined system ...

AOL's AIM interoperation within Google Chat begins to go live - Google
AOL has started to allow AIM users to chat with Google Talk (and Gmail) users without having to log into separate accounts.

Google Chrome Terms of Service
These Terms of Service apply to the executable code version of Google Chrome. Source code for Google Chrome is available free of charge under ...

Major Responsibilities
1. To study and formulate the government's development strategies, guidelines, policies and overall plans of the information industry with a ...

The non-world non-wide non-web
... wide web, AKA the Internet. Rather, the focus for a while now seems to be on vertical tool/plugin and service/cellphone markets, where interoperation ...

CB Insights Terms of Service
Intelligence on High-Growth Private Companies. Comprehensive profiles, real-time information, news and analytics on the companies you seek. Improve ...

Catalyst 6500 Release 12.2SX Software Configuration Guide - Index [Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches] ...
Numerics 4K VLANs (support for 4,096 VLANs) 23-2 802.1AE Tagging 50-2 802.1Q encapsulation 17-4 Layer 2 protocol tunneling See Layer 2 ...

A- Computer, Telephony and Electronics Glossary and Dictionary
Computer, Telephony and Electronics Glossary and Dictionary - CSGNetwork.Com's award winning online glossary of computer, telephony and electronics ...

Instagram photos vanish from Twitter as policy finalized
Photo sharers who operate across both Twitter and Instagram likely woke this morning to find that the hand-in-glove interoperation of the two ...