Powerbuilder EBF's

The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase >
Support > Downloads > ...  There, Powerbuilder Build 8011 is part of
Consolodated EBF #2 for EAStudio.   Other builds (8030, 8033) seem to be
about.  Can anyone tell me what build is considered "official".  Also, where
can I get these more recent builds and are there risks in applying  them.

Thanks very much.

rpa

0
rpa

In article <knrTnbl2$GA.204@forums.sybase.com>, rpa@xmission.com says...

> The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase >
> Support > Downloads > ...  There, Powerbuilder Build 8011 is part of
> Consolodated EBF #2 for EAStudio.   Other builds (8030, 8033) seem to be
> about.  Can anyone tell me what build is considered "official".  Also, where
> can I get these more recent builds and are there risks in applying  them.

RPA -

All releases are official and supported. The EBFs are release to help
certain customers get around problems they are experiencing. Sybase is
trying to be more open with these releases and allowing everyone to
download them. The consolidated builds are more robust in the fact they
ensure the rest of the products work nicely together.

As with all maint. releases, back up your environment, upgrade a copy of
the source and verify the builds work for you. They may fix some issues
and create others, so only you can determine what build is best for you.

Also, if you have a specific issue, post it. I am sure people will tell
you if it is fixed or not.

Mark

--

Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase]		Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
mpfeifer @ sprynet.com		   Emerging Technology Solutions

               Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com

0
Mark
6/20/2000 1:44:11 PM
How do I open the mentioned article?

"Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase]" wrote:

> In article <knrTnbl2$GA.204@forums.sybase.com>, rpa@xmission.com says...
> >
> > The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase >
> > Support > Downloads > ...  There, Powerbuilder Build 8011 is part of
> > Consolodated EBF #2 for EAStudio.   Other builds (8030, 8033) seem to be
> > about.  Can anyone tell me what build is considered "official".  Also, where
> > can I get these more recent builds and are there risks in applying  them.
> >
> RPA -
>
> All releases are official and supported. The EBFs are release to help
> certain customers get around problems they are experiencing. Sybase is
> trying to be more open with these releases and allowing everyone to
> download them. The consolidated builds are more robust in the fact they
> ensure the rest of the products work nicely together.
>
> As with all maint. releases, back up your environment, upgrade a copy of
> the source and verify the builds work for you. They may fix some issues
> and create others, so only you can determine what build is best for you.
>
> Also, if you have a specific issue, post it. I am sure people will tell
> you if it is fixed or not.
>
> Mark
>
> --
>
> Mark J. Pfeifer[TeamSybase]             Corporate Technology Partners, Inc.
> mpfeifer @ sprynet.com             Emerging Technology Solutions
>                                                  www.ctpartners.com
>
>                Join The Team - hr@ctpartners.com

0
Rosalind

EBF's and PowerBuilder Professional
Does anybody know if it is possible to apply EBF's for PowerBuilder 8 within PowerBuilder professional? TIA Jeff Gibson Intercept Solutions Nashville, TN It is, you just may get some extra pieces (like the PowerBuilder native drivers) installed that you won't be able to use. On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:28:45 -0600, "Jeff Gibson" <jgibson@interceptsolutions.com> wrote: >Does anybody know if it is possible to apply EBF's for PowerBuilder 8 within >PowerBuilder professional? > >TIA > >Jeff Gibson >Intercept Solutions >Na...

Where are the EBF's for Powerbuilder 7?
Anyone knows where I can download the 7.0.3 EBF for Powerbuilder 7? It used to be on downloads, but there is no way to select older versions. Thanks. Hi Cesar; Sybase removed all the maintenance releases prior to PB 11.0. You will have to contact Sybase Technical Support. Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com PBDJ: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass "cesar_monroy.at.hotmail.dot.com" wrote in message news:4ca90874.723a.1681692777@sybase.com... > Anyone...

PowerBuilder EBF's #2
It would be nice if Sybase posted why they have made an EBF. If we could know the errors that had been fixed we could avoid wasting time running in to them. And we could also avoid downloading EBF we do not need. Regards, Henrik Peder Madsen DM Software ...

Using PowerBuilder's or Infomaker's Query Painter in my applicatoin
I am at the point in my application where I would like to allow my users to create customized queries, and possibly reports. I have figured out how to use syntaxfromsql to convert sql to the special datawindow code, and this works find for me. But some of my users arn't as gifted in the sql department. So now I wish I had a nice GUI query builder. My question is; Is the query painter, and maybe even the datawindow painter accessable from Powerbuilder script kind of like an activeX? Or an object that I can drop into a window. I think I am to the point that I could recreate th...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

PowerBuilder Books on O'reilly's Safari
I just noticed that the book PowerBuilder9 Internet and Distributed Application Development is available at O'Reilly's Safari Books Online site: http://safari.oreilly.com/0672324997 Looks like you can even buy a PDF version from the informIT.com site too: http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0768663296 Any idea when (or if) the PowerBuilder Advanced Client/Server Development book will make it onto Safari? This is a great book and would be nice to have it preserved and accessible in an online format. Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation Never...

CAP's and EBF's
Do Licensed Commercial Application Partner's (CAP) receive the EBF's automatically ? Or at least notice of there existence. Regards TPS No. CAPs will receive notification of major upgrades (ie. 6.02 to 6.0.3), but not ebfs. I would say that we average an ebf a week for ASA. You can always download the ebf for 6.02 and 6.0.3 from the Sybase Developer's Network at http://sdn.sybase.com. Go into the Mobile Embedded Computing sdn, then choose download->EBFs from the left menu on the main page. You may need to sign up for an account, but it's free. Reg Dom...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

PowerBuilder pbcatalog's
For the pbcatalog's, can they be created in a separate Schema or do they have to reside where the main tables are located in the database? Tom Yes, they can exist in a different schema (as long as that schema is in the same physical database). One of the properties of the connection profile is the "PB Catalog Owner". You just specify the account that owns the PB catalog there. Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <Thomas Rundo> wrote in message news:44ea2268.3117.1681692777@sybase.com... > For the pbcatalog's, can they be created in a separate > Schema ...

PowerBuilder DLL's
Hi: Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DLL from a non-PowerBuilder application, if it's not possible how can i create, in PowerBuilder, something like an API to be a accesed by other applications. Thank in advance. hi! In visual basic can write : Dim a as new object a.createobject("clase") // Excel use Excel.Application now, you can use your object with yours events... in PB use ConnectToNewObject luck., bye Jorge Alberto Ar�valo Ruiz wrote: > Hi: > Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DL...

Powerbuilder's Future
Hi. I am looking for some insight about Powerbuilder. First of all, does anyone know what share of the market Powerbuilder has compared to it's competitors. It seems to me it has lost a lot of ground the last few years but I don't have any hard facts to back up that statement. The reason I am afraid it has lost ground is because I see less job ads looking for PB programmers and also I know of several companies in my locality that have stopped developing with PB. Secondly, how hard is it to take a client-server application developed in PB and convert it to a web application? S...

powerbuilder's orientation
Is it true that Sybase orients powerbuilder only to database appliation? but we wish it could provide more tools and functions used to develop more kinds of applications ,such as TCP/TP,multimedia and so on just like VB or Delphi does ,instead of calling winapi complicatedly. PB's strength has always been development of database-oriented business applications. The fact that native Windows functions are not in the box probably stems from PB's multiplatform origin - it used to run on Mac and two or three flavors of Unix. Encapsulating more of the Windows APIs in non-visual o...

PowerBuilder On Mac's
I understand that Powersoft has stopped supporting PB on the Mac. Does anyone know where I could find that information directly from Sybase. I have spent quite a bit of time on their site with no results! Thanks -- http://www.genesis-software.com jdouglas@genesis-software.com ******************************************************************** * You want me to remove what to send you mail, forget it! * ******************************************************************** On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:01:02 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jim Douglas" ...

Powerbuilder's incompetence
(I hate resorting to insults, but I really need some resolution, or enough evidence to compel my superiors that I must abandon PowerBuilder. My previous two posts on this went unanswered.) I've always believed that PowerBuilder was not an adequate environment for doing anything but simplistic data windows. Now this opinion is supported by the fact that PowerBuilder doesn't provide the correct environment to run ActiveX controls. I suppose all those stories from co-workers about bad experiences with anything resembling *real* *programming* should have warned me. My *first*...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder EBF's - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles