PowerBuilder EBF's #2

It would be nice if Sybase posted why they have made an EBF. If we could
know the errors that had been fixed we could avoid wasting time running in
to them. And we could also avoid downloading EBF we do not need.

Regards,
Henrik Peder Madsen
DM Software

0
Henrik

Powerbuilder EBF's
The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase > Support > Downloads > ... There, Powerbuilder Build 8011 is part of Consolodated EBF #2 for EAStudio. Other builds (8030, 8033) seem to be about. Can anyone tell me what build is considered "official". Also, where can I get these more recent builds and are there risks in applying them. Thanks very much. rpa In article <knrTnbl2$GA.204@forums.sybase.com>, rpa@xmission.com says... > > The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase > ...

Where are the EBF's for Powerbuilder 7?
Anyone knows where I can download the 7.0.3 EBF for Powerbuilder 7? It used to be on downloads, but there is no way to select older versions. Thanks. Hi Cesar; Sybase removed all the maintenance releases prior to PB 11.0. You will have to contact Sybase Technical Support. Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com PBDJ: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass "cesar_monroy.at.hotmail.dot.com" wrote in message news:4ca90874.723a.1681692777@sybase.com... > Anyone...

Powerbuilder's future #2
Last year, there was another decline in Powerbuilder users (http://www.visual-expert.com/us/info/survey_pb_2007_results.htm). I think mainly it is because Sybase neglected a great product. Although they say in the survey that the decline is neglegible, Majority of the survey participants; if not all; I believe are from the US. The question is HOW ABOUT THE REST OF THE WORLD? for the past few years, I have been tracking jobs sites in Australia just to see how "in-demand" Powerbuilder is. For the past few years, there was a steady decline in demand, The sad thing about the hir...

EBF's and PowerBuilder Professional
Does anybody know if it is possible to apply EBF's for PowerBuilder 8 within PowerBuilder professional? TIA Jeff Gibson Intercept Solutions Nashville, TN It is, you just may get some extra pieces (like the PowerBuilder native drivers) installed that you won't be able to use. On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:28:45 -0600, "Jeff Gibson" <jgibson@interceptsolutions.com> wrote: >Does anybody know if it is possible to apply EBF's for PowerBuilder 8 within >PowerBuilder professional? > >TIA > >Jeff Gibson >Intercept Solutions >Na...

Using PowerBuilder's or Infomaker's Query Painter in my applicatoin
I am at the point in my application where I would like to allow my users to create customized queries, and possibly reports. I have figured out how to use syntaxfromsql to convert sql to the special datawindow code, and this works find for me. But some of my users arn't as gifted in the sql department. So now I wish I had a nice GUI query builder. My question is; Is the query painter, and maybe even the datawindow painter accessable from Powerbuilder script kind of like an activeX? Or an object that I can drop into a window. I think I am to the point that I could recreate th...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

lost my PowerBuilder unless it's maximized #2
Hi...sorry for the repost, but I can't find my original or any answers anywhere. Not sure where it went, but I'll repost & hope for the best. From: "Trisha Gorr" <trisha.gorr@SPAMFREE.moh.gov.on.ca> Subject: lost my PowerBuilder unless it's maximized Date: August 13, 2003 4:28 PM Here's a silly little problem ... I can only see my PowerBuilder if I've got it maximized. If I try to restore it to it's previous size, it's gone. Can't see it anywhere. Somehow it must have gotten moved off the screen. I've snooped through m...

PowerBuilder 8 Deployment DLL's #2
I am looking for the list of the DLL files which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) machine during the Application deployment. Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com Look in the HTML books, Application Techniques. There is a section on deploying the application. <Larry Utkin> wrote in message news:40699ca8.2fbb.846930886@sybase.com... > I am looking for the list of the DLL files > which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) > machine during the Application deployment. > Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com ...

What is MSSqlServer 2000's Bigint in powerbuilder 9.0.2?
how does the sqlserver 2000's bigint map to powerbuilder's datatypes? Long? longlong A standard datatype that is a 64-bit signed integer in the range -9223372036854775808 to 9223372036854775807. "Cfauvel" <TheFauvels@verizon.net> wrote in message news:42f8c76b$1@forums-2-dub... > how does the sqlserver 2000's bigint map to powerbuilder's datatypes? > > Long? > thanks...I think the datawindow may have an issue. I have two apps, both built on pb9.0.2, one uses the native database driver for sqlserver, and the other...

Using Henter-Joyce's JAWS program with PowerBuilder #2
Has anybody used JAWS program in conjunction with an application written in PowerBuilder? JAWS is a utility program written by Henter-Joyce. This program helps blind or visually impaired computer users use various computer applications. The product works majority of the time with PowerBuilder. The main problem areas are: Tabpage labels RadioButtons and CheckBoxes within a datawindow I would appreciate any information regarding JAWS used with PowerBuilder applicaitions. ...

How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application? #2
I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and also sample code ? Thank you. Vikram Suva wrote: > I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing > PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and > also sample code ? Thank you. > Look at the oleobject documentation (ConnectToNewObject(), etc.) I really recommend properly coding the ExternalException event for oleobject...it allows you to gracefully recover ...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

PowerBuilder Books on O'reilly's Safari
I just noticed that the book PowerBuilder9 Internet and Distributed Application Development is available at O'Reilly's Safari Books Online site: http://safari.oreilly.com/0672324997 Looks like you can even buy a PDF version from the informIT.com site too: http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0768663296 Any idea when (or if) the PowerBuilder Advanced Client/Server Development book will make it onto Safari? This is a great book and would be nice to have it preserved and accessible in an online format. Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation Never...

CAP's and EBF's
Do Licensed Commercial Application Partner's (CAP) receive the EBF's automatically ? Or at least notice of there existence. Regards TPS No. CAPs will receive notification of major upgrades (ie. 6.02 to 6.0.3), but not ebfs. I would say that we average an ebf a week for ASA. You can always download the ebf for 6.02 and 6.0.3 from the Sybase Developer's Network at http://sdn.sybase.com. Go into the Mobile Embedded Computing sdn, then choose download->EBFs from the left menu on the main page. You may need to sign up for an account, but it's free. Reg Dom...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder EBF's #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles