PowerBuilder/EAServer

Hi,

My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web
applications.

PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.

thank you
Sarah

0
Sarah

Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF)
www.cynergysystems.com

--
Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase]
VCI   Springfield, MA

"Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
> Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web
> applications.
>
> PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
>
> thank you
> Sarah

0
Paul
2/1/2002 5:08:01 PM
I mentioned this in the other newsgroups.  The EAF definitely supports both
PowerBuilder and Web clients.  This is arguably the core feature of the EAF,
that all clients are processed easily through a single set of components
reusing business logic, etc.

Carson

Carson Hager
Team Sybase
Cynergy Systems, Inc.
Sybase Enterprise Application Studio Consulting and Training
http://www.cynergysystems.com

> Paul,
>
> Thank you for your response, I checked their web site.
> From what I saw, they only support Web development.
> I need framework that supports both client-server and Web.
>
> thanks
> Sarah
>

> "Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote in message
> > Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF)
> > www.cynergysystems.com
> >
> > --
> > Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase]
> > VCI   Springfield, MA
> > www.vcisolutions.com
> >

> > "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web
enabled.
> > > Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> > > Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as
> Web
> > > applications.
> > >
> > > PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
> > >
> > > thank you
> > > Sarah

0
Carson
2/1/2002 8:15:30 PM
Paul,

Thank you for your response, I checked their web site.
From what I saw, they only support Web development.
I need framework that supports both client-server and Web.

thanks
Sarah

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote in message
> Cynergy Systems offers the EAServer Framework (EAF)
> www.cynergysystems.com
>
> --
> Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase]
> VCI   Springfield, MA
> www.vcisolutions.com
>

> "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
> > Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> > Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as
Web
> > applications.
> >
> > PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
> >
> > thank you
> > Sarah

0
Sarah
2/1/2002 8:21:01 PM
Check out Hepek PB/EAServer Framework at www.hepek.com.

Hepek has app generator wizard that lets you create Web or
client-server/Jaguar app.
All the scripts will be generated for you: (PB, JSP, JS, HTML, ....).

We even have a live Web examples on web site, showing you some basic
framework services.

regards
Tana
www.hepek.com

"Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
> Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web
> applications.
>
> PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
>
> thank you
> Sarah

0
Tana
2/1/2002 9:33:53 PM
These frameworks involve rewriting your app for the web. Is there someway we
can port the application without changing the framework or removing the use
of pfc that involves GUI?

"Tana" <tana@acedsl.com> wrote in message
> Check out Hepek PB/EAServer Framework at www.hepek.com.
>
> Hepek has app generator wizard that lets you create Web or
> client-server/Jaguar app.
> All the scripts will be generated for you: (PB, JSP, JS, HTML, ....).
>
> We even have a live Web examples on web site, showing you some basic
> framework services.
>
> regards
> Tana
> www.hepek.com
>

> "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
> > Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> > Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as
Web
> > applications.
> >
> > PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
> >
> > thank you
> > Sarah

0
egattu
2/4/2002 4:22:41 PM
What is N-Fuse Technology ?

"Ashokkumar sankaran" <Ashok@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> Using WIndows NT Terminal server and N-Fuse Technology u can port Your app
> the WEB without Rewriting ..
>
> Thx
> Ashok
> JPMORGAN
>
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:22:41 -0500,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>  <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >These frameworks involve rewriting your app for the web. Is there someway
we
> >can port the application without changing the framework or removing the
use
> >of pfc that involves GUI?
> >

> >"Tana" <tana@acedsl.com> wrote in message
> >> Check out Hepek PB/EAServer Framework at www.hepek.com.
> >>
> >> Hepek has app generator wizard that lets you create Web or
> >> client-server/Jaguar app.
> >> All the scripts will be generated for you: (PB, JSP, JS, HTML, ....).
> >>
> >> We even have a live Web examples on web site, showing you some basic
> >> framework services.
> >>
> >> regards
> >> Tana
> >> www.hepek.com
> >>

> >> "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >Web

> ---== Posted v
> ia the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---

0
egattu
2/4/2002 4:44:47 PM
Using WIndows NT Terminal server and N-Fuse Technology u can port Your app to
the WEB without Rewriting ..

Thx
Ashok
JPMORGAN

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:22:41 -0500,
 <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>These frameworks involve rewriting your app for the web. Is there someway we
>can port the application without changing the framework or removing the use
>of pfc that involves GUI?
>

>"Tana" <tana@acedsl.com> wrote in message
>> Check out Hepek PB/EAServer Framework at www.hepek.com.
>>
>> Hepek has app generator wizard that lets you create Web or
>> client-server/Jaguar app.
>> All the scripts will be generated for you: (PB, JSP, JS, HTML, ....).
>>
>> We even have a live Web examples on web site, showing you some basic
>> framework services.
>>
>> regards
>> Tana
>> www.hepek.com
>>

>> "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
>> > Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
>> > Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as
>Web
>> > applications.
>> >
>> > PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
>> >
>> > thank you
>> > Sarah

---== Posted v
ia the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
0
Ashokkumar
2/4/2002 4:50:13 PM
Opps! THERE IS NO HYPHEN FOR N-FUSE

CHECK THE CITRIX WEB SITE FOR NFUSE STUFF.

This hold good only for the app which u are trying to port within ur Corporate
Intranet.

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:44:47 -0500,
 <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>What is N-Fuse Technology ?
>
>"Ashokkumar sankaran" <Ashok@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
>> Using WIndows NT Terminal server and N-Fuse Technology u can port Your app
>> the WEB without Rewriting ..
>>
>> Thx
>> Ashok
>> JPMORGAN
>>
>> On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 11:22:41 -0500,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>>  <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >These frameworks involve rewriting your app for the web. Is there someway
>we
>> >can port the application without changing the framework or removing the
>use
>> >of pfc that involves GUI?
>> >

>> >"Tana" <tana@acedsl.com> wrote in message

>enabled.
>> >Web

>> ---== Posted v
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
>> ia the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---

---== Posted v
ia the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
0
Ashokkumar

I've modified (extended) a pfc based C/S application for use with Jaguar. Now
they only have to specify which mode should be run (Client/Server or 3-tier).
If you're interested I'll show you how i've done this.

Regards
Thorsten

Sarah schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
> Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as Web
> applications.
>
> PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
>
> thank you
> Sarah

0
Thorsten
2/5/2002 2:35:51 PM
Hey Thorsten

We are considering/needing the same thing as Sarah.  Do you have something
that you can show us as to how you have done your application?  We would be
very interested.

--
Andrew Linn
Software Engineering Consultant

"Thorsten Kummer" <Thorsten.Kummer@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've modified (extended) a pfc based C/S application for use with Jaguar.
Now
> they only have to specify which mode should be run (Client/Server or
3-tier).
> If you're interested I'll show you how i've done this.
>
> Regards
> Thorsten
>
> Sarah schrieb:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
> > Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> > Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as
Web
> > applications.
> >
> > PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
> >
> > thank you
> > Sarah

0
Andrew
2/5/2002 11:40:06 PM
That would be nice if u can share it with us since a lot of programmers here
are eploring the same topic.

Thanks for your help.

Thorsten Kummer <Thorsten.Kummer@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've modified (extended) a pfc based C/S application for use with Jaguar.
Now
> they only have to specify which mode should be run (Client/Server or
3-tier).
> If you're interested I'll show you how i've done this.
>
> Regards
> Thorsten
>
> Sarah schrieb:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
> > Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> > Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as
Web
> > applications.
> >
> > PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
> >
> > thank you
> > Sarah

0
Rizwan
2/6/2002 6:31:49 PM
Saw an amazing presentation at Techwave 2001 of a package called
'HTMLBridge' (at htmlbridge.com)
Follow their ten rules of PB development, then run your new (even
PFC-based) app through their grinder, and get a "components and
HTML/Javascript" version out through the web. You can deploy the same
app both ways (web and c/s.)
	Something similar is written up in the PBDJ for December and January
('Using Hypertext Objects...') but this is a pre-fab package based on
the idea that, if Sybase could generate their dw in HTML/Javascript,
these guys could do all the rest of the (simpler) objects.
	Of course, they can't get Sybase to give them the time of day, but
that's Sybase marketing for you...

egattu@yahoo.com wrote:

> These frameworks involve rewriting your app for the web. Is there someway we
> can port the application without changing the framework or removing the use
> of pfc that involves GUI?
>
> "Tana" <tana@acedsl.com> wrote in message
> > Check out Hepek PB/EAServer Framework at www.hepek.com.
> >
> > Hepek has app generator wizard that lets you create Web or
> > client-server/Jaguar app.
> > All the scripts will be generated for you: (PB, JSP, JS, HTML, ....).
> >
> > We even have a live Web examples on web site, showing you some basic
> > framework services.
> >
> > regards
> > Tana
> > www.hepek.com
> >

> > "Sarah" <sarah0969@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > My company wants to re-write some of our apps and make them web enabled.
> > > Can someone recommend some PowerBuilder/EAServer framework.
> > > Perhaps the one that you can use to develop client-server, as well as
> Web
> > > applications.
> > >
> > > PFC cannot handle web applications, we have PB 7.
> > >
> > > thank you
> > > Sarah

0
Kelley

EAserver with PowerBuilder
We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. Can anyone provide links to tutorials on this topic? Thanks, Doug Sybase's site has some examples. We have many simple examples on our site http://www.powerobjects.com/jaguar.htm -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] PowerTeam, Inc. http://www.powerobjects.com smlPortal - Moving PB to the web. "Doug Stone" <dstone@res-q.com> wrote in message news:vB4M4tP$BHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > We are thinking about moving some of our PowerBuilder NVOs to EAServer. > Can anyone pro...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

EAserver and Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, EAserver and Powerbuilder which one need to be installed first. I found that if I install EAserver first and then Powerbuilder and when I start the Jaguar, Jagaur is starting and display 'Accepting Connections' fast. If I install Powerbuilder first and then EAserver, Jaguar is taking long time to start and display 'Accepting Connections' As it is therefore which one is the right method and what are the pros and cons. TIA RAO The order of the installation should be irrelevant to performance. The only overlap between the programs is the Sy...

Powerbuilder and EAServer
I have a Powerbuilder application where much of the processing takes place on the client machine. I would like to move much of the complex processing to the application server (EAServer). Has anyone else taken this route and can give me a good place to start? A reference to a sample app (for EAServer) would be good. Thanks in advance, Terry The first step is to put the code in non-visual objects. There is examples at: http://www.powerobjects.com I think Cynergy Systems' EAF framework might be worth a look. Check it out at www.cynergysystems.com. There are othe...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder/EAServer - sybase.powerbuilder.general