PowerBuilder DLL's

Hi:
Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DLL from a
non-PowerBuilder application, if it's not possible how can i create, in
PowerBuilder, something like an API to be a accesed by other applications.
Thank in advance.

0
Jorge

hi!

In visual basic can write :
Dim a as new object

a.createobject("clase") // Excel use Excel.Application

now, you can use your object with yours events...

in PB use ConnectToNewObject

luck., bye

Jorge Alberto Ar�valo Ruiz wrote:

> Hi:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DLL from a
> non-PowerBuilder application, if it's not possible how can i create, in
> PowerBuilder, something like an API to be a accesed by other applications.
> Thank in advance.

0
Roy
12/7/1999 6:02:21 PM
You can't. BTW, you could check what functions are exported of the PB7 DLL
but you won't like it.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase]
  Cypres Informatisering bv, an AVALIX company, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Jorge Alberto Ar�valo Ruiz <jaarevalor@hempseed.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DLL from a
> non-PowerBuilder application, if it's not possible how can i create, in
> PowerBuilder, something like an API to be a accesed by other applications.
> Thank in advance.

0
Eric

Editing Powerbuilder DLL's!
Here's an interesting discovery - is it a bug or a feature? I created a simple PB dll containing a function (fAdd to add two numbers) and a window (w_extender containing a 'hello world' static text field). In another application, I included the dll in the library list and, as expected, I could reference the add function and open the window (I could of course inherit from w_extender also). Here's the unexpected part. By opening the window painter I could open w_extender, edit it and save it back into the dll! The dll size changed and the date was updated. Of cour...

FDF Toolkit's DLL in powerbuilder
Hi, Anybody knows about how to call Adobe's FDF toolkit's API as external DLL in powerbuilder. How to declare as I dont know it's return datatype and arguments's data type. TIA, Atul ...

Powerbuilder 8 deployment DLL's
Where can I find the list of deployment DLL's for PB8? Thanks! - Jason I just found it in Chapter 36 of Application Techniques online. Thanks anyway. Maybe this will help someone else :) Name Required for ------------------ ----------------------------------------------------- PBVM80.DLL All LIBJCC.DLL All PBDWE80.DLL DataWindows and DataStores PBRTC80.DLL Rich Text PBFNT80.INI Mapping unavailable fonts PBLAB80.INI Label DataWindow presentation style predefined formats PBTRA8...

DLL's for Powerbuilder 8.0
To run executable created from powerbuilder 8.0 which are the dll's needed to be copied?. Thanks for the help in advance. M.B.S Hi, Next time, please post this to a PB newsgroup, this one is for easerver using pb components or clients. Please read Application techniques/Part9 deployment techniques -> PowerBuilder runtime files. Here is a short list (you can find it there): Name Required for PBVM80.DLL All LIBJCC.DLL All PBDWE80.DLL DataWindows and DataStores PBRTC80.DLL Rich Text PBFNT80.INI Mapping unavailable fonts PBLAB80.IN...

Using PowerBuilder's or Infomaker's Query Painter in my applicatoin
I am at the point in my application where I would like to allow my users to create customized queries, and possibly reports. I have figured out how to use syntaxfromsql to convert sql to the special datawindow code, and this works find for me. But some of my users arn't as gifted in the sql department. So now I wish I had a nice GUI query builder. My question is; Is the query painter, and maybe even the datawindow painter accessable from Powerbuilder script kind of like an activeX? Or an object that I can drop into a window. I think I am to the point that I could recreate th...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Powerbuilder Executable
When I try to create a Powerbuilder (7) machine code executable, I keep getting a crash (Runtime error R0014) - saying that one of my application's dll's could not be opened. But, the dll's are all in the same directory as the executable. This directory is also registered in my path variables. I have also copied all the Powerbuilder dlls to the same directory as well. I've switched runtime tracing on and been able to establish that it's happening when one of my dlls is creating an object that is coded into a second dll. It is this second dll which cannot be opened. ...

Calling Custom C++ DLL's in Powerbuilder
I am trying to write a custom C++ DLL in Visual Studio 2008. I have used various other third party and windows api DLL in my applications before and never had a problem. But when I tried to call my custom DLL I am getting a "Specified argument type differs from required argument type at runtime in DLL function..." I have made a little test DLL with two functions: extern "C" DllExport int AddNumbers(int num1, int num2); extern "C" DllExport int AddNumbers1(); extern "C" DllExport int AddNumbers(int num1, int num2) { return num1 + nu...

PowerBuilder 8 Deployment DLL's #2
I am looking for the list of the DLL files which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) machine during the Application deployment. Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com Look in the HTML books, Application Techniques. There is a section on deploying the application. <Larry Utkin> wrote in message news:40699ca8.2fbb.846930886@sybase.com... > I am looking for the list of the DLL files > which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) > machine during the Application deployment. > Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com ...

extract dll's from powerbuilder cab files
I'm looking for an application to open the data1 & data2 cab files in Powerbuilder releases - I can't apply the entire release, but need a specific file (pbora90.dll) for Oracle 10g support running Powerbuilder v9. Any ideas? Thanks, J. Install the whole thing and then pick out the files you want? Not that I am saying picking and choosing dlls and mixing across different builds of PB would be a good thing.... Maybe interesting for testing - but I can't imagine a scenario where it would ever cross my mind to go into production like that. U...

Powerbuilder 32bit with dll's or arccos problems
I have been using a dll called PBTRIG.DLL to do arccos mathimatics for the last 2 years, I just went to 32 bit in windows 95 and the DLL has stopped functioning. Can anyone out there help. DLL External Function definition: FUNCTION DOUBLE ArcCos(double a) LIBRARY "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PBTRIG.DLL" Mathimatical Problem: long rows, doit DECIMAL {6} p_from_lat, LATITUDE_NORTH_1, LATITUDE_NORTH_2, site_lat DECIMAL {6} p_from_lon, LONGITUDE_WEST_1, LONGITUDE_WEST_2, site_lon DECIMAL {6} RADIUS = 3960 DECIMAL {9} X_1, Y_1, Z_1, X_2, Y_2, Z_2, ANGLE DECIMAL DIST = 0 st...

How to shall DLL's and neen't copy DLL's to BIN in serval Asp.net projects?
SOS. How to shall DLL's and neen't copy DLL's to BIN in serval Asp.net projects?Thanks...

DLL's obfuscated using DotFuscator when deployed don't work and the DLL's are easily decompiled. What to do?
I used DotFuscator Community edition that ships with VS2005 to obfuscate some of the DLL's from my PreCompiled website. When I deploy these obfuscated DLL's on the webserver, my site doesn't work. If I revert back to my old DLL's fo my precompiled website, it works fine. Secondly, the DLL's obfuscated with DotFuscator Community Edition are easily decompiled to the original source code using a decompiler like Salamander .NET decompiler (http://www.remotesoft.com/salamander/). Then, whats the use of this DotFuscator if it can't obfuscate the DLL's. Ple...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder DLL's - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles