Powerbuilder Datawindow

Hello,
Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using
Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid
etc.
Thanks
Chris
0
Chris
2/21/2007 7:42:31 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.general
📃 62418 articles.
⭐ 19 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1514 Views

What would you use the DataWindow for then?  To retieve the datawindow
into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid?
I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but
it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it...
On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using
>Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid
>etc.
>
>Thanks
>
>Chris
0
Bruce
2/21/2007 2:04:00 PM
 From your message, it's not really clear what your objective is. Is it
possible to build a DataWindow-like control? Since DataWindow is a
control that was built in C/C++, yes, it can be done. However, the
DataWindow control is about a million lines of code (last I heard), from
some incredibly bright engineers over the last 15 years. So, whether you
can add things like expression-based attribute modification to an
existing DataGrid control or whether you have to build a new control
from the ground up, I don't know. However, I'd expect it would take
man-years, if not man-decades, to re-invent this wheel.
Good luck,

--
*********************************
PowerBuilder for $95? No.
Personal use PB Enterprise *AND* PocketBuilder *AND* DW.NET *AND* Sybase
IQ as
free benefits of an ISUG membership. See http://www.isug.com for details.
*** For a limited time, use promotion code MP20224C to get a $10 (USD)
discount
on a complete new or renewal membership
*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0