PowerBuilder DataWindow #2

Hi all,

I have a requirement to implement a master-detail sheet. That's ok.
However, based on the user-logged-in credential, the user may OR may
not be able to edit the details part.

Now I can easily implement this by adding a constraint while updating
the details' data.

if user_can_edit then
    update
end if

The problem is this:
If the user is not entitled to make changes, he is still able to put
focus to the details' form data and modify (of course I am not
updating it)...but the user can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify
the data".

Is it somehow possible to make the details' textboxes/single-line-
edits editable IF user is entitled to make changes? OTHERWISE, the
details' textboxes/single-line-edits will be made UNEDITABLE.

Thanks in advance,
@maram
0
achuta

The simplest way would be <DW Control
Name>.Modify("DataWindow.ReadOnly=Yes")

"achuta" <atmaram.mulliah@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a requirement to implement a master-detail sheet. That's ok.
> However, based on the user-logged-in credential, the user may OR may
> not be able to edit the details part.
>
> Now I can easily implement this by adding a constraint while updating
> the details' data.
>
> if user_can_edit then
>    update
> end if
>
> The problem is this:
> If the user is not entitled to make changes, he is still able to put
> focus to the details' form data and modify (of course I am not
> updating it)...but the user can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify
> the data".
>
> Is it somehow possible to make the details' textboxes/single-line-
> edits editable IF user is entitled to make changes? OTHERWISE, the
> details' textboxes/single-line-edits will be made UNEDITABLE.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> @maram

0
Jerry
1/22/2009 3:09:50 PM
Couple that, or course, with the Enabled property for non-DataWindow
controls. When you open the window, check the user's credentials and
change these properties as appropriate.

The PFC has a very robust security module that can make all of this much
easier. At one time, I had acquired a version of that module that had
been extracted from the PFC. Though I don't have that code any more, I
know it's possible to do.

Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase] wrote:
> The simplest way would be <DW Control
> Name>.Modify("DataWindow.ReadOnly=Yes")
>
> "achuta" <atmaram.mulliah@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a requirement to implement a master-detail sheet. That's ok.
>> However, based on the user-logged-in credential, the user may OR may
>> not be able to edit the details part.
>>
>> Now I can easily implement this by adding a constraint while updating
>> the details' data.
>>
>> if user_can_edit then
>>    update
>> end if
>>
>> The problem is this:
>> If the user is not entitled to make changes, he is still able to put
>> focus to the details' form data and modify (of course I am not
>> updating it)...but the user can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify
>> the data".
>>
>> Is it somehow possible to make the details' textboxes/single-line-
>> edits editable IF user is entitled to make changes? OTHERWISE, the
>> details' textboxes/single-line-edits will be made UNEDITABLE.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> @maram

0
Jason
1/22/2009 3:24:31 PM
PowerTOOL, a framework that was very popular before the PFC was created,
also had security built in. I added a column to the user/window table for
read-only, then put all the logic to massage the datawindow into an NVO. [I
don't work there anymore and the code was proprietary anyway, don't ask]

"Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]"
<NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_@_teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> Couple that, or course, with the Enabled property for non-DataWindow
> controls. When you open the window, check the user's credentials and
> change these properties as appropriate.
>
> The PFC has a very robust security module that can make all of this much
> easier. At one time, I had acquired a version of that module that had been
> extracted from the PFC. Though I don't have that code any more, I know
> it's possible to do.
>

> Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase] wrote:
>> The simplest way would be <DW Control
>> Name>.Modify("DataWindow.ReadOnly=Yes")
>>
>> "achuta" <atmaram.mulliah@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a requirement to implement a master-detail sheet. That's ok.
>>> However, based on the user-logged-in credential, the user may OR may
>>> not be able to edit the details part.
>>>
>>> Now I can easily implement this by adding a constraint while updating
>>> the details' data.
>>>
>>> if user_can_edit then
>>>    update
>>> end if
>>>
>>> The problem is this:
>>> If the user is not entitled to make changes, he is still able to put
>>> focus to the details' form data and modify (of course I am not
>>> updating it)...but the user can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify
>>> the data".
>>>
>>> Is it somehow possible to make the details' textboxes/single-line-
>>> edits editable IF user is entitled to make changes? OTHERWISE, the
>>> details' textboxes/single-line-edits will be made UNEDITABLE.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> @maram

0
Jerry
1/22/2009 7:16:28 PM
The simple (not best) way....
Have two detail datawindows.  Load the non-editable one when
the window opnes, if the user cannot edit.

(You could also set the properties of each field in the
ue_postopen event, if you don't like the two-datawindow
solution.)

HTH KL
> PowerTOOL, a framework that was very popular before the
> PFC was created,  also had security built in. I added a
> column to the user/window table for  read-only, then put
> all the logic to massage the datawindow into an NVO. [I
> don't work there anymore and the code was proprietary
> anyway, don't ask]
>
> "Jason 'Bug' Fenter [TeamSybase]"
> <NO_SPAMMING_jason.fenter_@_teamsybase.com> wrote in
> message  news:49788faf$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Couple that, or course, with the Enabled property for
> > non-DataWindow  controls. When you open the window,
> > check the user's credentials and  change these
> properties as appropriate. >
> > The PFC has a very robust security module that can make
> > all of this much  easier. At one time, I had acquired a
> > version of that module that had been  extracted from the
> > PFC. Though I don't have that code any more, I know
> it's possible to do. >
> >

> > Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase] wrote:
> >> The simplest way would be <DW Control
> >> Name>.Modify("DataWindow.ReadOnly=Yes")
> >>
> >> "achuta" <atmaram.mulliah@gmail.com> wrote in message

> legroups.com... >>> Hi all,

> sheet. That's ok. >>> However, based on the user-logged-in
> credential, the user may OR may >>> not be able to edit
> the details part. >>>
> while updating >>> the details' data.

> still able to put >>> focus to the details' form data and
> modify (of course I am not >>> updating it)...but the user
> can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify >>> the data".

> textboxes/single-line- >>> edits editable IF user is
> entitled to make changes? OTHERWISE, the >>> details'
> textboxes/single-line-edits will be made UNEDITABLE. >>>

0
KL

How to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder #2
Hello group! I want to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder,thus client may develop report themselves with the tool.I want some advice,or give me some URL of similar sample. thanks very much. ...

Error message in PowerBuilder Datawindow #2
Can anyone help me decipher the following error message that I get when trying to retrieve from a datawindow: Select error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Syntax error or access violation: invalid expression near ':?+'" I am using PB 7.0.1 and Sybase ASA 6.0.2. Thanks in advance! Benjie Turn your DataWindow into syntax mode. It probably will be easier to see what is wrong. If you can't see what it wrong then post the SQL syntax here and we'll take a look at it. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions...

PowerBuilder Datawindow ActiveX Control. #2
Hi, I tried to use the PowerBuilder Web ActiveX control in Visual Interdev. It gave me an error that it can?t be represented visually, and I couldn?t use it. I also tried to use in Visual Basic6, but it gave me a message that I don?t have License to use it, although the ActiveX is registered and I have original copies for all the software that I have. Can you please advice on this?? Note: The ActiveX worked OK when I tried to use it from inside PowerBuilder. Thanks? ...

Powerbuilder 10.5.2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4bead6cb Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I installed powerbuilder 11.0 and now I go into pb10.5.2 and cannot edit any datawindows. I getted booted out of powerbuilder 10.5.2 giving a Visual Studio Just in Time Debugger window. I think when pb crashes now, this is a window it chooses to open up. I have several customers with 10.5.2 and cannot support them. Everything else seems to work with the exception of the datawindow editor. ---=_forums-1-dub4bead6cb ...

to impliement tooltip in datawindow powerbuilder 11.2
Hi all, I am using powerbuilder 11.2 version . How I can impliment tooltip message for datawindow. Please it would be very helpful if anybody send a link to impliment a tooltip for datawindow for 11.2 version. With thanks Pol Hi, on Sybase CodeXchange there is a "Datawindow Tooltip Service". Or you can upgrade to PB 11.5 which has that native. HTH Chris Werner f+s software gmbh <POLACHAN> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4a408f16.4673.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi all, > > I am using powerbuilder 11.2 version . How I can impliment > tool...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder #2
To all: 1.I am having trouble connecting to my ORACLE DB. I am on a standalone PC and trying to connect to Personal Oracle. Could someone give me some insight in how to do this? 2. Also, Can version 6.5 and 7.0 reside on the same machine? 3. When I try to compile a simple executable on my Win 98 machine(in 6.5 or 7.0) I get a Dll missing error? Is this due to A compatability issue. You need nothing special to connect to a personal oracle. Just create an local SQL Net alias or connect to 2: or to empty string SQLCA.ServerName = "@LOCAL" SQLCA.ServerName = "...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

CD Key for DataWindow.NET 2.0 and PowerBuilder Evaluation
Hello, I want to try out DataWindow.NET 2.0 and PowerBuilder 10.5. I've downloaded the evaluation packages of both, but i cannot find the necessary CD Key for the installation. Does anybody knows where I can get/find it? Thanks Tobias The registration key is displayed under the download links. Here it is: 3899240398911652 Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 13 Apr 2006 10:44:47 -0700, Tobias wrote: >Hello, > >I want to try out DataWindow.NET 2.0 and PowerBuilder 10.5. >I've downloaded the evaluation packages of both, but i >cannot find the neces...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder DataWindow #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles