Powerbuilder COM object

Hi All,

I am using powrbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following
code in VB to call function from that DLL.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg
Dim ret As Integer
->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message
End Sub

Error message :
Run Time Error 429
ActiveX component cant create object.

Here is PB DLL detail:
PB COM Server File Name:  C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll
Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl
PB COM Server Type:       In Process Server
Object :uo_msg
COM ClassName:CoMsg
Program ID:PB60COM.uo_msg
Interface Type:dual
Interface Name:DIMsg

Please Help...

Thanks in advance

0
MDesai

A PowerBuilder "dll" is not a real dll and cannot be used by any software
other than PowerBuilder. You might be able to wrap a PB NVO as a COM object
to use the logic in VB.

MDesai wrote in message
<67C2D31DFFFFE2D80022886585256C21.0022889F85256C21@webforums>...
>Hi All,
>
>I am using powrbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following
>code in VB to call function from that DLL.
>
>Private Sub Command1_Click()
>Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg
>Dim ret As Integer
>->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message
>End Sub
>
>Error message :
>Run Time Error 429
>ActiveX component cant create object.
>
>Here is PB DLL detail:
>PB COM Server File Name:  C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll
>Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl
>PB COM Server Type:       In Process Server
>Object :uo_msg
>COM ClassName:CoMsg
>Program ID:PB60COM.uo_msg
>Interface Type:dual
>Interface Name:DIMsg
>
>Please Help...
>
>Thanks in advance

0
Jerry
8/26/2002 12:49:09 PM
Make sure that the PB deployment DLLs can be accessed by the PBCOM object.
Easiest way to do this is to copy the PB DLLS in the same directory the
PBCOM object is in.

HTH

Arnoud

<MDesai> schreef in bericht
> Hi All,
>
> I am using powrbuilder(6.5) created DLL(Machine code) and i have following
> code in VB to call function from that DLL.
>
> Private Sub Command1_Click()
> Dim pbo As New PBCOM.CoMsg
> Dim ret As Integer
> ->ret = pbo.of_status(6) 'This line got error message
> End Sub
>
> Error message :
> Run Time Error 429
> ActiveX component cant create object.
>
> Here is PB DLL detail:
> PB COM Server File Name:  C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.dll
> Interface Definition File Name: C:\mdesai\pbcom\PBCOM.idl
> PB COM Server Type:       In Process Server
> Object :uo_msg
> COM ClassName:CoMsg
> Program ID:PB60COM.uo_msg
> Interface Type:dual
> Interface Name:DIMsg
>
> Please Help...
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Arnoud

powerbuilder com object vs pocketbuilder .... object
Our powerbuilder application is sending information to a feeding machine by calling a com object. Our program now runs on a mobile device. The software is written with pocketbuilder 2.04. Now we would also like to have the connection with this feeding machine. I talked to the supplier of the feeding machine. He told me that the com object was written in Visual studio C. The simplest solution for them would be to create a .Net object. Is this the way to go? Thanks Eric Up on CodeXChange we have a handful of "adapter" layers (sometimes called "shims&quo...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
From: "Chris Fauvel" <chris_fauvel@fintech.net> Subject: Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript?? Date: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 2:33 PM I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Use the C...

Calling a COM object from a PowerBuilder object's sript??
I'm interested in knowing how to call somebody else's COM object written in C++ (it is a dual interface...what ever that it is) would we enter the information the same way we do for DLLs within the global/local external functions section for whatever object we want the function to be available? Any examples or direction to examples would be appreciated. Thanks Chris hi, I'v tested it yet, i couldn't use it with the global/local external functions declarations method. It could be that some components need to be initialized first and global/local e...

Powerbuilder 9, com object
Just wondering, Powerbuilder 9 COM object can be called from .net frame work? We would like to call powerbuilder-9 generated COM object from ASP.net and VB.net Sure. FWIW, it's nothing specific to PB9; you can do that with PB6/7/8 COM components as well. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) -- http://sdn.sybase.com <Mdesai> wrote in message news:8F3FB338EE88D2460015EBC885256CCC.0015EBEB85256CCC@webforums... > Just wondering, Powerbuilder 9 COM object can be called from .net frame > work? We would like to call power...

Returning OleObjects from a PowerBuilder COM object.
Hi, I have the following proble,: I'm trying to return a OleObject that is created in a COM Object (PB). Code PB Com object: OleObject lole Integer lerr lole = Create OleObject lerr = lole.ConnectToNewObject("pbobject.comobject") MessageBox("Com Error ", String(lerr)) Return lole When I call this function I get the MessageBox with error value 0 (all is ok) and than I get a GPF: PB60 caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 000de:0000013 Has any one managed to return OleObjects from PBCom objects? Thanks, ...

Referencing COM objects outside of powerbuilder
Can anyone please tell me how to reference COM objects outside powerbuilder. I am using PB 7.0. Thanks, Raj Use the ConnectToNewObject and GetAutomationNativePointer PowerScript methods. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Raj Pilla" <rajshekher_pilla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9LpU#zodAHA.217@forums.sybase.com... > Can anyone please tell me how to reference COM objects outside powerbuilder. > I am using PB 7.0. > > Thanks, > > Raj > > ...

Use OLE COM Objects in PowerBuilder
Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do not know how to instanciate an object and use it's methods/properties in PB. Thank you in advance. Take a look at the CreateObject() function. Does that help? Regards Costas Tsaklas[Team Powersoft] Elevated Technologies, Inc. www.elevatedtech.com Bob Whelan wrote in message <3467BB57.599F4519@pin-corp.com>... >Does anyone have an example of using OLE objects from PB4 or PB5? >I have a class library that works in VB/VC/VFP, but I do no...

How do you reference c# COM objects in powerbuilder 11?
Hi I have been trying to build a DLL in c# and get powerbuilder to use it. I have built the c# dll with an interface and registered it as a COM class in the registry through a varity of methods. Using the build option on VS to automaticly register the object for COM. Using regasm Using tlbexp I have then tried to reference this as an exteral global function in powerbuilder. here is the code I have used. for the c# dll with com wrapper... using System; using System.Runtime.InteropServices; namespace Tester { [Guid("D6F88E95-8A27-4ae6-B6DE-0542A0FC7039&qu...

Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?
Greetings, Anybody has any idea on this one? Is there any workaround for that? We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win 2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other than Idispatch in PB. Thanks Raman Chawla ...

Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?
Greetings, Anybody has any idea on this one? Is there any workaround for that? We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win 2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other than Idispatch in PB. Thanks Raman Chawla AFAIK - it doesn't. Just to be sure, have a look at the component properties via the OLE tab on the PB object browser -- do you see any of the methods exposed by the 2nd interface? If not, the workaround would be to use a wrapper COM object that exposes all functionality through a single inte...

How to handle events from a COM object ( not ActiveX) in Powerbuilder
I need to catch the events fired from COM object in powerbuilder application. Object is initialized as following: ole_custom = Create OLEObject ole_custom.ConnectToNewObject("Custom.Custom.1") custom.dll is COM dll and fires event JobDone(string status) How I can get this working. Thanks It's explained a bit in Microsoft technote 238983. The particular example given is for Microsoft Office, but the approach is for any OLE Automation object http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238983 I...

Create a method in a COM Object Powerbuilder application
Hi all, In order to list PBL reports and insert items in a database, i need to create a COM Object in a vbScript. ex: Dim oPB Set oPB = creaobjet("PowerBuilder.Application") Then i need to create a method in that object and insert source code to list PBL informations with the function LibraryDirectory(). But i don't know how to create this method. Could you give me a little help. Thanks All PE "pe" <pe@versailles.iufm.fr> wrote in message news:42b14d3d$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all, > > In order to list PBL reports and insert ...

what about invoking the windows in com object building with powerbuilder
I am programming a com object with pb that encapsulating certain windows(the program was a application before,now is planned to encapsulate in com object).Those windows are programmed in a application . In the NVO class,I define a fuction that opens a window,for example open(w_main) and the w_main is blank.My problem is when the w_main's type is response,that's ok,otherwise,such as mdi,mdihelp,main etc.,errors occurs when invoking the com object fuction in vb .In addition,If I open other window(any type) in the w_main(reponse) in the same environment,that's ...

Does powerbuilder support multiple interface com object?
Greetings, Anybody has any idea on this one? Is there any workaround for that? We need to interface our existing PB application developed on PB 7.03, win 2000 with GIS com object.. But the problem how to get the interface other than Idispatch in PB. Thanks Raman Chawla ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder COM object - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles