Powerbuilder closing (crashing?) upon opening a datawindow

I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single
retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to
open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but
regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel,
Powerbuilder immediately closes.  It may be a crash, but I do not
receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is
logged in event viewer.  It is the only datawindow causing the problem
that I've found to this point.  Stranger still, the datawindow can be
seen from a parent window displaying it within a tab, but attempting
to modify the datawindow from the tab results in the same scenario.
Additionally, there are other datawindows being populated using the
exact same SQL script, yet they cause me no problems.

I've tried working around the problem in different ways.  We are using
VSS as version control, but obtaining the latest or even prior
versions of the file results in the same consequence.  My peers are
able to open the particular datawindow and had exported their copy for
me to use.  I placed it in a new pbl, attempted to open it and still
had the same result.  I've also attempted to connect to a different
dbs, both of current and prior versions, both to the same result as
well.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
0
Adam

I'm using Powerbuilder 10.

On May 7, 12:20=A0pm, Adam <Wise.Ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single
> retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to
> open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but
> regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel,
> Powerbuilder immediately closes. =A0It may be a crash, but I do not
> receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is
> logged in event viewer. =A0It is the only datawindow causing the problem
> that I've found to this point. =A0Stranger still, the datawindow can be
> seen from a parent window displaying it within a tab, but attempting
> to modify the datawindow from the tab results in the same scenario.
> Additionally, there are other datawindows being populated using the
> exact same SQL script, yet they cause me no problems.
>
> I've tried working around the problem in different ways. =A0We are using
> VSS as version control, but obtaining the latest or even prior
> versions of the file results in the same consequence. =A0My peers are
> able to open the particular datawindow and had exported their copy for
> me to use. =A0I placed it in a new pbl, attempted to open it and still
> had the same result. =A0I've also attempted to connect to a different
> dbs, both of current and prior versions, both to the same result as
> well.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions?

0
Adam
5/7/2009 5:27:55 PM
http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/Troubleshooting/Abnormal_Termination/abnormal_termination.html
is a good place to start. Given your symptoms I'd start with deleting the
layout key as described at the very bottom.

--
Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

"Adam" <Wise.AdamJ@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single
> retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to
> open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but
> regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel,
> Powerbuilder immediately closes.  It may be a crash, but I do not
> receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is
> logged in event viewer.  It is the only datawindow causing the problem
> that I've found to this point.  Stranger still, the datawindow can be
> seen from a parent window displaying it within a tab, but attempting
> to modify the datawindow from the tab results in the same scenario.
> Additionally, there are other datawindows being populated using the
> exact same SQL script, yet they cause me no problems.
>
> I've tried working around the problem in different ways.  We are using
> VSS as version control, but obtaining the latest or even prior
> versions of the file results in the same consequence.  My peers are
> able to open the particular datawindow and had exported their copy for
> me to use.  I placed it in a new pbl, attempted to open it and still
> had the same result.  I've also attempted to connect to a different
> dbs, both of current and prior versions, both to the same result as
> well.
>
> Any thoughts or suggestions?

0
Jerry

Opening a datawindow crashes PowerBuilder
At work we have about 5 different developers that experienced a problem when opening any datawindow from the PowerBuilder painter. PB crashes and halts altogether. Funny thing is their PowerBuilder was working fine the day before. My PowerBuilder still is working fine and some other developers have not experienced the problem. All of the affected PowerBuilder programs are on separate pc's and the developers work on different PowerBuilder projects. That makes the mystery even more confusing. The error is a pb70.exe - "Application Error" with the error being "Th...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows.
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle Remove the Layout/DataWindow key from the HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/<version> key in the registry. On 27 Sep 2005 14:29:30 -0700, Joelle wrote: >Hi, >when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open >menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on >the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle You need to post this in a PowerBuilder related section. This is the DataWindow.Net section. <Joelle> wrote in message news:4339b8bf.521c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open > menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on > the datawindow and select Edit Sourc...

Datawindow Open Causes Powerbuilder Crash
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3. It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? PS I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade. Thanks, Larry Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default] PB will rebuild it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) ...

Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow
Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new datawindow in Pb9.0 I get this error AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdev90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c Please help! Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default] "Datawindow"="" PB will automatically recreate it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <kith> wrote in mes...

Datawindow open causes powerbuilder crash in windows 2000
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.2. build 8025 It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I got this message : L'instruction � 0x77fca2bf emploie l'adresse m�moire 0xcc5d8754. La m�moire ne peut �tre "written". I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layo...

PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow painter, PowerBulider gets down. Someone told me that changing default printer might help. But it didn't help. Please help me. Thanks. Several suggestions: First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to create a new .pbl just to hold the backup). 1) Try regenerating just the datawindow. 2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls first, again just as a ...

DataWindows crash PowerBuilder executables
I'm using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 Build 10047. Are there any .DLL's beside the PBVMxx7.dll that I need in order to use DataWindows? Whenever I try to compile and run an application that has a DataWindow the application will crash right when that DataWindow is being loaded. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you PBDWE70.dll and a few others. See techdoc http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47953 for deployment instructions. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguid...

PowerBuilder Crashes when closing painter
I recently purchased and installed PowerBuilder Desktop on my machine running Win2k. I downloaded and insalled the update on they Sybase website. I am very frustrated because the application crashes everytime I attempt to close out of any of the painter windows. Whether it be the window painter, datawindow painter, database painter etc. I don't know what might be causing this crash, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. Thank you. Skip Harris Make sure that you are running at lease 7.0.3.10009 version. 7.0.3.10047 is generally better but ...

PowerBuilder Crashes when closing painter
I recently purchased and installed PowerBuilder Desktop on my machine running Win2k. I downloaded and insalled the update on they Sybase website. I am very frustrated because the application crashes everytime I attempt to close out of any of the painter windows. Whether it be the window painter, datawindow painter, database painter etc. I don't know what might be causing this crash, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. Thank you. Skip Harris ...

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

PowerBuilder Crashes when closing painter
I recently purchased and installed PowerBuilder Desktop on my machine running Win2k. I downloaded and insalled the update on they Sybase website. I am very frustrated because the application crashes everytime I attempt to close out of any of the painter windows. Whether it be the window painter, datawindow painter, database painter etc. I don't know what might be causing this crash, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. Thank you. Skip Harris I'm guessing you're referring to PowerBuilder 7? Likely at version 7.0.0? Have you downloaded ...

PowerBuilder Crashes on Datawindow Preview
All, We are running into a problem of PB crashing when any dw is opened due to the preview pane being available. We are running PB 10.2.1 Build 9914. The applications run fine in runtime. Only in dev preview do we see the problem. Is there a known resolution to this? Does it have to do with printer drivers? Is there a way to remove the preview pane without opening a datawindow? We've run into this problem before, about a year ago, and had to wipe the box and re-install from scratch since an uninstall and re-install did not work. Any other ideas? Many thanks. I think we&#...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder closing (crashing?) upon opening a datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles