PowerBuilder Books on O'reilly's Safari

I just noticed that the book PowerBuilder9 Internet and Distributed 
Application Development is available at O'Reilly's Safari Books Online 
site:

http://safari.oreilly.com/0672324997

Looks like you can even buy a PDF version from the informIT.com site 
too: http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0768663296

Any idea when (or if) the PowerBuilder Advanced Client/Server 
Development book will make it onto Safari?  This is a great book and 
would be nice to have it preserved and accessible in an online format.

Doug Porter
DailyAccess Corporation
 


0
Doug
11/27/2007 3:43:41 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 19 followers. Follow

3 Replies
834 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

Never as far as I know.  They decided about the time they were released to 
put the Internet and Distributed one on Safari and not to do the Client / 
Server one.  I believe they thought that the Internet and Distributed one 
would do better.  As it turns out, the Client / Server one did a bit better 
(though neither sold that well).

"Doug Porter" <doug_porterATdailyaccessDOTnospamDOTcom> wrote in message 
news:474c3b2d$1@forums-1-dub...
>I just noticed that the book PowerBuilder9 Internet and Distributed 
>Application Development is available at O'Reilly's Safari Books Online 
>site:
>
> http://safari.oreilly.com/0672324997
>
> Looks like you can even buy a PDF version from the informIT.com site too: 
> http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0768663296
>
> Any idea when (or if) the PowerBuilder Advanced Client/Server Development 
> book will make it onto Safari?  This is a great book and would be nice to 
> have it preserved and accessible in an online format.
>
> Doug Porter
> DailyAccess Corporation
>
>
> 


0
Bruce
11/27/2007 4:53:34 PM
Bummer.  You would think it would be almost no cost to them to add it 
to Safari.  They should already have the digital format available to 
use.  Guess that is just the crazy world of tech books.

Doug Porter
DailyAccess Corporation

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" 
<NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message 
news:474c4b8e$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Never as far as I know.  They decided about the time they were 
> released to put the Internet and Distributed one on Safari and not 
> to do the Client / Server one.  I believe they thought that the 
> Internet and Distributed one would do better.  As it turns out, the 
> Client / Server one did a bit better (though neither sold that 
> well).
>
> "Doug Porter" <doug_porterATdailyaccessDOTnospamDOTcom> wrote in 
> message news:474c3b2d$1@forums-1-dub...
>>I just noticed that the book PowerBuilder9 Internet and Distributed 
>>Application Development is available at O'Reilly's Safari Books 
>>Online site:
>>
>> http://safari.oreilly.com/0672324997
>>
>> Looks like you can even buy a PDF version from the informIT.com 
>> site too: 
>> http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0768663296
>>
>> Any idea when (or if) the PowerBuilder Advanced Client/Server 
>> Development book will make it onto Safari?  This is a great book 
>> and would be nice to have it preserved and accessible in an online 
>> format.
>>
>> Doug Porter
>> DailyAccess Corporation
>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Doug
11/27/2007 5:39:17 PM
Well, FWIW, it's also the Internet and Distributed version that I find 
bootleg copies of all over the net as well.  Being print only has some 
advantages....

"Doug Porter" <doug_porterATdailyaccessDOTnospamDOTcom> wrote in message 
news:474c5645$1@forums-1-dub...
> Bummer.  You would think it would be almost no cost to them to add it to 
> Safari.  They should already have the digital format available to use. 
> Guess that is just the crazy world of tech books.
>
> Doug Porter
> DailyAccess Corporation
>
> "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> 
> wrote in message news:474c4b8e$1@forums-1-dub...
>>
>> Never as far as I know.  They decided about the time they were released 
>> to put the Internet and Distributed one on Safari and not to do the 
>> Client / Server one.  I believe they thought that the Internet and 
>> Distributed one would do better.  As it turns out, the Client / Server 
>> one did a bit better (though neither sold that well).
>>
>> "Doug Porter" <doug_porterATdailyaccessDOTnospamDOTcom> wrote in message 
>> news:474c3b2d$1@forums-1-dub...
>>>I just noticed that the book PowerBuilder9 Internet and Distributed 
>>>Application Development is available at O'Reilly's Safari Books Online 
>>>site:
>>>
>>> http://safari.oreilly.com/0672324997
>>>
>>> Looks like you can even buy a PDF version from the informIT.com site 
>>> too: http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0768663296
>>>
>>> Any idea when (or if) the PowerBuilder Advanced Client/Server 
>>> Development book will make it onto Safari?  This is a great book and 
>>> would be nice to have it preserved and accessible in an online format.
>>>
>>> Doug Porter
>>> DailyAccess Corporation
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Bruce
11/27/2007 8:39:32 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

''''''''''''''''''''
Name: haznen Email: haznenatyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 8 Summary: '''''''''''''''''''' Comments: '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061204 UGES/1.7.2.0 GranParadiso/3.0a1 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/granparadiso/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives...

'''''
Name: mario Email: ramar17atfastwebnetdotit Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 2 Summary: ''''' Comments: K: Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a2) Gecko/20070206 GranParadiso/3.0a2 ...

Using PowerBuilder's or Infomaker's Query Painter in my applicatoin
I am at the point in my application where I would like to allow my users to create customized queries, and possibly reports. I have figured out how to use syntaxfromsql to convert sql to the special datawindow code, and this works find for me. But some of my users arn't as gifted in the sql department. So now I wish I had a nice GUI query builder. My question is; Is the query painter, and maybe even the datawindow painter accessable from Powerbuilder script kind of like an activeX? Or an object that I can drop into a window. I think I am to the point that I could recreate th...

PD and O'Reilly's
Is there any way to do PD url masking in O'Reilly's like you can using ISAPI filters in IIS? I'm out of the office quite a bit and want to continue development while on the road. I have replicated the database that contains the web site and have been able to make changes and have them show up back on our main server without a problem. The problem is that we used an ISAPI filter for the PD urls in all of our scripts and pages at the office and those urls mean nothing to my local O'Reilly's web server on my laptop. Is there any way that I can set up O'Reil...

Powerbuilder based 'trial' and 'copy protection' for a PB app.
Hello all, Has anyone written a Powerbuilder based control or library for copy protecting and licensing a Powerbuilder application ? I would like to offer customers a 30 day free trial and then be able to provide them an unlock license key to license the software on a particular computer. I have found the commercial solutions to be complicated and cumbersome and expensive expensive. you should post this question over in the commercial-isv.general newsgroup "Dave P" wrote in message news:4c22200b.7a89.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello all, > > Has anyone...

Cygwin on it's way to 'O'
I solved the io/layers.t failure, which #24764 should have fixed With my server failures also gone no, I have only one left to go: Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Faile= d ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= ---- =2E./lib/DBM_Filter/t/compress.t 0 139 ?? ?? % ?? io/layers.t 37 1 2.70% 37 52 tests and 238 subtests skipped. Failed 2/998 test scripts, 99.80% okay. 1/107506 subtests failed, 100.00% o= kay. pc03:/P/perl-current/t 556 $ ./perl harn...

Replace 1's and 0's in a gridview column with Yes's and No's
Is it possible to change the display of a column in a gridview to show a Yes for all 1's and a No for 0's that display in a particular column of a gridview bound to a database?  If so, can someone share the way with me?  I am using ASP.NET 2.0 with VB Code Behind.  Thanks One way you can do is thrrough  CASE in your select statement: Select YesNoColumn= CASE yourColumn WHEN 1 THEN 'Yes' WHEN 0 THEN 'No' ELSE '' END FROM YourtableLimno <Columns>     <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="yourHeader" SortExpression="yourDataField"> ...

It's Linux !? No, it's BSD ! No, no, it's...
kFreeBSD http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! ObiWan wrote: > kFreeBSD > > http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD > > a Debian distro using the FreeBSD kernel ! Why use a BSD kernel? I hope the reason is more than, just because they can. http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_why It's easy to understand why the would want to use Debian packages. :) -- Jimmy Johnson Registered Linux User #380263 >> kFreeBSD >> >> http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD >> ...

It's the fastest ''firefox'' i've ever had!!!:)
Name: Blagovest Email: blago_944atabvdotbg Product: Firefox Summary: It's the fastest ''firefox'' i've ever had!!!:) Comments: I's a great product!I'm really amazed! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

What's the difference between 'Build' and 'Publish'
Greetings....this subject might belong in one of the Visual Studio forums but it's so danged noob-sque.... I'm particularly confused by the 'Precompiled' term in the Publish operation. I'm interested in the path of least resistance between my VS project and my public IIS webserver. thx--steve...  Build means creating the assembly of the project ( .dll or .exe file) wich contains MSIL and a manifest file. When you publish your project u just produce the structure of your folder without producing a .dll file when you want to deploy your Web Project. ...

O'Reilly Leaks Geek's Docs
O'Reilly Leaks Geeks' Docs [1] Posted by L33tdawg on Tue May 14 @ 08:26 (Reads: 10) Source: Security Focus Call it a case of "do what we say, not what we do." Hardcore geek publishing house O'Reilly & Associates recently exposed their database of approximately 100,000 online users to outsiders, courtesy of a Web coding slip-up that their techie customer base might scoff at. O'Reilly's main Web site, as well as connected sites like Perl.com and XML.com, offer visitors free password-protected accounts for posting comments and subscribing to the publisher&#...

The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.
Hii, When I tried to bind dropdownlist to database by declaring connection string in the code behind file I am getting this error: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The value's length for key 'data source' exceeds it's limit of '128'.Source Error: An...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'
Greetings to All from Au, Have a NetWare Perl 5.8.4 and wanted to tweak File\Spec\NW.pm to try and standardise on '/' separators. If I run a test script (t/uni/lower.t) with an unmodified NW.pm, it calls t/uni/case.pl, that, in case.pl, (when the path separators are '\'), the $file is '..\lib\unicore\To\Lower.pl' and the following code portion works, with $simple getting a returned table: sub casetest { my ($base, $spec, $func) = @_; my $file = File::Spec->catfile(File::Spec->catdir(File::Spec->updir, "lib", &qu...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Books on O'reilly's Safari - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Resources last updated: 1/10/2016 11:28:17 PM