PowerBuilder and Windows 7

I have not seen any statement from Sybase on PowerBuilder
and Windows 7 support.
We have a big customer that plans to convert to Windows 7
soon.
We currently use PB 11.2.
Can we expect that PB 11.2 will get a maintenance version
that will support Windows 7, or will it be 11.5?
And when?
0
Asbjorn

Historically, PB has seldom added official support for OSes in
maintenance release; this usually comes in major releases. I've heard
Sybase say Win7 support will be in PB12.

That being said, MS seems to have done a pretty good job on ap
compatibility, and several PB apps have been running on Win7 beta and
RC without incident. The long and the short of it is that it doesn't
matter as much if PB runs on Win7, but if what you're doing runs on
Win7. (I can guarantee you I can write an app that will work on XP and
not Vista, even if PB11.5 supports Vista.) Probably what will be more
important is your own test cycle.

Good luck,

Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten

On 26 Oct 2009 04:23:55 -0800, Asbjorn Mellemstrand wrote:

>I have not seen any statement from Sybase on PowerBuilder
>and Windows 7 support.
>We have a big customer that plans to convert to Windows 7
>soon.
>We currently use PB 11.2.
>Can we expect that PB 11.2 will get a maintenance version
>that will support Windows 7, or will it be 11.5?
>And when?

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated June 25/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
10/26/2009 4:32:59 PM
We have a production project (used to run about 12M$/year businesses)
developed on PB 11.5.1, we have tested it on Windows 7 machines and
got no problems so far.
--
Andrea Rimicci - Elle s.n.c. - Tel. +39 393 5497010
Sede legale e operativa: Via Bellini 13R - 17100 Savona (SV)

"Andrea Rimicci" <see.my.signature@ellesnc.com> wrote in message
> We have a production project (used to run about 12M$/year businesses)
> developed on PB 11.5.1, we have tested it on Windows 7 machines and
> got no problems so far.
> --
> Andrea Rimicci - Elle s.n.c. - Tel. +39 393 5497010
> Sede legale e operativa: Via Bellini 13R - 17100 Savona (SV)
> www.ellesnc.com - andrea(at)ellesnc(dot)com

0
Tyler
10/27/2009 10:41:01 AM
In case you didnt see Dave's post over in futures..

------------------
PowerBuilder 12 will support Windows 7 at GA. We certainly want to
hear from customers using Windows 7 during the PowerBuilder 12 Beta.
Let us know of any issues you encounter.

PowerBuilder 11.5 will support Windows 7 in an upcoming EBF or MR. No
scheduled date yet but engineering is looking into it and I'll post
information here when it becomes available. In the meantime we welcome
support cases from customers who are encountering issues today.

It is doubtful that PowerBuilder 11.2 will be supported on Windows 7.

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

---------------------

Troy

> I have not seen any statement from Sybase on PowerBuilder
> and Windows 7 support.
> We have a big customer that plans to convert to Windows 7
> soon.
> We currently use PB 11.2.
> Can we expect that PB 11.2 will get a maintenance version
> that will support Windows 7, or will it be 11.5?
> And when?

0
Troy
10/27/2009 1:44:38 PM
Hi Asbjorn ;

   I just converted two if my Vista PC's to Windows 7 GA over the weekend. I
am happy to report that IM / PB 11.2, 11.5.1 and 12.0 /12.NET (beta) are all
working great. FWIW: EAServer 6.3, SS2008 and ASE 15.0.3 are also working
perfectly as well.

BTW: I am using W7 32-bit.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

<Asbjorn Mellemstrand> wrote in message
>I have not seen any statement from Sybase on PowerBuilder
> and Windows 7 support.
> We have a big customer that plans to convert to Windows 7
> soon.
> We currently use PB 11.2.
> Can we expect that PB 11.2 will get a maintenance version
> that will support Windows 7, or will it be 11.5?
> And when?

0
Chris
10/27/2009 3:51:21 PM
We have several of our customers using our 11.5.1 application with out any
reported problems since W7 public beta (64 BIT).
My development machines were converted to W7 RTM 64 bit back in August with
no issues.
Our QA is done on both 32 and 64 W7 machines.

So, my best advise is that if your applications work well on Vista then they
will probably work well under W7

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message

> Hi Asbjorn ;
>
>   I just converted two if my Vista PC's to Windows 7 GA over the weekend.
> I am happy to report that IM / PB 11.2, 11.5.1 and 12.0 /12.NET (beta) are
> all working great. FWIW: EAServer 6.3, SS2008 and ASE 15.0.3 are also
> working perfectly as well.
>
> BTW: I am using W7 32-bit.
>

> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>

> <Asbjorn Mellemstrand> wrote in message
>>I have not seen any statement from Sybase on PowerBuilder
>> and Windows 7 support.
>> We have a big customer that plans to convert to Windows 7
>> soon.
>> We currently use PB 11.2.
>> Can we expect that PB 11.2 will get a maintenance version
>> that will support Windows 7, or will it be 11.5?
>> And when?

0
Tyler

Windows ME and PowerBuilder 7
Yesterday I received the PowerBuilder 7 Enterprise evaluation CD and installed it onto my Windows ME workstation. Now everytime I reboot I get an error dialog that tells me that the language dll failed to load and indicates that the problem file is "wl50??t.dll". Also, whenever I try to run PowerSite, I am told that Vbox failed to initialize and the application does not run. According to my research, PowerBuilder and SQL Anywhere Studio are the products that will serve us best but I am concerned about these problems. Of course, Sybase will not support evaluation copies of...

PowerBuilder 7 on Windows ME?
Hi All: Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform? Thanks Anthony Chen I've used it in Win ME and now i'm using 7.0.3., since the upgrade it gives less protection faults. "AnthonyChen" <anthonychen@mpinfo.com.tw> escreveu na mensagem news:PyLJSPKcAHA.216@forums.sybase.com... > Hi All: > Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform? > > Thanks > > Anthony Chen > > > >...

PowerBuilder 7 and Windows 2003
Hello group, Has anyone tried to install PB 7.03 to Windows 2003? I need some feedback. I installed succesfully and try to run an application. If I try to use the F keyes (F1 F2 etc) then it gpfs. I know PB 7 is out of support but has anyone done anything similar? Regards Dimitris Karistinos I believe that the first version of PB to be certified on W2003 is PB 9.0.2. "Dimitris Karistinos" <dkaris@relational.gr> wrote in message news:418b48b1@forums-1-dub... > Hello group, > Has anyone tried to install PB 7.03 to Windows 2003? > > I n...

Powerbuilder 7 on Windows 2000?
We are trying to run a powerbuilder application on Windows 2000 Server running windows terminal services. When the application starts we get the error Null Object Reference for the instantiation of pfc_app_manager. This exact same executable runs fine on Windows NT and Windows 98. Note..we are running Powerbuilder 7.02 build 8033. Thanks George It sounds like it can't find all the pbd's in your library path. Make sure all your pbd's are accounted for and in the same directory as the exe. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.c...

Size of Window
Hi all, I am again with a problem with windows. When I create a big window, when I put a Vertical Scroll, it works fine, but, the scroll continue showing more than the content of the window. Then I have a big grey area bellow the end of my window. I've tried to change the UnitsPerLine propertie in the Scroll tab of the window properties. It worked, but not as I wanted, because, ever time I change the height of my window I have to change this, and it depends on the resolution the user is using. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks a lot. Renne Rocha r...

Powerbuilder 7 and Windows 2000
I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. Does anyone know where such information can be found? Thanks I believe PB v7.04 and PB 8.0 support Windows 2000. "Ann Lyman" <ann_lyman@amsinc.com> wrote in message news:XkJLPHz#AHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to > which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. > Does anyone know where such information can be...

Powerbuilder, FTP and Windows 7
Hello, I have installed PB 11.5. I have an application that one of the lots of thing that do is sending a file through FTP. I use a well known user object that uses the wininet.dll library (http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_ftpedit.html). All works fine in Windows XP, but in Windows 7 don't. Anyone knows how make it work in Windows 7? Thanks. I have not tried the sample code from Topwiz so I have not comment on that code. I have however used a c# assembly called via COM or from .Net deploy. FTP is very simple in native c# framework and you should not have to...

Powerbuilder compatibility with windows 7
Hi, I am purchasing a new laptop. They now come with windows 7. Dell offers 32bit, HP offers 64bit. I am running PB 11.5 and ASA 11. Can I use the 64 bit. Also, does anybody report trouble using the AMD processors? Thanks very much. Mel Polatchek Hi Mel; PB 11.5.1 that I am running works well on W7 both on the 32 and 64 bit varieties. However, even with PB 12.1 (latest version) - PB is still a 32 bit IDE that generates 32 bit application code. So in order to run on 64 bit systems, you need to make sure that any external DLL's called and DBMS client interfaces are...

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

Powerbuilder 9 compatibility with Windows 7
Hello...I was wondering if Powerbuilder 9.0.1 build 7236 compatible with Windows 7 It might work, but it definitely is not supported. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <Development_ISI> wrote in message news:4b4ddb25.79b9.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello...I was wondering if Powerbuilder 9.0.1 build 7236 > compatible with Windows 7 So if it's not supported than I defently will not know for sure if it'...

PowerBuilder 7 and Windows 2003 #2
Hi all, We have a web application which is developed in PB7 and runs as a windows service on a Windows 2000 webserver server. We would like to port this to a Windows 2003 webserver, anybody has experience on this? Is it possible to run a PB7 exe as a windows service on a Win2003 server? Please comment... Thanks ...

PowerBuilder 7 on windows XP Professional
Hello Does anybody know if PB 7 is supported on Windows XP Professional? Also, PB 7 is very slow on a computer with windows 2000 (upto 12 minutes to save..) but fast on windows 98 (but much slower computer).. The question is does anybody have experienced problems of speed with Windows XP Professional and PB 7? Thank you all in advance for responses. Hello Roy.. Thank you for the response. Do you have any comments on PB 7 being slow on a windows 2000 computer? we use Objectcycle and checking in, out and even saving to my hard drive of objects checked out takes 12 mins app...

powerbuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
I have loaded an application that is written in PB 7.0 to a laptop with Windows 2000 and am having strange problems. This same application is loaded on multiple desktop PCs (all with Windows 95 or 98) and works fine. The main problem is an Application error that comes up frequently in different parts of the application ( "The Instruction at "0x77e2bf4b" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"). This immediately terminates the program. Do you think that PowerBuilder 7.0 is not compatable with Windows 2000?? Thanks Sue Officiall...

PowerBuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? Thank you! LPG Please post to the relevant powerbuilder.xxx forum. This is an easerver forum for PB developers. thanks, Bill PS. PB7.03 is certified for Win2K LPG wrote: > Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? > > Thank you! > > LPG -- Bill Green[TeamSybase] ----------------------------------------------------------- Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/ Good Links to know, good places to go: Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder and Windows 7 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles