Powerbuilder 8: cant get primary key information from ms-access via ODBC

Hi,

using Powerbuilder 6.5 it is possible to get the primary key information
of tables create in MS Access via the odbc driver (also the odbc doesnt
support this function). We just changed to Powerbuilder 8 and these
functionality is gone. It is no longer possible to get the primary key
information, I can only see an index called 'primarykey'.

What has changed between 6.5 and 8? Is there any chance to get the
primary key information with Powerbuilder 8 like 6.5 did?

TH

0
Thomas

how can powerbuilder get access system talbes via odbc?
Dear all: I have connected access via odbc , i want to get all the table name ,i think it perhaps should via access system tables, Is it ok? Thanks David I carry out this operation with Adaptive Server Anywhere. I do not know access, but I think that one can make the same thing. "david" <info@foreinfo.com> a �crit dans le message news: Oh6nrh#JDHA.220@forums-1-dub... > Dear all: > > I have connected access via odbc , i want to get all the table name ,i > think it perhaps should via access system tables, Is it ok? > > Thanks ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

How to set the MS Word Properties information through Powerbuilder 8.0
Hi, How to set the following MSWord Properties through Powerbuilder 8.0. In Summary Tab Title, Subject, Author, Category, Keywords Is there any API available to set the above properties? or Is there any possiblility to set the above properties by using OLE objects? If so, please help me to how to do it. Thanks! Hello, you need BuiltInDocumentProperties. lole_word.ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties.Item( ai_property_keyword).Value Here the MSDN Entry http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/microsoft.office.core.documentproperty(VS.80).aspx ksvimal schrieb...

Urgent: unable to get version information from powerbuilder 8 generated dll files
Hi, Wins2K/PB8 Version 8.0.1 Build 9056 After I built machine codes (DLLs) for my application, my codes (in attachment) could not get version information of those files. It failed after calling VerQueryValueA API. By the way, my local external functions are declared as followed: FUNCTION ulong GetFileVersionInfoSizeA( REF string lpFilename, REF ulong lpdwHandle ) LIBRARY "version.dll" FUNCTION boolean GetFileVersionInfoA( REF string lpFilename, REF ulong lpdwHandle, ulong dwLen, REF string lpData ) LIBRARY "version.dll" FUNCTION boolean VerQueryValueA(...

Urgent: unable to get version information from powerbuilder 8 generated dll files
begin 644 getversioninfo.txt M=6QO;F<)9'=(86YD;&4-"G5L;VYG"61W3&5N9W1H#0IS=')I;F<);'-?=F5R M<VEO;FME>7-;,3)=(#T@>R`B4')O9'5C=$YA;64B+"`B4')O9'5C=%9E<G-I M;VXB+"`F#0H)"0DB3W)I9VEN86Q&:6QE;F%M92(L(")&:6QE1&5S8W)I<'1I M;VXB+"`B1FEL959E<G-I;VXB+"`F#0H)"0DB0V]M<&%N>4YA;64B+"`B3&5G M86Q#;W!Y<FEG:'0B+"`B3&5G86Q4<F%D96UA<FMS(BP@)@T*"0D)(DEN=&5R M;F%L3F%M92(L(")0<FEV871E0G5I;&0B+"`B4W!E8VEA;$)U:6QD(BP@(D-O M;...

PowerBuilder With MS Access
How to select data from MS Access database and display that data with sle or listbox ... select into and fetch, both working with SQL Anyware but not working with MS Access. Please somebody help me .. Thanks. I haven't had any problem with this, unless the column is of type OLEobject. What does your code look like? <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:862A388182456D4F002D7E7985256982.002D7E8085256982@webforums... &gt; How to select data from MS Access database and display that data<BR> &gt; with sle or listbox ... select into and fetch, both wo...

MS ACCESS and powerbuilder
Dear sir/madam I am Mr. Teo. Currently i work in a furnace firm as a system administrator. I need to write some program in order to link up the system in the office. However, i met some problems by using powerbuilder 5.0 and ms Access. 1) I compile by program as .exe but it cannot be executed in other computer which do not have powerbuilder 5.0 installed. I did install powerbuilder run time kit. The error message appear after i execute .exe is "db profile not found or db specify driver not installed". I am using MS Access as my database. Could you advise me that what shou...

No primary keys in Powerbuilder
Hello, I�ve designed a database in Powerdesigner. If I open the database in PowerBuilder 6.5 He doesn�t show me the primary key in any table. I use Adaptive Server Anywhere, ODBC 6.0. If i look after the database in Sybase Central it shows me the primary key column. Can anybody help me? Thanks for any answer. Gerhard Maybe you need create the stored procedure for pb in the database. ...

Powerbuilder 8 and MS Word
Hi everybody, I want to use word in PowerBuilder's application wich open a Word's file and put in some data coming from ASA (for example). For example, the word's file must containing "Dear Client Mister XXX, etc ... and your Contract Number is YYY etc...." where XXX and YYY are extracting from ASA. This file must be opened in Powerbuilder's application and saving after in Database. How is it possible to do this ? Thanks for your help. ALLO. you should be able to start an ole connection to the msword server http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Conflict
I have PowerBuilder 8 enterprise in my system for my existing packages. I would like to test my packages in PowerBuilder 11 Beta version. Is there any problem if I download and install the Beta version of PowerBuilder 11, to the system which contain the PowerBuilder 8? Thanks... The beta is over, but the evaluation version is available at http://response.sybase.com/forms/WW_PB11_Eval There shouldn't be any problem with multiple versions of PB on the same machine - different folder and dll names. Many of us have run 3 or 4 different versions concurrently! <Jemson Kuriak...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 8: cant get primary key information from ms-access via ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles