Powerbuilder 7.0.2 and Windows 2000

We use (we haven't developed it) a database application (Oracle 8i) which
was developed and last compiled on Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (intended to run on
Windows NT 4)
Now we plan to upgrade to Windows 2000 and are not sure about any problems;
a test installation didn't show any problems.
On the other hand Sybase claims on multiple occasions that Version 7.0.3 is
fully Windows 2000 compliant. Now what exactly are the issues with 7.0.2 on
Windows 2000. I couldn't find any detailed information on the Sybase
homepage, in the release documents for 7.0.3 or in this newsgroup.
The closest I found was a comment (about one year old), that 'Windows [had]
done some nasty things with ODBC' and that installing Powerbuilder on
Windows 2000 requires a separate set of dll's for database connection.
Do we need to order a new compilation of our application or will our
version do?

Regards
Andreas Muller
0
Andreas_J

Urgent: (Repost) Powerbuilder 7.0.2 on Windows 2000
Sorry for this repost but I feared it would be lost otherwise: We use (we haven't developed it) a database application (Oracle 8i) which was developed and last compiled on Powerbuilder 7.0.2 (intended to run on Windows NT 4) Now we plan to upgrade to Windows 2000 and are not sure about any problems; a test installation didn't show any problems. On the other hand Sybase claims on multiple occasions that Version 7.0.3 is fully Windows 2000 compliant. Now what exactly are the issues with 7.0.2 on Windows 2000. I couldn't find any detailed information on the Sybase ...

What Does PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Fix From 7.0?
Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 fixes from 7.0? Thanks... Cayce http://download.sybase.com/software/tools/eastudio/35EBF1/pb702_ebf_8011.htm -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Cayce Cook" <ccook@linnet.ca> wrote in message news:UGpDliNl$GA.298@forums.sybase.com... > Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 > fixes from 7.0? > > > Thanks... > Cayce > > ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? Thank you! LPG Please post to the relevant powerbuilder.xxx forum. This is an easerver forum for PB developers. thanks, Bill PS. PB7.03 is certified for Win2K LPG wrote: > Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? > > Thank you! > > LPG -- Bill Green[TeamSybase] ----------------------------------------------------------- Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/ Good Links to know, good places to go: Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often ...

powerbuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
I have loaded an application that is written in PB 7.0 to a laptop with Windows 2000 and am having strange problems. This same application is loaded on multiple desktop PCs (all with Windows 95 or 98) and works fine. The main problem is an Application error that comes up frequently in different parts of the application ( "The Instruction at "0x77e2bf4b" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"). This immediately terminates the program. Do you think that PowerBuilder 7.0 is not compatable with Windows 2000?? Thanks Sue Officiall...

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 and Office 2000
Hi Everybody, My customer installed the office 2000 on an NT workstation where my PB app was running, and now the app doesn't work on data entry fields . So Our office services applied a fix pack for office 2000 and everything started working. But we made some changes to application and deployed it again on the client PC, the problem seems to have started again. Now we have the fix pack already in place. Has anyone heard of any compatibility problems. We are currently on Powerbuilder 7.0.2 Build 8024. Any help would be appreciated ... Thanks, Varsha Office 2000 (...

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 #2
When will PB 7.0.2 be released? Jan Erik Here's a couple of factoids: - 7.0.1 was released early August - the last official statement from Sybase *I* heard regarding maintenance releases was that the period between maintenance releases was to be six months - while 7.0.1 came in quite early at 3.5 months (the EAStudio version looks like it will be closer to 4.5.- 5 months by the time we get it), other maintenance releases in the past couple of years have tended to be around 8 or 9 months coming - Sybase will never commit to a release date until it is out the door...

Error ORA-01460 in PowerBuilder 7.0.2/7.0.3
Hello, I have several applications developed in PowerBuilder 7.0.2 and database Oracle 8.1.6. Now, we upgrade Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.7 and in some application I will appear the error "ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested" when recovering the information of the database. I have upgraded PowerBuilder 7.0.2 to PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (Build 10213) and the problem persists. Any help that you can give me will be welcome Thank you Oscar Can you run the database application in trace mode and ...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

7.0.0 To 7.0.2 In Windows?
Longtime 5.5 user, just got 7.0.. Went first to update page to get latest patches. ALL the platforms EXCEPT Windows have a clearly marked: Adaptive Server Anywhere - Maintenance Release (English), Upgrade of 7.0.x to 7.0.2 Where under Windows it goes: Adaptive Server Anywhere - Emergency Bug Fix, Update of 7.0.2 to build 1462 7.0.2 09 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch Adaptive Server Anywhere - Emergency Bug Fix, Update of 7.0.1 to build 1176 7.0.1 14 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Adaptive Server Anywhere - Verified Bug Fixes, Update of 7.01 to build 1169 7.0.1 14 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch ...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Windows 2000 PowerBuilder 7.0 deployment and EAServer 4.1 on UNIX
Has anyone successfully deployed a PowerBuilder 7.0 application using EAServer 4.1 on a Unix/Solaris platform and a Windows 2000 platform for the client? I am having difficulty with blobs and resultsets being correctly handled and properly returned from Unix to Windows. If in fact this is a Sybase issue, how does one escalate? The problems I was encountering went away once I upgraded the PowerBuiler on the development machine to Version 7.0.3 build 10135 to match the PB VM 7.0 on EAServer 4.1. ...

ODBC
I am receiving the following error with my application is try to select from the Access database (the connection works just fine). I am using Powerbuilber 7.0.2 build 8003. 'SQLSATE=S1003, [MICROSOFT][ODBC DRIVER MANAGER]Program Type Out Of Range' Is there are new dll that I need to use for ODBC or is there some other work around? Thanks. Janene Just answered your earlier post as anoymous@sybase.com. On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:39:27 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database <janene.francis@kohlerco.com> wrote: >I am receiving the following er...

PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 version
Hi, We have a customer who have among 40 legacy systems in PowerBuilder 7 and using Oracle8i, release 8.1.7.4.0. Now their database's team want to upgrade their database to the version 9.2.0.8.0 of Oracle, but before this we need to know if the version 7 of PowerBuilder can work with Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 Somebody know if is it possible? Hi Leonardo; 1) WOW ... O9i is no longer supported by Oracle. Why would they want to use that obsolete DB software? 2) I believe that PB 7 only supported 8i - so you would have to stay with that OCI level. The O8i interface should still ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 #2
Could anyone tell me if there is an area to review and report bugs in the released version of PB 7.0? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------86BE75563BECBC5F8BC633CB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sybase has a free bug and enhancement reporting system called CaseXpress. You can report them there, but since it is free, you won't get the same attention as a "paying" customer. Check out http://etsprod.sybase.com/casexpress It is also useful to post your problems to these groups, so others can po...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 7.0.2 and Windows 2000 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles