PowerBuilder 7.0 Migration Issues

Hi!

   We are having problems in migrating our current application from
Version 6.0 to 7.0.
We are getting all sorts of problems with respect to inheritance /
compilation errors. Some times  the message reads :

    'The identifier 'w_.....' conflicts with an existing global variable

with this name. The new definition of 'w_....' will take precedence and
the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_....' goes out
of scope. (  Actually, there is no global variable with window name as
such. )

Also, some of the windows we are unable to open after migration too.

Can some one help in this regard and make the migration process smoother

or is there any patch we need to download.

Thanks in Advance.

0
Michael
5/18/1999 4:51:52 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 19 followers. Follow

4 Replies
632 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

This is not a problem, or really an error. What this usually means is that
you have another version of the same object in your PBL path, and the one
that you are regenerating will be the one used when you run the application.
I get this all the time when I use a local PBL to develop and another copy
of the object is in a PBL on the server (both PBL's are in my path). So you
are ok, consider this just a warning and nothing more.

-aj

Michael Knarr <michael_knarr@icpmech.navy.mil> wrote in message
news:37419AA8.732C7DAF@icpmech.navy.mil...
>Hi!
>
>   We are having problems in migrating our current application from
>Version 6.0 to 7.0.
>We are getting all sorts of problems with respect to inheritance /
>compilation errors. Some times  the message reads :
>
>    'The identifier 'w_.....' conflicts with an existing global variable
>
>with this name. The new definition of 'w_....' will take precedence and
>the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_....' goes out
>of scope. (  Actually, there is no global variable with window name as
>such. )
>
>Also, some of the windows we are unable to open after migration too.
>
>Can some one help in this regard and make the migration process smoother
>
>or is there any patch we need to download.
>
>Thanks in Advance.
>


0
ajs
5/18/1999 5:21:00 PM
Michael,

See my response to your previous posting.

regards,
Bill Green

Michael Knarr wrote:

> Hi!
>
>    We are having problems in migrating our current application from
> Version 6.0 to 7.0.
> We are getting all sorts of problems with respect to inheritance /
> compilation errors. Some times  the message reads :
>
>     'The identifier 'w_.....' conflicts with an existing global variable
>
> with this name. The new definition of 'w_....' will take precedence and
> the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_....' goes out
> of scope. (  Actually, there is no global variable with window name as
> such. )
>
> Also, some of the windows we are unable to open after migration too.
>
> Can some one help in this regard and make the migration process smoother
>
> or is there any patch we need to download.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

0
William
5/19/1999 1:48:37 PM
We get that same scope var message all the time.  It is informational and not an
error.  So, you can ignore it.

regards

On Wed, 19 May 1999 09:48:37 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
William Green <green_william@jpmorgan.com> wrote: 
>Michael,
>
>See my response to your previous posting.
>
>regards,
>Bill Green
>
>Michael Knarr wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>    We are having problems in migrating our current application from
>> Version 6.0 to 7.0.
>> We are getting all sorts of problems with respect to inheritance /
>> compilation errors. Some times  the message reads :
>>
>>     'The identifier 'w_.....' conflicts with an existing global variable
>>
>> with this name. The new definition of 'w_....' will take precedence and
>> the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_....' goes out
>> of scope. (  Actually, there is no global variable with window name as
>> such. )
>>
>> Also, some of the windows we are unable to open after migration too.
>>
>> Can some one help in this regard and make the migration process smoother
>>
>> or is there any patch we need to download.
>>
>> Thanks in Advance.
>

raycharb
0
Ray
5/19/1999 2:03:12 PM
In 5.x there's an option to turn off information messages.  I assume that a
similar option exists in 7.0.

Simon

Ray Charbonneau wrote in message ...
>We get that same scope var message all the time.  It is informational and
not an
>error.  So, you can ignore it.
>
>regards
>
>On Wed, 19 May 1999 09:48:37 -0400,
> in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>William Green <green_william@jpmorgan.com> wrote:
>>Michael,
>>
>>See my response to your previous posting.
>>
>>regards,
>>Bill Green
>>
>>Michael Knarr wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>>    We are having problems in migrating our current application from
>>> Version 6.0 to 7.0.
>>> We are getting all sorts of problems with respect to inheritance /
>>> compilation errors. Some times  the message reads :
>>>
>>>     'The identifier 'w_.....' conflicts with an existing global variable
>>>
>>> with this name. The new definition of 'w_....' will take precedence and
>>> the prior value will be ignored until this version of 'w_....' goes out
>>> of scope. (  Actually, there is no global variable with window name as
>>> such. )
>>>
>>> Also, some of the windows we are unable to open after migration too.
>>>
>>> Can some one help in this regard and make the migration process smoother
>>>
>>> or is there any patch we need to download.
>>>
>>> Thanks in Advance.
>>
>
>raycharb


0
Simon
5/19/1999 2:56:51 PM
Reply: