Powerbuilder 7.0 and Sql Anywhere 5.5

I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal
database errors ever since I switched my application from Powerbuilder 5.0
to 7.0.  Do you know of any known problems with this.  If so, what can I do
about it?  Please advise
0
Jim_Sacks

Define fatal database errors? Do you mean assertions? If so, read
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1010805.

/ck

<Jim_Sacks> wrote in message
> I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting
fatal
> database errors ever since I switched my application from Powerbuilder 5.0
> to 7.0.  Do you know of any known problems with this.  If so, what can I
do
> about it?  Please advise

0
Chris

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 7.0
Hello, I need to enable a newly purchased PC running Windows XP Professional to use PowerBuilder 6.5 and access an SQL Anywhere 7.0 networked database. I downloaded the lastest maintenance release for PB, and installed the ODBC driver for SQL 7.0. In PB, when I goto "Configure ODBC" there is no SQL Anywhere 7.0 listed. How can I get PB 6.5 to connect to an SQL Anywhere 7.0 database? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Have you installed the ASA7 client software? /ck <Chip_Evans> wrote in message news:62528A78773FB61F005556F185256BE4.005557168525...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Migrating from SQL Anywhere 5.5 to MS SQL 7.0
I have a large application written in Powerbuilder 6.5.1 using Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. I would like to change the database to Microsoft SQL Server 7.0. The app has the following : 300 datawindows / datastores Embedded SQL in about 100 events / functions. The Database has the following: 50 tables with indexes and foriegn keys NO stored procedures or triggers. I'm pretty sure I want to use ODBC and not native drivers. Question : If there a paper that will help me through this migration process. Hopefully I would not have to change any datawindows! I have already migra...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Hi All! I was just wondering if I can have both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 databases on the same machine? I have two applications using two different databases, and using two different type of ODBC configuration setting. For some reason, when I installed the application which used MS SQL Server 7.0, my other application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 crashed or just doesn't work like it used to. I read somewhere that both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and MS SQL Server 7.0 can be on the same machine but I need some clarification. If I need to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5....

MS SQL 7.0 & SQL Anywhere 5.5 on same machine
Is this possible?????? We've got one product that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5 server and we'd like to also put MS SQL 7.0 on the same box. Would there be any problem with this configuration???? Thanks, Peter I run SSA5505, ASA8 and SQL Server 2000 all on one machine with no problems whatsoever. Ach Peter Brown wrote: > Is this possible?????? > > We've got one product that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5 server and we'd like to > also put MS SQL 7.0 on the same box. > > Would there be any problem with this configuration???? > > T...

Powerbuilder 8 and SQL Anywhere 5.5
I am working with PB6.5 with SQL Anyhere 5 database.My company is planning to move to Powerbuilder 8.Could anyone tell me if I need to upgrade my database also or can it work fine without upgrading? Thanks You do not need to upgrade the database... -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com ** Please only post to the newsgroup ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http:...

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

Powerbuilder 5.0.4 and migrating to SQL 7.0
We will be migrating from SQL 6.5 to 7.0. Does this require a recompile of Powerbuilder applications, or just pointing to the new (7.0) database in the .ini file? Any other suggestion and/or hints would be greatly appreciated. PB5 will not work with SQL 7.0. One person has said they got it working fine but the general experience, and Sybase's position, is that you need to upgrade to PB6.5 or 7.0 Simon Dan Wolterink <wolterink@dearborn.com> wrote in message news:IxnyP3#n$GA.299@forums.sybase.com... > We will be migrating from SQL 6.5 to 7.0. Does this require...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.2
We are running SQLA5505 and now want to upgrade to ASA702. For we have several stored procedures that we were not able to unload and reload, we thought of doing the upgrading process slowly, step by step: 1st, running the old database file under dbeng7.exe, 2nd, upgrading the old database file to level 7, 3rd, reloading the database file to complete level 7 features. But at this point, there startet a discussion, what features we can use in what level, so my question is: What features of Sybase 7 can we use, if we do that stepts? What can we do with no uprading, what needs an upgrade,...

PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses pipeline objects. The only thing that has changed is the destination database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0. We connect via ODBC. After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4 error code (i.e. Table Not Found). Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? Thanks, Victoria I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft. I am not sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0. pv Victoria Kelsey wrote: > > I am having...

convert from sql anywhere 5.5 to 7.0
Hello all, I have a large Sybase sql anywhere version 5.5 database. I'd like to convert this database to sql anywhere adaptive server 7.1. I've tried to unload the 5.5 database using the 7.1 software and it fails because it cannot open the database. Any input on what options I have to convert from 5.5 to 7.1 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. john.franklyn@bentley.com What is the specific error that you are getting? /ck "jf" <j@f.com> wrote in message news:kzRrevXOCHA.963@forums.sybase.com... > Hello all, > I have a large Sybase sql anywhere...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 to ASA 7.0
We currently have dbs out in production created with SQL Anywhere 5.5 and we are still shipping our products with SQL Anywhere 5.5. Sybase will stop licensing 5.5 so we have no choice but to upgrade to ASA 7.0. I was going through the utilities of ASA 7.0 (SQL Central) but I didn't see the option of 'Upgrade Database'. My questions are: 1. Will a db created with SQL Anywhere 5.5 run under ASA 7.0 without 'tweaking'? If not, what do we need to do? 2. What drivers will we need to deploy on both the client and the Server? (i.e. dbclient.exe, dbeng50.exe, ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 7.0 and Sql Anywhere 5.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles