PowerBuilder 7 on Windows ME?

Hi All:
Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform?

Thanks

                                                              Anthony Chen

0
AnthonyChen

I've used it in Win ME and now i'm using 7.0.3., since the upgrade it gives
less protection faults.

"AnthonyChen" <anthonychen@mpinfo.com.tw> escreveu na mensagem
> Hi All:
> Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform?
>
> Thanks
>
>                                                               Anthony Chen

0
sisgarbe
12/28/2000 11:53:10 AM
windows ME is not yet a certified platform for any version of powerbuilder.
You can use it, but ther is little to no support for it, and there is limit
to the number of controls you can have in an application, just like in
Win95/98.  I recommend going to win NT/2000 platform.  If you do, pb 7.0.2
C3 works best under NT, and 7.0.3 is best and certified for 2000.

Hope this helps

Jonathan Groves
Ferguson and Associates, Inc.

"AnthonyChen" <anthonychen@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message
> Hi All:
> Could I use PowerBuilder 7.0.2 on Windows ME platform?
>
> Thanks
>
>                                                               Anthony Chen

0
Jonathan

Windows ME and PowerBuilder 7
Yesterday I received the PowerBuilder 7 Enterprise evaluation CD and installed it onto my Windows ME workstation. Now everytime I reboot I get an error dialog that tells me that the language dll failed to load and indicates that the problem file is "wl50??t.dll". Also, whenever I try to run PowerSite, I am told that Vbox failed to initialize and the application does not run. According to my research, PowerBuilder and SQL Anywhere Studio are the products that will serve us best but I am concerned about these problems. Of course, Sybase will not support evaluation copies of...

PowerBuilder and Windows 7
I have not seen any statement from Sybase on PowerBuilder and Windows 7 support. We have a big customer that plans to convert to Windows 7 soon. We currently use PB 11.2. Can we expect that PB 11.2 will get a maintenance version that will support Windows 7, or will it be 11.5? And when? Historically, PB has seldom added official support for OSes in maintenance release; this usually comes in major releases. I've heard Sybase say Win7 support will be in PB12. That being said, MS seems to have done a pretty good job on ap compatibility, and several PB apps have been running on ...

Powerbuilder 7 and Windows 2000
I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. Does anyone know where such information can be found? Thanks I believe PB v7.04 and PB 8.0 support Windows 2000. "Ann Lyman" <ann_lyman@amsinc.com> wrote in message news:XkJLPHz#AHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > I am trying to find official documentation on the Sybase web site as to > which version of Powerbuilder will work with Windows 2000, without any luck. > Does anyone know where such information can be...

Powerbuilder compatibility with windows 7
Hi, I am purchasing a new laptop. They now come with windows 7. Dell offers 32bit, HP offers 64bit. I am running PB 11.5 and ASA 11. Can I use the 64 bit. Also, does anybody report trouble using the AMD processors? Thanks very much. Mel Polatchek Hi Mel; PB 11.5.1 that I am running works well on W7 both on the 32 and 64 bit varieties. However, even with PB 12.1 (latest version) - PB is still a 32 bit IDE that generates 32 bit application code. So in order to run on 64 bit systems, you need to make sure that any external DLL's called and DBMS client interfaces are...

Powerbuilder 7 on Windows 2000?
We are trying to run a powerbuilder application on Windows 2000 Server running windows terminal services. When the application starts we get the error Null Object Reference for the instantiation of pfc_app_manager. This exact same executable runs fine on Windows NT and Windows 98. Note..we are running Powerbuilder 7.02 build 8033. Thanks George It sounds like it can't find all the pbd's in your library path. Make sure all your pbd's are accounted for and in the same directory as the exe. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.c...

Size of Window
Hi all, I am again with a problem with windows. When I create a big window, when I put a Vertical Scroll, it works fine, but, the scroll continue showing more than the content of the window. Then I have a big grey area bellow the end of my window. I've tried to change the UnitsPerLine propertie in the Scroll tab of the window properties. It worked, but not as I wanted, because, ever time I change the height of my window I have to change this, and it depends on the resolution the user is using. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks a lot. Renne Rocha r...

Powerbuilder, FTP and Windows 7
Hello, I have installed PB 11.5. I have an application that one of the lots of thing that do is sending a file through FTP. I use a well known user object that uses the wininet.dll library (http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_ftpedit.html). All works fine in Windows XP, but in Windows 7 don't. Anyone knows how make it work in Windows 7? Thanks. I have not tried the sample code from Topwiz so I have not comment on that code. I have however used a c# assembly called via COM or from .Net deploy. FTP is very simple in native c# framework and you should not have to...

PowerBuilder 7 and Windows 2003
Hello group, Has anyone tried to install PB 7.03 to Windows 2003? I need some feedback. I installed succesfully and try to run an application. If I try to use the F keyes (F1 F2 etc) then it gpfs. I know PB 7 is out of support but has anyone done anything similar? Regards Dimitris Karistinos I believe that the first version of PB to be certified on W2003 is PB 9.0.2. "Dimitris Karistinos" <dkaris@relational.gr> wrote in message news:418b48b1@forums-1-dub... > Hello group, > Has anyone tried to install PB 7.03 to Windows 2003? > > I n...

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

PowerBuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? Thank you! LPG Please post to the relevant powerbuilder.xxx forum. This is an easerver forum for PB developers. thanks, Bill PS. PB7.03 is certified for Win2K LPG wrote: > Is PowerBuilder 7.0 Windows 2000 compliant? > > Thank you! > > LPG -- Bill Green[TeamSybase] ----------------------------------------------------------- Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/ Good Links to know, good places to go: Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often ...

PowerBuilder 7 and Windows 2003 #2
Hi all, We have a web application which is developed in PB7 and runs as a windows service on a Windows 2000 webserver server. We would like to port this to a Windows 2003 webserver, anybody has experience on this? Is it possible to run a PB7 exe as a windows service on a Win2003 server? Please comment... Thanks ...

powerbuilder 7.0 and Windows 2000
I have loaded an application that is written in PB 7.0 to a laptop with Windows 2000 and am having strange problems. This same application is loaded on multiple desktop PCs (all with Windows 95 or 98) and works fine. The main problem is an Application error that comes up frequently in different parts of the application ( "The Instruction at "0x77e2bf4b" referenced at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read"). This immediately terminates the program. Do you think that PowerBuilder 7.0 is not compatable with Windows 2000?? Thanks Sue Officiall...

PowerBuilder 7 on windows XP Professional
Hello Does anybody know if PB 7 is supported on Windows XP Professional? Also, PB 7 is very slow on a computer with windows 2000 (upto 12 minutes to save..) but fast on windows 98 (but much slower computer).. The question is does anybody have experienced problems of speed with Windows XP Professional and PB 7? Thank you all in advance for responses. Hello Roy.. Thank you for the response. Do you have any comments on PB 7 being slow on a windows 2000 computer? we use Objectcycle and checking in, out and even saving to my hard drive of objects checked out takes 12 mins app...

Powerbuilder 9 compatibility with Windows 7
Hello...I was wondering if Powerbuilder 9.0.1 build 7236 compatible with Windows 7 It might work, but it definitely is not supported. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <Development_ISI> wrote in message news:4b4ddb25.79b9.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello...I was wondering if Powerbuilder 9.0.1 build 7236 > compatible with Windows 7 So if it's not supported than I defently will not know for sure if it'...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 7 on Windows ME? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles