PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC

Hi All,
I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From
PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC.
I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows
NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's
provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini).
Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT
Server (where the database resides).
I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0
but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns
null. Though in the database it is not null (the column contains data). All
other columns of datatypes different from Varchar retrieves correctly.
I copied my source code out in the NT4.0 machine and debugged in from
development environment. Whenever there is a select (e.g SELECT FIELDCHAR1
INTO :stringvar1 FROM TAB1) it returns a null in stringvar1. The table has
data in that column.
Please help me out. I might be missing something very obvious.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA

Debasish
--
Debasish Mukhopadhyay
EOS International

0
Debasish

PowerBuilder & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC
Hi All, I have a peculiar problem while connecting to SQL Server 7.0 From PowerBuilder 5.0.03 Enterprise through ODBC. I can connect from a windows 95 machine (where my client is) to a Windows NT4 (SP3) machine (where the server resides) via ODBC. I use the dll's provided by PowerBuilder. (PBODB050.dll, PBODB050.ini). Till this it is fine. The problem comes when my client is also in the NT Server (where the database resides). I can connect to SQL Server 7.0 from PowerBuilder 5.0.03 on windows NT4.0 but all the select statements which has Varchar type columns in it, returns null. ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & Oracle 8.0.5
I am using PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise(EA Studio 3.0) with Oracle 8.0.5 using PB 7.0's Native Database interface and through ODBC on Win - NT/Win 98. Now I am facing one serious problem regarding Datawindow. When I try to create Group DW through SQL Select, Datawindow gets created successfully but if I try to change the height of Header/Footer Band then PB immediately crashes displaying "Invalid page fault ..", sometimes PB crashes on moving data elements also. But if I connect to Adaptive Server then it works. I could not make out why this happens. Please help me out M...

PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses pipeline objects. The only thing that has changed is the destination database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0. We connect via ODBC. After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4 error code (i.e. Table Not Found). Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? Thanks, Victoria I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft. I am not sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0. pv Victoria Kelsey wrote: > > I am having...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

MS SQL Server 7.0 and PowerBuilder 5.03
We have been battling a data transfer bug with SQL Server 7.0 where Microsoft's transfer manager is failing to transfer all objects to a data base. After completing one such transfer, we are having problems getting the PowerBuilder development environment to recognize table structures. My theory is that Microsoft has inadvertantly tossed some stored procedures used by PowerBuilder. My on-line PB documentation says that no scripts need to be run on SQL Server 6.5 because PB uses the system catalogs for its information. How about SQL Server 7.0? Are there any scripts I need to r...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 5.0.03 & SQL Server 7.0 & ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles