PowerBuilder 5.0 with external functions

I am developing a PB application with PB 5.0.2 which has to access
external functions.I am accessing a library x.dl and I have around 16
function calls to the same.My application seems to get a GPF  after the
5 function.Has somebody got an insight to any other settings I may have
to use (Memory setting) etc. Any further information (technical white
papers information would be appreciated.

0
usernamepc

Whoever you are <usernamepc>,

You are not giving us much here to work with...

What platform are you using (16/32-bit)?
Can you provide the DLL function prototypes and corresponding PB function
declarations?

Roy

usernamepc wrote in message <35379288.713CD913@hns.com>...
>I am developing a PB application with PB 5.0.2 which has to access
>external functions.I am accessing a library x.dl and I have around 16
>function calls to the same.My application seems to get a GPF  after the
>5 function.Has somebody got an insight to any other settings I may have
>to use (Memory setting) etc. Any further information (technical white
>papers information would be appreciated.

0
Roy

External functions in PowerBuilder 5.0 DLLs
I once received a reply to a problem I posted in this discussion group in which I found out that some of PowerBuilder 5.0.x's DLLs have functions in them which can be called by a PowerBuilder programmer by declaring them as external functions... I would like to know if anyone has a complete list of all the functions within the DLLs, as well as some documentation for each function, which can be declared as external functions in PowerBuilder. I could really use the information because I sometimes need to call API functions in PowerBuilder but sometimes that still isn't enough....

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

The Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0
All, I am looking for any information you would have on the Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0. We are scoping out initial effort estimate documents and workplans. thanks- Brian I would start by searching this ng. Many folks have replied to questions regarding migrations from 8 to 9, 7 to 9, 6 to 9 etc. The notes may not answer all your questions but still should give you some valuable insight HTH Greg <Brian Hauss> wrote in message news:40c09b93.4a25.1681692777@sybase.com... > All, > I am looking for any information y...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

Powerbuilder 5.0 against Visual Basic 5.0
Can someone give me some good advise why I sould use Powerbuilder 5.0 instead of Visual Basic 5.0 for making critical applications (With SQL-server 6.5) ?? We are looking forward to build critical applications for around 100 users. Please sent your notes to e-mail: karel.geraerts@alz.be instead of this newsgroup. Many thanks! Mainly because you don't have to put up with all the crap found in the Microsoft newsgroups when you need help. (Ads for pirated software from Hong Kong, etc.) There are a lot of other reasons as well (PB is OO, supports inheritance, yadda yadda yadda)....

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Oracle 8.0.5 vs Powerbuilder 5.0.04
Hello People. I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. Somebody know where i find this. There is only a beta OR8 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Sergio Augusto wrote in message ... >Hello People. > >I need Native database driver of PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to Oracle 8.0.5. > >Somebody know where i find this. > > > > ...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Oracle 8.0.5 with PowerBuilder 5.0.04 (16 bits)
I have a PB 5.0.04 in 16 bits and I try to connect on an Oracle 8.0.05 database on NT Server. I able to connect on this database with PB 5.0.04 in 32 bits with the driver OR8. But I don't able with the driver O73. The message is: "DBMS O73 is not supported in your current installation." I installed SQL*Net2.3.4.02 in client and I add the appropriate driver in PowerBuilder to connect with O73. The file PBO73050.DLL is placed c:\PWRS\SYS in PB 16 bits and is in my path. Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks, Sylvie There are 32 and 16 bit flavors of SQL...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 5.0 with external functions - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles