PowerBuilder 4.0 to 32 bit 4.0?

Would anyone have information about where to find the 32 bit version of
PowerBuilder 4.0?  I really don't want to upgrade to a wholly new
version, when the one I have (PowerBuilder 4.0 Enterprise) has nothing
wrong with it, save that it doesn't like Windows 98.
I tried asking Sybase, but received no reply.  If you can help, thank
you.

J. Ellner

0
Desdinova

Good luck finding one, its been a long time since anyone has stocked that
version. I'll dig around my basement and see what I can find. Regardless, If
you are still doing development I recommend moving to a later version. The
migration to PB5 isn't painful.

--
Regards,

John Olson [TeamPS]                   john.olson@bigfoot.com
Developower, Inc.                        developower@bigfoot.com
---- All support communications via News Group please ----
Desdinova wrote in message <36E46C97.B5A520E1@usa.net>...
>Would anyone have information about where to find the 32 bit version of
>PowerBuilder 4.0?  I really don't want to upgrade to a wholly new
>version, when the one I have (PowerBuilder 4.0 Enterprise) has nothing
>wrong with it, save that it doesn't like Windows 98.
>I tried asking Sybase, but received no reply.  If you can help, thank
>you.
>
>J. Ellner

0
John
3/9/1999 1:49:00 AM
If I remember correctly, both versions (16 and 32 bit) were on the same
(enterprise) installation disk.  I believe that the install program was in
the "nt" directory.

However, since Sybase is no longer supporting PB4, I would strongly
recommend biting the bullet and converting to PB5 (or PB6) now... it's not
too bad.

HTH,
Greg

Gregory R. George
Greg_George@AscensionLabs.com
Ascension Labs, LLC
Visit www.AscensionLabs.com for PB Tips,
Tricks, Tools, and Free Objects.

Desdinova wrote in message <36E46C97.B5A520E1@usa.net>...
>Would anyone have information about where to find the 32 bit version of
>PowerBuilder 4.0?  I really don't want to upgrade to a wholly new
>version, when the one I have (PowerBuilder 4.0 Enterprise) has nothing
>wrong with it, save that it doesn't like Windows 98.
>I tried asking Sybase, but received no reply.  If you can help, thank
>you.
>
>J. Ellner

0
Gregory
3/9/1999 7:48:35 PM
The Sybase website has version 4.0.07 in the maintenance library.  Once in
the maintenance library choose the following link:

PowerBuilder Maintenance Library (Windows)

Then scroll down until you find this heading:

PowerBuilder Maintenance Release 4.0.07 for Windows (Intel)

Download these files:  407N1.ZIP, 407N2.ZIP, 407N3.ZIP and 407N4.ZIP

Good Luck,
Roland

0
Roland

watcom 4.0 and Powerbuilder 4.0
Is there a conflict between 16 bit odbc and 32 bit odbc running under Win 95? I can't seem to connect to our Watcom SQL 4.0 databases. I get error message "Can't load interface...." What troubleshooting should I be doing? Do I need new ODBC drivers? Thanks Stephane ...

Test on Powerbuilder 4.0 & Watcom 4.0
Just want to share with u some of the test that we have done to prove that Powerbuilder 4.0 version and Watcom 4 database engine complies with Y2K requirements and there's no need for 6.0 conversion. This is on the assumption that ur computer is Y2K and your apps use a 4 digit code for all your "Year" data-entry requirements. We tested both PB4 and PB6 application using Watcom 4 (not Y2K compliant as they say?) and SQLAnywhere 5.5 respectively. Test 1 1. I created a dummy table with two date fields. 2. I created a datawindows data-entry screen and prepared 'm...

HMC 4.0: 451 4.4.0
Hello, I started having Edge queue filled with 451 4.4.0 primary target ip address responded with: 421 4.2.1 unable to connect messages. This is for outgoing messages. Some messages are going out, others are in the queue. I was not able to find much searching the net. Can somebody please help? Thank you Alex Did you enable using External DNS?? Although you input it, it may not be enabled to use it. Please check.KK...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Name: Steven C. Stacy Email: bigmosteve_57atwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Comments: I have been a programmer for 30 years. I just upgraded to the versions on Firefox and Thunderbird listed in the subject line. I think these versions are very buggy. Firefox's password manager doesn't work and even with the link "http://hendrix.mozilla.org" work around link to "force autocomplete=off doesn't do the trick. Thunderbird can get my e-mail but keeps asking for one on the accounts password. When I ca...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process?...

ZAP 4.0.210.0 and 4.0.146.?
Can someone please explain what the difference is between the two versions? I have ZAP 4.0.146 and when I click on check for upgrade, it says I have the latest version; which clearly is a bit misleading. Is 4.0.210.0 on a different scale or is my ZAP update screwed up? My ZAP hasn't expired. Any clarifications appreciated. Edmund -- "Edmund" <kdtc@netfront.net> wrote in message news:bnn5no$dsh$1@news.grc.com... > Can someone please explain what the difference is between > the two versions? > > I have ZAP 4.0.146 and when I click on ...

Deploying 16 bit PB 4.0 to NT 4.0
Development environment PB4.0 Maint Rel 6, 16 bit version runnning under Win95. One of our run time environments is Win NT 4.0 SP3. Database is SQL Server V6.5 SP3. App executes as expected in WFW 3.11 and Win95. Under Win Nt 4.0, I get a "File Error" message window stating "Cannot Find MSDBLIB3.DLL" when the app attempts to 'log in' to the db. The MSDBLIB3.DLL is located in the C:\mssql\bin directory which is in the PATH (included in AUTOEXEC.NT). Anybody know what's wrong? I can't seem to find any PB documentation which addresses deployment...

Apol 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.0 conversion
Hi , I am converting an application into pb 6.0 which is developed in Apol 4.0 in PB4.0 We are migrated that application in PB 6.0 ( directly , skiping 5.0 ) We are facing problem with scroll bar. Each datawindow object is coming with Vscroll bar evenif it contains only one row. These datawindows are working fine in PB 4.0 with Apol 4.0 But with the pb 6.0, Each tabular datawindow is showing the vscrollbar evenif it contain only one row. Has anyone faced such type of problem before ? Thanks in advance Mahendra Dhamdhere ...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1 and MySql 4.0
I am using the MySql ODBC Driver 3.51 to connect to MySql I tried to switch my application to MySql, but i have the problem that MySql got problems with double quotes on table and fieldnames. e.g. Select "person"."name" from person; would lead to an MySQL Error. Select person.name from person; is ok Is there a special connectstring parameter or a MySql parameter which would solve this problem ? Thx, Andreas Eibegger Try turning off the delimiter option for the connection. On 20 Feb 2004 01:24:23 -0800, "Andreas Eibegger" <andreas....

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

Apol 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.0 conversion
Hi , I am converting an application into pb 6.0 which is developed in Apol 4.0 in PB4.0 We are migrated that application in PB 6.0 ( directly , skiping 5.0 ) We are facing problem with scroll bar. Each datawindow object is coming with Vscroll bar evenif it contains only one row. These datawindows are working fine in PB 4.0 with Apol 4.0 But with the pb 6.0, Each tabular datawindow is showing the vscrollbar evenif it contain only one row. Has anyone faced such type of problem before ? Thanks in advance Mahendra Dhamdhere Mahendra Dhamdhere wrote: > > Hi , > I am conv...

MySQL 4.0 or MySQL 4.1 ? (switching from 4.0 to 4.1 results in problems)
Hi there, I tried to migrate my bugzilla DB from MySQL 4.0 to MySQL 4.1 but I did not work. Unfortunately the data is not displayed anymore. I have worked around the passwd/login problem, ok. Searching also works but if i want to display a bug, all fields are empty. I looked into the 4.1 DB and the data is there, however it is not displayed in the webbrowser... I seems to be related to the problem "Can't find bugs" which was discussed in May this year, but I could not find a solution there. What it the recommendation. Stay to MySQL 4.0 ? (I am on WinXP) t...

Error after upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
Hi, I've just upgraded from 4.0.0, and the upgrade process appeared to run OK. I had added the SiteSqlServer, ValidationKey and DecryptionKey settings to the new web.config file and I can get to the site OK, but... None of the module content displays. Each module says: An error has occurred.Error: <title of module> is currently unavailable. The titles are there, all the pages and menu items are there - just no content (text etc.) insode the modules. Any ideas? Thanks!http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk Solved this ourselves - we had a typo in one of the connection strings in web.conf...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 #2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process? Well, since I didn't get a response, I tried the instructions at that site. When running these, REPLACE EVERYTHING, and it upgrades your site just fine. If anyone has questions, ask me.  Mine went smoothly....

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 4.0 to 32 bit 4.0? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles