Powerbuilder #2

To all:

1.I am having trouble connecting to my ORACLE DB. I am on a standalone PC
and trying to connect to Personal Oracle. Could someone give me some
insight in how to do this?

2. Also, Can version 6.5 and 7.0 reside on the same machine?

3. When I try to compile a simple executable on my Win 98 machine(in 6.5 or
7.0) I get a Dll missing error? Is this due to A compatability issue.
0
Erric_Chaney

You need nothing special to connect to a personal oracle.

Just create an local SQL Net alias or connect to 2: or to empty string

SQLCA.ServerName = "@LOCAL"
SQLCA.ServerName = "2:"
SQLCA.ServerName = ""

The rest is the same as the Oracle Server.
eg.
SQLCA.DBMS = "O73 ORACLE 7.3"
SQLCA.LogPass = "password"
SQLCA.ServerName = "@LOCAL"
SQLCA.LogId = "MY_LOG_ID"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm = "CommitOnDisconnect='No'"

--
__________________________________
Papadomichelakis John
<Erric_Chaney> wrote in message
> To all:
>
> 1.I am having trouble connecting to my ORACLE DB. I am on a standalone PC
> and trying to connect to Personal Oracle. Could someone give me some
> insight in how to do this?
>
> 2. Also, Can version 6.5 and 7.0 reside on the same machine?
>
> 3. When I try to compile a simple executable on my Win 98 machine(in 6.5
or
> 7.0) I get a Dll missing error? Is this due to A compatability issue.

0
Papadomichelakis

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 #2
When will PB 7.0.2 be released? Jan Erik Here's a couple of factoids: - 7.0.1 was released early August - the last official statement from Sybase *I* heard regarding maintenance releases was that the period between maintenance releases was to be six months - while 7.0.1 came in quite early at 3.5 months (the EAStudio version looks like it will be closer to 4.5.- 5 months by the time we get it), other maintenance releases in the past couple of years have tended to be around 8 or 9 months coming - Sybase will never commit to a release date until it is out the door...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

EA-Server 6.2 to PowerBuilder 11.2 EJB client update #2
I've been working off and on for the last couple of months in the attempt to create a model EA-Server 6.2 application that can return a PowerBuilder NVO and be used from PowerBuilder EA-Server clients, PowerBuilder EJB clients, generic EJB clients, and generic SOAP clients. As documented in previous threds that I started back in April, I was unable to get either of the PowerBuilder client models to successfully work with the returned NVO. My local Sybase branch connected me informally with a couple of folks from Sybase China and long story short, I was told to hang on unt...

Powerbuilder Upgrade from 8.2 to 11.2
Hi, We're looking to upgrade our pfc application from 8.2 to 11.2. Are there any documents available to help me with this. Anyting in particular I need to ensure \ avoid? Thank Raj Take a look at Terry Voth's site for upgrade info: http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <raj.khanna@edftrading.com> wrote in message ne...

PowerBuilder compatibilites with EAServer 4.2.2 Linux
Release Bulletin for EAServer 4.2.2 for Linux in Product Compatibilities i'm read PowerBuilder: This EAServer version does not include a PowerBuilder virtual machine. It's means deployed NVOs and WebDatawindows is not supported? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040006020003040509090500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > It's means deployed NVOs and WebDatawindows is not > supported? That's correct - currently does not support PB NVOs. -- Rahul Jain Cynergy System...

Powerbuilder 10.2 and Oracle 10.2.0.3
Hi, Is anyone aware of any documentation that shows if Powerbuilder 10.2 is compatible with Oracle 10.2.0.3 Windows Client? Thanks in advance. http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 It will work with the 10.2 client, it's just if there are special features for that version PB 10.2 won't know about them (it supports up through 10.1). On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 10:35:38 -0700 (PDT), arch.gopal@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >Is anyone aware of any documentation that shows if Powerbuilder 10.2 >is compatible with Oracle 10.2.0.3 Windows Client? > >Thanks in ...

Powerbuilder 8.0.2 build 9506 and PVCS #2
Hi, Can anyone tell me what versions of PVCS are supported for 8.0.2 build 9506? If so where can you find this kind of information? Thanks. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Hi, it is recommended to use at least PVCS 6.8.0 with PB8. We are using PVCS 7.5.1 and have no problems. Greetings Thomas On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:13:45 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.source_control <Thomas> wrote: >Hi, > >it is recommended to use at least PVCS 6.8.0 with PB8. > >We are using PVCS 7...

ODBC
I am receiving the following error with my application is try to select from the Access database (the connection works just fine). I am using Powerbuilber 7.0.2 build 8003. 'SQLSATE=S1003, [MICROSOFT][ODBC DRIVER MANAGER]Program Type Out Of Range' Is there are new dll that I need to use for ODBC or is there some other work around? Thanks. Janene Just answered your earlier post as anoymous@sybase.com. On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:39:27 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database <janene.francis@kohlerco.com> wrote: >I am receiving the following er...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles