Powerbuilder 2 Java

Hi All,

How to import Java Class file to Powerbuilder.

The options i tried was
1> Generate a Class file using Javac
2> Converted the Class File to .srx file using "Javap -c <ClassFileName>"

While importing the .srx file in Powerbuilder an error occurs
"Import Failed. Possible Causes: Import file missing export header"

Yes, the .srx doesn't have $PBExportHeader.

How to generate a file with this criteria? If any other possible solution
pls reply.

Thanks,
Kannan

0
kannan

Hi.

I'm also looking to see if I can do this.

I found this link:
http://sybooks.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-pb/pbg0900e/pbnigref/@Generic__BookTextView/2317

Is that the right place to start reading about this ?

Regards

Dave Smith

"kannan" <kannankr@cgvakindia.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> How to import Java Class file to Powerbuilder.
>
> The options i tried was
> 1> Generate a Class file using Javac
> 2> Converted the Class File to .srx file using "Javap -c <ClassFileName>"
>
> While importing the .srx file in Powerbuilder an error occurs
> "Import Failed. Possible Causes: Import file missing export header"
>
> Yes, the .srx doesn't have $PBExportHeader.
>
> How to generate a file with this criteria? If any other possible solution
> pls reply.
>
> Thanks,
> Kannan

0
David
6/8/2004 12:09:16 PM
There is a wizard in PB that will create the proxy object by connecting to
EAServer and pulling in it's definition.

> Hi All,
>
> How to import Java Class file to Powerbuilder.
>
> The options i tried was
> 1> Generate a Class file using Javac
> 2> Converted the Class File to .srx file using "Javap -c <ClassFileName>"
>
> While importing the .srx file in Powerbuilder an error occurs
> "Import Failed. Possible Causes: Import file missing export header"
>
> Yes, the .srx doesn't have $PBExportHeader.
>
> How to generate a file with this criteria? If any other possible solution
> pls reply.
>
> Thanks,
> Kannan

0
Roland
6/8/2004 12:40:34 PM
Please don't cross-post

On 8 Jun 2004 03:44:10 -0700, "kannan" <kannankr@cgvakindia.com>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>How to import Java Class file to Powerbuilder.
>
>The options i tried was
>1> Generate a Class file using Javac
>2> Converted the Class File to .srx file using "Javap -c <ClassFileName>"
>
>While importing the .srx file in Powerbuilder an error occurs
>"Import Failed. Possible Causes: Import file missing export header"
>
>Yes, the .srx doesn't have $PBExportHeader.
>
>How to generate a file with this criteria? If any other possible solution
>pls reply.
>
>Thanks,
>Kannan

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Easy XML with PowerBuilder DOM: June 8 & 10, 2004
http://crm.sybase.com/sybase/www/ESD/ISUGJUNE2004Regbn.jsp

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has mutliple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce

java powerbuilder to java functions
We are currently on PowerBuilder 8.0, backend Sybase, and are looking into web development using pure Java, no EAS. Are there any class libraries out there that have been written for java/powerbuilder, for instance the equivelent of Rowcount() or Find, or other datawindow functions, but now instead of using datawindows we will be using arrays. I hate to reinvent the wheel and it seems like somebody must have done this already. Larry Horowitz Larry, I'm lost. No EAS, no DataWindows. Where does PowerBuilder fit into the solution here? -- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSy...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

Powerbuilder #2
To all: 1.I am having trouble connecting to my ORACLE DB. I am on a standalone PC and trying to connect to Personal Oracle. Could someone give me some insight in how to do this? 2. Also, Can version 6.5 and 7.0 reside on the same machine? 3. When I try to compile a simple executable on my Win 98 machine(in 6.5 or 7.0) I get a Dll missing error? Is this due to A compatability issue. You need nothing special to connect to a personal oracle. Just create an local SQL Net alias or connect to 2: or to empty string SQLCA.ServerName = "@LOCAL" SQLCA.ServerName = "...

Powerbuilder to Java
Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to real Java Code ? Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate my Powerbuilder Application to Java because it should work on IBM NCs without Winframe. Please help me. Thanks a lot !!!! Erwin Selg wrote: > Will the component factory enable me to migrate my Powerbuilder > Application to real Java Code ? > Will this work for nonvisual and for visual objects ? I need to migrate > my Powerbuilder Application to Java because > it should work on IBM NCs witho...

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 #2
When will PB 7.0.2 be released? Jan Erik Here's a couple of factoids: - 7.0.1 was released early August - the last official statement from Sybase *I* heard regarding maintenance releases was that the period between maintenance releases was to be six months - while 7.0.1 came in quite early at 3.5 months (the EAStudio version looks like it will be closer to 4.5.- 5 months by the time we get it), other maintenance releases in the past couple of years have tended to be around 8 or 9 months coming - Sybase will never commit to a release date until it is out the door...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

EA-Server 6.2 to PowerBuilder 11.2 EJB client update #2
I've been working off and on for the last couple of months in the attempt to create a model EA-Server 6.2 application that can return a PowerBuilder NVO and be used from PowerBuilder EA-Server clients, PowerBuilder EJB clients, generic EJB clients, and generic SOAP clients. As documented in previous threds that I started back in April, I was unable to get either of the PowerBuilder client models to successfully work with the returned NVO. My local Sybase branch connected me informally with a couple of folks from Sybase China and long story short, I was told to hang on unt...

Powerbuilder Upgrade from 8.2 to 11.2
Hi, We're looking to upgrade our pfc application from 8.2 to 11.2. Are there any documents available to help me with this. Anyting in particular I need to ensure \ avoid? Thank Raj Take a look at Terry Voth's site for upgrade info: http://www.techno-kitten.com/PowerBuilder_Help/PowerBuilder_Migration/powerbuilder_migration.html -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <raj.khanna@edftrading.com> wrote in message ne...

PowerBuilder compatibilites with EAServer 4.2.2 Linux
Release Bulletin for EAServer 4.2.2 for Linux in Product Compatibilities i'm read PowerBuilder: This EAServer version does not include a PowerBuilder virtual machine. It's means deployed NVOs and WebDatawindows is not supported? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040006020003040509090500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit > It's means deployed NVOs and WebDatawindows is not > supported? That's correct - currently does not support PB NVOs. -- Rahul Jain Cynergy System...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 2 Java - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles