Powerbuilder 10.5.1 Rich Text issue

I have migrated an application from 10.2 to 10.5.1 (build 6021).  I am
having a problem with the new rich text control on a form, that only
occurs at runtime.  It seems to be preventing a Print and Close button
on that form from working.

The form has a datawindow object on it and the two buttons.  Based on a
menu choice which opens the form, one of several rich text datawindow
objects are loaded into the datawindow.  At first, after upgrading,
once I deployed the application and tried to run it on another machine,
the data window wouldn't display.

I realized that this was due to not having the new rich text control
runtime files on that machine.   Once I ran the runtime packager and
installed those files, I was able to see the rich text datawindow.
However, installing those files seemed to break the functionality of
the Print and close buttons on that form.  Through testing by placing
various message boxes, it appears that the buttons are mostly
functional, but that the ultimate end command (e.g. "close(this)" in
the case of the Close button) is not triggered and the form doesn't
close.  If I uninstall the runtime files, I lose being able to see the
rich text data window, but the buttons work again.

The buttons are inherited from other buttons which have children
throughout the application and all of them are working fine.  These
buttons on the form with the rich text datawindow seem to be the only
ones having problems.

I have seen several other posts regarding problems with the new rich
text control, but none that seemed to be related to this.  Does anyone
have any ideas or a similar problem?

0
Doug

I have seen the problem using Vista 32 bit OS.  Our case we are using the
active-x version of the control instead of the PB version on a window
instead of a datawindow.  In our case the work around is to turn off
refress, disable the control, hide the control during the print/save
operation and then reverse the procedure after words.  Also some of the
"style" choices on the tool bar cause a really bad case of "flashing".

I have seen any related problem under Server 2003 SP1/SP2, windows 2000 SP4
or Windows XP SP2.

"Doug" <pbgoogle@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>I have migrated an application from 10.2 to 10.5.1 (build 6021).  I am
> having a problem with the new rich text control on a form, that only
> occurs at runtime.  It seems to be preventing a Print and Close button
> on that form from working.
>
> The form has a datawindow object on it and the two buttons.  Based on a
> menu choice which opens the form, one of several rich text datawindow
> objects are loaded into the datawindow.  At first, after upgrading,
> once I deployed the application and tried to run it on another machine,
> the data window wouldn't display.
>
> I realized that this was due to not having the new rich text control
> runtime files on that machine.   Once I ran the runtime packager and
> installed those files, I was able to see the rich text datawindow.
> However, installing those files seemed to break the functionality of
> the Print and close buttons on that form.  Through testing by placing
> various message boxes, it appears that the buttons are mostly
> functional, but that the ultimate end command (e.g. "close(this)" in
> the case of the Close button) is not triggered and the form doesn't
> close.  If I uninstall the runtime files, I lose being able to see the
> rich text data window, but the buttons work again.
>
> The buttons are inherited from other buttons which have children
> throughout the application and all of them are working fine.  These
> buttons on the form with the rich text datawindow seem to be the only
> ones having problems.
>
> I have seen several other posts regarding problems with the new rich
> text control, but none that seemed to be related to this.  Does anyone
> have any ideas or a similar problem?

0
Tyler
1/18/2007 12:23:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestion.

I gave this a try on the Print button and it didn't seem to work.  I
didn't turn of refresh, though, since I'm not sure what you meant by
that.  Here's the code that I ran in the clicked event of the Print
button:

parent.dw_1.enabled = false
parent.dw_1.visible = false

I have since tried completely removing the rich text datawindow from
the form and the Close button worked fine (the Print button wouldn't be
applicable since it is printing what's in the datawindow).

The next thing I think I will try is completely deleting the window
that I am working on and recreate it.

I will post my results here.

Also, I am testing this on an XP SP2 machine.

Tyler Cruse wrote:
> I have seen the problem using Vista 32 bit OS.  Our case we are using the
> active-x version of the control instead of the PB version on a window
> instead of a datawindow.  In our case the work around is to turn off
> refress, disable the control, hide the control during the print/save
> operation and then reverse the procedure after words.  Also some of the
> "style" choices on the tool bar cause a really bad case of "flashing".
>
> I have seen any related problem under Server 2003 SP1/SP2, windows 2000 SP4
> or Windows XP SP2.
>

> "Doug" <pbgoogle@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> >I have migrated an application from 10.2 to 10.5.1 (build 6021).  I am
> > having a problem with the new rich text control on a form, that only
> > occurs at runtime.  It seems to be preventing a Print and Close button
> > on that form from working.
> >
> > The form has a datawindow object on it and the two buttons.  Based on a
> > menu choice which opens the form, one of several rich text datawindow
> > objects are loaded into the datawindow.  At first, after upgrading,
> > once I deployed the application and tried to run it on another machine,
> > the data window wouldn't display.
> >
> > I realized that this was due to not having the new rich text control
> > runtime files on that machine.   Once I ran the runtime packager and
> > installed those files, I was able to see the rich text datawindow.
> > However, installing those files seemed to break the functionality of
> > the Print and close buttons on that form.  Through testing by placing
> > various message boxes, it appears that the buttons are mostly
> > functional, but that the ultimate end command (e.g. "close(this)" in
> > the case of the Close button) is not triggered and the form doesn't
> > close.  If I uninstall the runtime files, I lose being able to see the
> > rich text data window, but the buttons work again.
> >
> > The buttons are inherited from other buttons which have children
> > throughout the application and all of them are working fine.  These
> > buttons on the form with the rich text datawindow seem to be the only
> > ones having problems.
> >
> > I have seen several other posts regarding problems with the new rich
> > text control, but none that seemed to be related to this.  Does anyone
> > have any ideas or a similar problem?

0
Doug
1/18/2007 10:47:48 PM
I have found the solution to this issue.  The problem was that I had
some older powerbuilder dll files in the same directory as the
executable that were taking precedence over the newer 10.5
powerbuilder dll files installed in the shared directory.  I copied
the dll's from the shared directory into the application directory,
overwriting the ones that were there, and everything worked fine.

0
Doug

perl debugger+taint mode issue in 5.10.0, 5.10.1 5.12.1, no issue in 5.8.8
--001636832e82416c9f048ce9a23b Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Hi All, I got the scenario where perl debugger with taint mode is failing. I am using below .pm amd .xs file for testing $ cat *Mytest.pm* #!/usr/bin/perl -wT package Mytest; use XSLoader (); BEGIN { XSLoader::load('Mytest'); } BEGIN { XSLoader::load('Mytest'); my $var = defined($0)? UNDEFINE : 1; } sub func_test { glob("check"); return 1; } 1; $ cat *Mytest.xs* #include "EXTERN.h" #include "perl.h" #include "XSUB...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Powerbuilder 10.5.1 How to find out Known Issues
I am trying to gather up a list of known issues for Powerbuilder 10.5.1. I have downloaded the EBF (build 6602) and found that will fix my clients NULL value calculation issue. But now they want to make sure there are no other surprises that are already known. So how can I gather up a list of known issues to Powerbuilder 10.5.1? I have tried going to CASE managment but I can't see or find an option to search ALL OPEN cases. Any help or links would be helpful. Hello, Did you see the Release Bulletin PowerBuilder Enterprise 10.5.1 : http://www.sybase.com/deta...

Remote Debugging in EAS 5.5 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just wanted the thank the user group for its help and input on remote debugging. The comments were helpful and ogt me finally going on debugging remote objects on EAS. i might add that I still had deployment problems in Powerbuilder 10.5.1. The properties for the deployed compent would be selectable in the but the debug property in the property file would be false. Strangely enough, it would show up in the component to debug list as selectable. I had event delete the component, made sure the remote debugging checkbox was not selected, and the component would still deploy as thou...

Weird Issue in Powerbuilder 10.5.1 Build 6537
Hi All, We are running PB 10.5.1 Build 6537 and we recently noticed that we have issues in all the datawindow that is saving the string like \\prodserver\Source then it saves in behind the database as \prodserver\source with one back slash missing. Does anyone encoutered this kind of problem. Please help me to how to fix this issue. This happens in all the windows. Thanks Karthik The backslash character is an escape character for ODBC drivers. \n = newline, \r = carriage return, and so on. You have to double-up the backslash...

Rich Text Printing Problem in Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

PowerBuilder 10.5.1 issue with DB2 updates and PBODB105.INI
I've upgraded an existing DB2 / EDA (ODBC) application from PB 8.03 to PB 10.5.1, and I have migrated all of the following custom DSN entries from the old PBODB80.INI to the new PBODB105.INI file... [EDAP] PBNoCatalog='YES' PBDateTime='ISO_DATETIME_INTEGRATED' [DB2EDA] PBNoCatalog='YES' PBDateTime='ISO_DATETIME_INTEGRATED' [EDADB2] PBNoCatalog='YES' PBDateTime='ISO_DATETIME_INTEGRATED' [EDADB2T] PBNoCatalog='YES' PBDateTime='ISO_DATETIME_INTEGRATED' [EDADB2P] PBNoCatalog='YES' PBDateTime='...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Asc conversion Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5.1
In our original 6.5 encryption code we have the line: b = Asc (String(bl_byte)) Which works fine. It does not work at all in 10.5.1. So we used the code: b = Asc (String(bl_byte,EncodingAnsi!)) This works fine but is returning a different ASCII value. I have tried the different Encoding values and haven't got it to work. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Jeff I experienced a similar problem. Look at the AscA function instead. Brad "JTS" <jschulz@nrcan.gc.ca> wrote in message news:1167233913.298233.172280@n51g2000cwc.googlegroup...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Nested Reports and Appeon 5.0 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just upgrade to PowerBuilder 10.5.1 from PowerBuilder 9 with Appeon 5.0. I installed all EBF's and on one of my reports with nested datawindows, that worked perfectly before, now gives a -1 on the retrieve. Also it works perfectly just running the application form inside of power builder. Any suggestions. Hi It seems you also send an email to Appeon tech support and following is my answer. The problem should be caused by using an Appeon incompatible PBVM. Appeon certified build for PB 10.5 is 10.5.0.4523 but 10.5.1 plus. Since this is an Appeon Java-script deployed appli...

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 10.5.1 Rich Text issue - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles